Kraton RPM Front bumper for V4 Kraton - straight bolt on or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eastwolf1228

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all,
Finally there is some kind soul on ebay that is offering free shipping to the Southern Hemisphere! I need to decide pretty quick so I need you help please.
Facebook has mixed messages; some are saying it attaches directly with nothing else required, others are saying you need to buy a V1-2 Arrma bumper or a Hot Racing one first to hold the hinge pins in before attaching the RPM bumper.

Can anyone with a V4 please give me a definitive answer before I Buy Now? ;)
Much appreciated.

Attachments

• 81472.jpg
    81472.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 44
Hi all,
Finally there is some kind soul on ebay that is offering free shipping to the Southern Hemisphere! I need to decide pretty quick so I need you help please.
Facebook has mixed messages; some are saying it attaches directly with nothing else required, others are saying you need to buy a V1-2 Arrma bumper or a Hot Racing one first to hold the hinge pins in before attaching the RPM bumper.

Much appreciated.
Yes it bolts straight on. I would recommend a front hing pin support from either M2C, voltage hobby, justbashitrc etc... Reason being there are reports of a hard hit on the front with stock v4 bumper attached that the stock bumper will sheer off. I currently have one (RPM front bumper on my on my rig) and love it! ????

I too use this bumper on a v4 (Talion) directly on. FYI it comes with longer screws so don't accidentally reuse the stock ones they won't be long enough for proper purchase into the bottom of the diff. I mostly track bash and even so I still love the bumper because it helps you slide over things instead of straight bumping off them. If you can find an rpm rear skid I'd recommend that was well. The rear takes more scrapes on landings than the front and by replacing the rear skid about every two months you prevent the rear screws from getting ground down and stripped out. The front I haven't had to replace yet.

I too use this bumper on a v4 (Talion) directly on. FYI it comes with longer screws so don't accidentally reuse the stock ones they won't be long enough for proper purchase into the bottom of the diff. I mostly track bash and even so I still love the bumper because it helps you slide over things instead of straight bumping off them. If you can find an rpm rear skid I'd recommend that was well. The rear takes more scrapes on landings than the front and by replacing the rear skid about every two months you prevent the rear screws from getting ground down and stripped out. The front I haven't had to replace yet.
Got the rear skid too?

Hi all,

Much appreciated.
Bolts on, add the Talion front bumper first, all done and Bob's your uncle. Well maybe he's not, but he wishes he was because you have an Arrma.

Bolts on, add the Talion front bumper first, all done and Bob's your uncle. Well maybe he's not, but he wishes he was because you have an Arrma.
Hmmmm so you're saying it bolts right on, BUT it doesn't bolt right on without a Talion bumper?

I just want to buy something that literally bolts on without anything else, even a Talion bumper. ... Shipping to here costs more than the actual part so I'm keen to just get one part and be done with it (if possible). Others above are saying that I DON'T need anything else, but you are. So just to confirm: you're saying that if I want to buy the RPM bumper for my V4 Kraton, I must also buy a Talion front bumper?
If you can find an rpm rear skid I'd recommend that was well.
Thank you, I actually have received this part already... I bought both front and rear from eBay for my mule to collect for me from California, but only the rear turned up?

Hmmmm so you're saying it bolts right on, BUT it doesn't bolt right on without a Talion bumper?

I just want to buy something that literally bolts on without anything else, even a Talion bumper. ... Shipping to here costs more than the actual part so I'm keen to just get one part and be done with it (if possible). Others above are saying that I DON'T need anything else, but you are. So just to confirm: you're saying that if I want to buy the RPM bumper for my V4 Kraton, I must also buy a Talion front bumper?

Thank you, I actually have received this part already... I bought both front and rear from eBay for my mule to collect for me from California, but only the rear turned up?
The small bumper is to hold the hinge pins in. It's a necessity. I'm not positive but the Kraton bumper might still work

The reason people are recommending the Talion bumper is because it's smaller than the Kraton bumper. Supposedly the larger Kraton stock bumper can act as a lever for the rpm bumper in impacts causing the rpm bumper to break off the screws holding it in place and then you get to play the screw extractor game with the 4 bolts that go into the diff. I know some people that just straight remove the Kraton bumper and add the rpm bumper and call it a day but I personally would be worried about the hinge pins wiggling forward without something to retain them.

The reason people are recommending the Talion bumper is because it's smaller than the Kraton bumper
Hey, thanks for clarifying for me. So it sounds like the RPM product *can* go over the stock V4 bumper but is risky in the event of a nose dart etc. I generally don't jump my rig, so this should be alright? I'd take a Talion/Typhon bumper but I'm not paying 200% for international shipping.

I don't have a v4 Kraton so I'm not sure about the following idea; but could you just Dremel down the stock bumper so it's still able to hold in the hinge pins but won't lever the rpm bumper?

I don't have a v4 Kraton so I'm not sure about the following idea; but could you just Dremel down the stock bumper so it's still able to hold in the hinge pins but won't lever the rpm bumper?
ahhhhh, sigh~, I tried to make it pretty clear "Can anyone with a V4 please give me a definitive answer before I Buy Now? "..

I'll just sit back and wait.
OP here:

from their official website:
Version Notes: If you own a V3 or newer Kraton running a #AR320432 front bumper, you will need to swap it with the front bumper / hinge pin retainer from #AR330230 before our bumper will work on your truck.

Can't argue with what they recommend. Oh well, looks like massive shipping costs are unavoidable for me in this part of the world.

Last edited:
ahhhhh, sigh~, I tried to make it pretty clear "Can anyone with a V4 please give me a definitive answer before I Buy Now? "..

OP here:

Version Notes: If you own a V3 or newer Kraton running a #AR320432 front bumper, you will need to swap it with the front bumper / hinge pin retainer from #AR330230 before our bumper will work on your truck.

Can't argue with what they recommend. Oh well, looks like massive shipping costs are unavoidable for me in this part of the world.
Just watched a video and it seems the answer is no. The bumper was designed around V2, but

OP here:

Sorry, hit post to quickly.
Just watched a video and it seems the answer is no. The bumper was designed around V2, and they changed them from V3 forward. Talion bumper seems to be the universal choice when adding the RPM bumper.

Just watched a video and it seems the answer is no. The bumper was designed around V2, but

Sorry, hit post to quickly.
Just watched a video and it seems the answer is no. The bumper was designed around V2, and they changed them from V3 forward. Talion bumper seems to be the universal choice when adding the RPM bumper.
Thanks Notorious. I saw the same video just earlier probably from the RPM website. Agree... It's a cheap bolt on for V1&2 otherwise it will require an additional part (plus shipping)

Thanks Notorious. I saw the same video just earlier probably from the RPM website. Agree... It's a cheap bolt on for V1&2 otherwise it will require an additional part (plus shipping)
I have a Talion bumper I can send to you for free. I really think you would like that RPM bumper.

Hi all,

Much appreciated.
I have the v4 Kraton with that bumper and just dermeled the tab off the back part so it lines up with the chassis edge. Screwed the two in the front to hold the pins in and screwed the bumper to the bottom. Works great no problems yet. Hope these Picts help.

Attachments

• 8DDE48B2-B862-4DEC-93B0-047FFC301A9E.jpeg
    8DDE48B2-B862-4DEC-93B0-047FFC301A9E.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 1AC4F8B4-96FD-41C3-A12A-EAF258C7A379.jpeg
    1AC4F8B4-96FD-41C3-A12A-EAF258C7A379.jpeg
    281.2 KB · Views: 72
  • BC85EA61-2504-4B2C-9496-7F4A73F1B542.jpeg
    BC85EA61-2504-4B2C-9496-7F4A73F1B542.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 72
I have a Talion bumper I can send to you for free. I really think you would like that RPM bumper.
Hi Notorious - that's very generous of you. I would love one but check out shipping costs to Auckland, New Zealand first please - I'm happy to pay you somehow. Yes, I'm keener on this than the snow plough TBR one.

I have the rpm front bumper on my V4 Kraton. It fits perfectly and sounds like everyone above has it covered, but if plan on leaving the stock V4 bumper on I used some longer bolts for the front two. If it helps thou that front bumper bent and ended up with the smaller V3 bumper and it works great. Bash on ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back