Kraton RPM Front Bumper Question for Kraton V4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanminded

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just confirming I need to order COMPOSITE BALL CUPS #AR330230 in order to run an RPM Front bumper on my Kraton 6s V4? After reading different posts it seems you can bolt bumper on directly without the mod or is it better to buy a Talion bumper and if so do you know the part #? I originally wanted the bumper from T-Bone Racing but they are out of stock.

I think the only way we can get the Talion bumper is with that part number.
1586025005008.png

Last edited:
I confirm. It's the cheapest and cleanest way to fit a RPM bumper on a V4 Kraton while ensuring the suspension pins stays in place. That's what I did.

You will also note that you *can* bolt the RPM bumper on top of the stock bumper, but this will force the RPM bumper to bend, which will put a lot of stress on the bolts and potentially create a lot of problems you don't want to have.

I guess some dremel action to modify the stock Kraton bumper could work also.

Thanks for the info. For such a popular truck you would think RPM would just sell everything you need together to make it fit properly and just charge a few extra bucks.

If you know someone close to you with a 3D printer you could make one of these like I did. Nothing fancy but it works. Holds the pins in place. If you want I could print you one and ship it, but I’m in Canada so it would take at least a week to get there

Attachments

• EF70B479-AB46-4503-BD0F-9C0E9FBDD09B.jpeg
    EF70B479-AB46-4503-BD0F-9C0E9FBDD09B.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 76
Thanks for the info. For such a popular truck you would think RPM would just sell everything you need together to make it fit properly and just charge a few extra bucks.

The RPM bumper was a direct fit on the Kraton up to the V3. Arrma changed the bumper design on the Kraton V4.

If you know someone close to you with a 3D printer you could make one of these like I did. Nothing fancy but it works. Holds the pins in place. If you want I could print you one and ship it, but I’m in Canada so it would take at least a week to get there

Thanks for the offer. I’ll just order part or wait for T-Bone Racing to come back in stock.

Just confirming I need to order COMPOSITE BALL CUPS #AR330230 in order to run an RPM Front bumper on my Kraton 6s V4? After reading different posts it seems you can bolt bumper on directly without the mod or is it better to buy a Talion bumper and if so do you know the part #? I originally wanted the bumper from T-Bone Racing but they are out of stock.
Tbone bumper seems to add weight to the front that makes the truck unbalanced in air during jumps .. think about that..

..or you can simply DIY some stuff. Of course you can always spend more money. Leftover aluminium, lexan or some other plastic works.
I have some extra washers in between my aluminum strip and the original holder to get some added spacing for the pins, they do protude a little.

20200106_175804.jpg

Tbone bumper seems to add weight to the front that makes the truck unbalanced in air during jumps .. think about that..

I was able to order the T-Bone bumper but also have the RPM one on order as well which I was going to return. Do you recommend the RPM one over T-Bone or should I keep both?

I have both. RPM looks better on Kraton and t-bone on Talion but that is pure personal preference, it's mainly the looks, they both work as designed.
Added weight is negligible and and preventing damage outweighs any drawbacks by a longshot.

What I did was cut off the bottom lug of my V4 bumper, bolted it to the alloy strip then bolted the RPM underneath. I haven't driven the truck yet but I'm hoping that the original bumper gives a bit more support to the RPM bumper.
Or I'm thinking that the V4 bumper may be sticking out too much and may bend up and strip the 2 front bolts out under a hard hit.
I guess I'll just have to bash and see.

Attachments

• Img_4458.jpg
    Img_4458.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Img_4450.jpg
    Img_4450.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Img_4459.jpg
    Img_4459.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Img_4448.jpg
    Img_4448.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 55
Time will tell, you have a long lever arm acting on that short bumper and that can be a killer. Worth a try though.
I wouldn't be worried about either bumper but the screws stripping out of the diff housing on impact, that gets expensive quickly.

The only thing you truly need to achieve is to hold the pins in place. The RPM bumper will do the rest and haven't heard of anyone damaging it.
Good to see some fresh ideas. Who knows, might be the best ever!(y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back