Rpm new arms install why does the shock pin ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
So I just put the new rpm from arms and when I go put the shocks in I run into the pin being too long it’s that how it goes I’m sure not but 2 hours wrenching I’m tired 😴

image.jpg

image.jpg

Because Arrma changed the arms for V5's and longer lower shock pins were used. You need the older V4 shorter pins. You can use what you have there. Just that the pins will stick out at the front when the set screw locks in the pin. Shock will still be secure.
RPM never updated their arms for V5. left them as V4's. (using short lower pins)
There was an old thread discussing this.

Last edited:
Because Arrma changed the arms for V5's and longer lower shock pins were used. You need the older V4 shorter pins. You can use what you have there. Just that the pins will stick out at the front when the set screw locks in the pin. Shock will still be secure.
RPM never updated their arms for V5. left them as V4's. (using short lower pins)
There was an old thread discussing this.
I’m like here we go again with rpm and parts not being bolt on no add ons. So it ok that they stick I was worried I about them falling out .
Another thing I’m getting a bind somewhere in my drive line. it’s chewed out to front 2 differential ring gears what do you think . I put a new differential and it runs and binds from time to time .

Can't fall out if the set screw is in place. The pin will just be sticking out a few mm. That's all.(y)(y):giggle:
Or just buy a set of short V4 lower shock pins at your leisure, if it matters much to you. Your call.:cool:
May look awkward to you at first.:LOL:

Last edited:
Can't fall out if the set screw is in place. The pin will just be sticking out a few mm. That's all.(y)(y):giggle:
Or just buy a set of short V4 lower shock pins at your leisure, if it matters much to you. Your call.:cool:
May look awkward to you at first.:LOL:
Can the input gear cause binding?

^^^
@PshmokN’EM887
What???:rolleyes:
I don't know what you mean????:unsure: That is a given.....
U R Pulling my leg for sure.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

With the longer pin you have there, just pull out the pin enough so the locking set screw screws into the recess of the pin. Like with any other lower shock pin. The pin will just stick out more, but will stay in place no issue. Not tragic.
Or just use 2 shorter V4 pins for these RPM V4 arms.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR330231

Last edited:
The locking set screw needs to screw into this pin recess. Pull the pin out a bit to make this happen. If you just bottom out the pin, the screw will never catch the pin's locking recess and will slide out no matter how tight the set screw is. Careful, set screw will probably strip into the RPM Arm. RPM Nylons are rather soft and flexible and Strip out easily.
Hopefully you boiled your RPM Arms in boiling water for 10 -15 minutes first before installing them. They will become indestructible and never ever break again. Just kidding. Everything can break. :LOL:Just that RPM Nylons last longer when boiled. Becoming more flexible than being brittle and cracking.
I think you got this dude.:LOL:

InkedRPM arm Pin_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back