Notorious RPM bumper and skid plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L3phturn

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Notorious
Wish I had done this before I bashed it. Construction area with piles of gravel and 1/2” stone has been hard on it. No protection for the chassis wings but otherwise it’s nice. The RPM bumper sits in front of the stock Notorious/ Outcast bumper and touches it at the ends so it will compress and act as a nice shock absorber. Most importantly it protects the diff housings. Also it was reasonably priced, unlike the aluminum stuff. Plastic is the way to go here anyway, I want flex and absorption not a hard plate that transfers the force of impact.

0364E732-2743-4AB4-8FAA-FC65B39816EF.jpeg

708F885E-5946-4B98-93D8-9A704E354ED0.jpeg

CB4C7B4F-9306-4324-9FD0-6BAADC902B51.jpeg

Wish I had done this before I bashed it. Construction area with piles of gravel and 1/2” stone has been hard on it. No protection for the chassis wings but otherwise it’s nice. The RPM bumper sits in front of the stock Notorious/ Outcast bumper and touches it at the ends so it will compress and act as a nice shock absorber. Most importantly it protects the diff housings. Also it was reasonably priced, unlike the aluminum stuff. Plastic is the way to go here anyway, I want flex and absorption not a hard plate that transfers the force of impact.

View attachment 95025
View attachment 95026
View attachment 95027
I've been saying this for a while but did it on my kraton ;)

Also put some stainless steel skid plates on top of a bumper on the back and front ;)
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/kraton-6s.26545/

Do you have an RPM bumper on the back too? Mine has saved my rear diff on a couple of bad landings..and the wing if we're being honest ;)

No not yet. Hmmm. I’ll look it up.

What I want is to remove the wing and have a rear bumper and some sort of protection for the back edge of the body. The wing is just basically a bumper for me but I would rather take it off but not destroy the body when I land upside down.

No not yet. Hmmm. I’ll look it up.

What I want is to remove the wing and have a rear bumper and some sort of protection for the back edge of the body. The wing is just basically a bumper for me but I would rather take it off but not destroy the body when I land upside down.
The body doesn't go back far enough so your shock towers will end up taking hits instead, I'd rather damage the body or wing myself but you could get another truck body (any body that's the right width) and chop the rear off then screw in where the wing mounts...also, not 100% sure on this since I haven't tested myself yet but I'm thinking of trying to get another putcast front bumper and mounting it to the rear so the front and back will match...like I said though, not really sure if the front stock bumper will fit the back yet but I know the rpm bumper does ;)

The body doesn't go back far enough so your shock towers will end up taking hits instead, I'd rather damage the body or wing myself but you could get another truck body (any body that's the right width) and chop the rear off then screw in where the wing mounts...also, not 100% sure on this since I haven't tested myself yet but I'm thinking of trying to get another putcast front bumper and mounting it to the rear so the front and back will match...like I said though, not really sure if the front stock bumper will fit the back yet but I know the rpm bumper does ;)

Oh I see, you just put the front on the back. Good idea, I’ll grab another one.

Exactly ;)
Doesn't seem like much but having the extra bumper in the back helps prevent a lot of damage from those harsh landings ;)
Does anyone know ok w the part # for the rpm bumper for the arrma notorious 6s BLX? Ty in advance.

View attachment 95025
View attachment 95026
View attachment 95027
What was the part number for the bumper and skid plates sir. Ty in advance. Trying to make sure I get the right ones for the Notorious 6s BLX.

Last edited:
Does anyone know ok w the part # for the rpm bumper for the arrma notorious 6s BLX? Ty in advance.

What was the part number for the bumper and skid plates sir. Ty in advance. Trying to make sure I get the right ones for the Notorious 6s BLX.

Front bumper RPM 81472​

Rear skid plate RPM 81442​

So this does fit the Notorious 6s BLX? Just making sure before I purchase. Thank you for your help. I see the ugh have it at hobbytown but think it was the new guy who said he didn't see it fir the notorious exact.

Front bumper RPM 81472​

Also looking to get the 5mm aluminium skid plate that I saw on YouTube for the arrmas. Comes from the U.K. though and hope it's worth the $85 dollars to make it more rigid. Anyone tried those out yet?

Front bumper RPM 81472​

I recommend you simply buy two of RPM 81472 as they fit on the back and the front. Having that bumper on the back can really save you damage when you land it hard on it's rear end.

I do not recommend an aluminum skid plate if you are bashing off road - it is not a good material for a skid. RPM plastic will do a better job of absorbing impacts without bending and is cheap enough to just replace it every once in a while.

I recommend you simply buy two of RPM 81472 as they fit on the back and the front. Having that bumper on the back can really save you damage when you land it hard on it's rear end.

I do not recommend an aluminum skid plate if you are bashing off road - it is not a good material for a skid. RPM plastic will do a better job of absorbing impacts without bending and is cheap enough to just replace it every once in a while.
I just wish rpm would put out a full chassis covering the entire bottom. They would profit left and right and help a lot.

I got one on rear of me senton6.good shock protector. I like the HR ones also

16084245699516060050654928718561.jpg

16084246211475180280432454746878.jpg

These metal HR are good ones too.save venerable chassis areas. Here's parts outcast that never had protectors.

Attachments

• 16084249301543838421008429785082.jpg
    16084249301543838421008429785082.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 16084251198316506614681867609318.jpg
    16084251198316506614681867609318.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back