Outcast RPM Bumper !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Will the rpm bumper fit the noto or outcast tbr bumper is trash thanks guys ..

Will the rpm bumper fit the noto or outcast tbr bumper is trash thanks guys ..

The only RPM part I think ever cared about is the front Kraton bumper.
I have RPM rear bumper on my Slash but didnt pay attention. Works good so far though. nice Slash for sale. ?
I have RPM rear bumper on my Slash but didnt pay attention. Works good so far though. nice Slash for sale. ?
Which part number? If its the same I have I think it may

To answer your question, yes the Rpm Bumper fits the Outcast/Notorious.

The Rpm is crap too, lasted 2 weeks before it broke. My TBR bumper was good for about 6 months until I hit a post in December.
wy33PxL.jpg

The Rpm is crap too, lasted 2 weeks before it broke. My TBR bumper was good for about 6 months until I hit a post in December.
View attachment 43600

Thats the front bumper I have and I beat on it some today. I was thinkin it was pretty good on the Kraton.

Never bought wing mounts cause they all break. No RPM arms.

Which part number? If its the same I have I think it may

View attachment 43600
What bumper do you recommend for noto

Attachments

• E8B72D73-00E8-4BAA-A778-1348624197F7.png
    E8B72D73-00E8-4BAA-A778-1348624197F7.png
    462.7 KB · Views: 84
I have that one on my Kraton and it fits an worked well tonight. I bet it fits all.
Easy and worth trying for under $20
So far I like mine ?

To be honest, T-Bone Racing. They have a lifetime warranty. Just fill out the form on their website and send them some pictures of what broke and they will send you a new one.

Rpm also has a "lifetime" warranty, most of the time they tell you to kick rocks or that you have to send in the old part. I'm not spending $5+ to ship out a $10 part, I'll just buy a new one thanks.

To be honest, T-Bone Racing. They have a lifetime warranty. Just fill out the form on their website and send them some pictures of what broke and they will send you a new one.

Rpm also has a "lifetime" warranty, most of the time they tell you to kick rocks or that you have to send in the old part. I'm not spending $5+ to ship out a $10 part, I'll just buy a new one thanks.
Thanks for the info I’ll hit t bone up

I use this on my Noto
Pos Rc
Has held up well, Bought the complete set with skidplates.

Since I switched to the RPM front bumper, it's been smooth sailing. I put my Noto through some serious abuse too, and it's held up better than the three or four Tbone's I've tried in the past. What I like most is the dimples they add so the skid sits nicely into the chassis. I was tearing screws out of the bottom of the dif housing on almost every run with the Tbone. Hasn't happened since with the RPM

I've been running an RPM bumper on my outcast for about a year. I put some wear bars made of steel held on by the 4 bolts as I ripped the front 2 screws through the skid early on. I used 3-4mm longer screws to make up the difference of the countersunk steel plates. Also have it on my rear one as the rough concrete at my skate park tend to grind through chassis and plastic skids very fast when hitting the face of the jumps.

They are just chunks of steel stock I got at lowes:
2018-0915-Outcast-ChassisSkidProtectors-2onFront.jpg

Haven't had any issues since I put those on last September.

Thats the front bumper I have and I beat on it some today. I was thinkin it was pretty good on the Kraton.

To be completely honest I have not been very impressed with Rpm since I started this hobby. Everyone always rants and raves about how they have the best parts on the planet. Guess what a lot of their stuff breaks just as easy if not easier than stock parts do.

To be completely honest I have not been very impressed with Rpm since I started this hobby. Everyone always rants and raves about how they have the best parts on the planet. Guess what a lot of their stuff breaks just as easy if not easier than stock parts do.
Might depend on the truck. Some of their stuff really isn't a lot better than stock. On my traxxas vehicles... especially my revos and t-maxx (back in the day), it was/is pretty much a necessity for me or I wouldn't even make it through a tank of gas or one set of packs without snapping an arm or axle carrier. With RPM arms/carriers on those, I have to crash really really bad or hit something inanimate really hard to break an RPM arm/carrier.

With my stampede, the RPM c-hubs/carriers weren't any better than stock. The RPM arms flex more and don't break at the hinge pin, but they do warp over time where the shocks mount. Same on my jato and outcast.

I'm not sure the arms were needed on the outcast. I just know when I first got it, I was running with a guy that had a v2 talion and he seemed to go through a lot of arms. So that was one of the first upgrades I did. I then broke an RPM arm on the rear the first weekend, a year ago. Had to have been a fluke or defect as it was July, so wasn't cold and I didn't crash that bad. I replaced it with RPM and haven't broken another since. The only issues I have with them on the outcast are the bit of warping/bending where the shocks mount and the front upper arms hinge pin holes stretching/egging out a bit, but I'm guessing stock would do the same after a years worth of hard bashing, if they didn't break.

Last edited:
So anyone with a Notorious or Outcast 6s knows that the stock front bumper is just a place they designed to hold a cool license plate sticker. Gotta change it right away. I went T Bone first, but not an Outcast version. They have way better designs for the Kraton, so I opted for one. Issue #1, the bodies of the Outcast and Noto hang low in the front, so expect excessive body damage when using the Kraton styles. The XV4 2.0 held up pretty well, as long as you have a dozen spare braces in the box. Run with a broken brace, and the bumper snaps like a twig. Did I mention that the T Bone tears out screws from under the truck? Great warranty right? They sent me the wrong bumper once, so I threw it on anyways. This was a proper Outcast basher bumper, and it snapped almost immediately. Warm spring day and typical abuse. Fast forward to June and a new RPM bumper. Dum de dum, nothing to see here, just a Notorious that's been bashed hard and still has it's bumper completely intact, not a single loose screw and a happy customer. If it breaks, it's waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to replace and is usually in stock at the lhs. Oh yeah, did I mention that T Bone is almost invisible in the lhs market here in Toronto? Online only and extra shipping, no thanks. Now when it starts to get cold again, this story might take a turn, but for good weather bashing, I'm sticking with the RPM. Not sure how many more glasses of Kool Aid I can drink before I'm drowning:p

Issue #1, the bodies of the Outcast and Noto hang low in the front, so expect excessive body damage when using the Kraton styles.

The front lower part of my outcast body got pretty messed up from the RPM one too. I just cut some of the body off.

The front lower part of my outcast body got pretty messed up from the RPM one too. I just cut some of the body off.
A little lip shave was all that is necessary and hardly noticeable. My collection of @olds97_lss style riveted and taped bodies, is really starting to grow on me;)

I've had horrible luck with both RPM & TBR bumpers, especially in the cold. The RPM arms can't handle cold either, they snap just as easy as stock in the cold. But they are complete beasts in the heat. Any winter bashing I use stock arms & let them fail. Besides, I bash 10X more when it's warm. I also make my own bumpers, no more breaks, no more fuss. I found at least 4 plastics of different pliability that can hold up to any amount of nose landings. That goes for the wing mounts too.

Might depend on the truck. Some of their stuff really isn't a lot better than stock. On my traxxas vehicles... especially my revos and t-maxx (back in the day), it was/is pretty much a necessity for me or I wouldn't even make it through a tank of gas or one set of packs without snapping an arm or axle carrier. With RPM arms/carriers on those, I have to crash really really bad or hit something inanimate really hard to break an RPM arm/carrier.

With my stampede, the RPM c-hubs/carriers weren't any better than stock. The RPM arms flex more and don't break at the hinge pin, but they do warp over time where the shocks mount. Same on my jato and outcast.

I'm not sure the arms were needed on the outcast. I just know when I first got it, I was running with a guy that had a v2 talion and he seemed to go through a lot of arms. So that was one of the first upgrades I did. I then broke an RPM arm on the rear the first weekend, a year ago. Had to have been a fluke or defect as it was July, so wasn't cold and I didn't crash that bad. I replaced it with RPM and haven't broken another since. The only issues I have with them on the outcast are the bit of warping/bending where the shocks mount and the front upper arms hinge pin holes stretching/egging out a bit, but I'm guessing stock would do the same after a years worth of hard bashing, if they didn't break.

I don't think I will buy anymore of their bumpers, not one of the 3 I have purchased has lasted more than a month. Their wing mounts for the 6s line are a joke. I've broken 2 of their a arms over the years the first I know how it broke(WOT into a water shutoff valve) the second I have no idea how it broke as I was driving the car around a track and didn't even nose dive or wreck, it was just cracked after 1 pack around the track.

Their axle carriers for the Ecx 2wd lineup are like the Traxxas ones and not much better than stock, in some cases they are worse because the plastic is too soft so the screws don't stay in. I was always told not to buy the ones for the Revo/Summit/T/Emaxx from Rpm because the stock ones were better, again the plastic is too soft and the pillow balls pull out all of the time, I was told either stock or aluminum.

So anyone with a Notorious or Outcast 6s knows that the stock front bumper is just a place they designed to hold a cool license plate sticker. Gotta change it right away. I went T Bone first, but not an Outcast version. They have way better designs for the Kraton, so I opted for one. Issue #1, the bodies of the Outcast and Noto hang low in the front, so expect excessive body damage when using the Kraton styles. The XV4 2.0 held up pretty well, as long as you have a dozen spare braces in the box. Run with a broken brace, and the bumper snaps like a twig. Did I mention that the T Bone tears out screws from under the truck? Great warranty right? They sent me the wrong bumper once, so I threw it on anyways. This was a proper Outcast basher bumper, and it snapped almost immediately. Warm spring day and typical abuse. Fast forward to June and a new RPM bumper. Dum de dum, nothing to see here, just a Notorious that's been bashed hard and still has it's bumper completely intact, not a single loose screw and a happy customer. If it breaks, it's waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper to replace and is usually in stock at the lhs. Oh yeah, did I mention that T Bone is almost invisible in the lhs market here in Toronto? Online only and extra shipping, no thanks. Now when it starts to get cold again, this story might take a turn, but for good weather bashing, I'm sticking with the RPM. Not sure how many more glasses of Kool Aid I can drink before I'm drowning:p

As a background I purchased my Outcast in August 2017, I put the Rpm bumper on my Outcast in November 2017. 2 weeks later on a nice 65* day it snapped in half. I put the original Outcast bumper back on and ran it until June of 2018 then it broke when I was trying to clear a birdbath, also bent one of my Tekno shock shafts ? So I purchased a T-Bone Racing bumper and it lasted until December when I tried to do a backflip over the sign at the BMX track and hit the sign. Maybe I should have bought another stock bumper lol.

Last edited:
I don't think I will buy anymore of their bumpers, not one of the 3 I have purchased has lasted more than a month. Their wing mounts for the 6s line are a joke. I've broken 2 of their a arms over the years the first I know how it broke(WOT into a water shutoff valve) the second I have no idea how it broke as I was driving the car around a track and didn't even nose dive or wreck, it was just cracked after 1 pack around the track.

As a background I purchased my Outcast in August 2017, I put the Rpm bumper on my Outcast in November 2017. 2 weeks later on a nice 65* day it snapped in half. I put the original Outcast bumper back on and ran it until June of 2018 then it broke when I was trying to clear a birdbath, also bent one of my Tekno shock shafts ? So I purchased a T-Bone Racing bumper and it lasted until December when I tried to do a backflip over the sign at the BMX track and hit the sign. Maybe I should have bought another stock bumper lol.
Guess the air in SD is different than here in Toronto cause we are having completely opposite results. Whatever works I guess

I have that bumper on my Kraton for a year now and my notorious since I got it in September. You have all seen my videos and how many times I've put it nose first into the ground. The bumper is rock solid but maybe because I don't bash in the Antarctic like slick does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back