Outcast RPM Bumper !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have bought two RPM front bumpers and I've run one for over a year and the other will be a year in Sept. Brighter have broke and I have beat the snot out of them.....even in the winter. Lucky? Maybe, but I am pleased.
Nylons are pretty good in the cold.(y)
10-4. I doubt I'd warranty anyway and certainly wouldn't ask if it were a worn out component.
Jacob at TBR said that most people are trying to warranty worn out bumpers with much use on them. He said they were very generous in the beginning, since bumpers etc are such wearable items and all that they were offsetting sales too much and had to revamp the warranty. They still are expensive. If I broke a Tbone front bumper, I would try the RPM too, next.

Last edited:
TBR's nylon don't have enough give for bumpers. That's why they will always snap under pressure. The Typhon bumpers are the worst examples, a single unreinforced piece bent upwards, just ready to break at the bend. I like my bumpers being able to disperse an impact before delivering the force straight into the chassis & bulkheads. RPM does the job a bit better, but I still found myself boiling the Kraton bumper so it would have more flex.
Boiling is a very old trick that works. Except in one scenario. If you boil and impregnate moisture into nylons or plastics, and you run them in freezing temps. They shatter real easy. I discovered this a long time ago not realizing why, and then read about that in an RC magazine some years ago. I would boil/dye Associated parts that were molded in white to color them. My control arms would crack so easily in cold temps.
I imagine whether boiled or not freezing temps will shatter any plastic for the most part.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back