Notorious RPM or m2c skid plates?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahul5454

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 6s
Anyone with any experience on the m2c skid plates for the rear and front for the notorious? I am reading some comments that metal is not the way to go and it gets eaten up really quick. Any advise? Thanks.

M2C and other metal ones look nice, for a run or two... haha. but in my opinion I like the rpm just as well maybe better. Ever been cut by a ground down metal skid plate?? Not fun haha. My vote gets rpm.

@rahul5454- I use the T-bone front bumper and a rear skid plate on my 6s Notorious!
chassis Notorious .jpeg

I use RPM bumper on the front, t-bone on the rear. I tried one of the M2C plates on the rear, but it didn't last that long at my skate park. Would hold up fine in grass or dirt. My skate park has very rough faces to the jumps and when you hit them, it's like taking a belt sander to the front/rear of the chassis as they drag up the face.

I've been making my own plates out of titanium recently. Prior to that, I was using 1/8" steel stock I'd pick up at lowes. I just make little wear bars to go where the contact happens. The bumpers/skids are more for the front or rear, not for the bottom. My wear bears protect the skids from getting ground up.

This was a year ago when I installed the M2C chassis and rear skid plate cover:
2019-0907-Outcast-M2C-Chassis-Bottom.jpg

It's now ground down flush with the screws and I only ran it a handful of times at the skate park since then. Most of the running was at a grass bmx track. I bought some more titanium stock off ebay to make new ones for it when the time comes. Doesn't need to be pretty... just something to protect it against wear. Also helps on the front from the RPM bumper ripping the bolt heads through the bumper as well, which has a tendency to happen.

M2C and other metal ones look nice, for a run or two... haha. but in my opinion I like the rpm just as well maybe better. Ever been cut by a ground down metal skid plate?? Not fun haha. My vote gets rpm.
I use the rear tbone bumper. Any idea if the rpm skid plate fit onto it?

Anyone with any experience on the m2c skid plates for the rear and front for the notorious? I am reading some comments that metal is not the way to go and it gets eaten up really quick. Any advise? Thanks.
I've tried both, and neither lasts very long. I ordered some Hot Racing ones recently, and will review once they arrive. M2C are decent, but too soft for concrete and asphalt bashing. RPM are a better price point, but have to be replaced more often. Hot Racing were recommended by someone here on the forum, as they are steel, not aluminum. Hoping they have better life. As a different option, I've been re purposing old T Bone bumpers as skid plates. The material is much more dense than the RPM plastic, and as long as you use the screw head spacers between the plate and the chassis, they hold up very well. Kind of expensive way to go, but since they replace stuff under warranty, I figured why let the broken stuff go to waste.
I use the rear tbone bumper. Any idea if the rpm skid plate fit onto it?
A T Bone bumper comes with it's own skid. Why do you need another?

I've tried both, and neither lasts very long. I ordered some Hot Racing ones recently, and will review once they arrive. M2C are decent, but too soft for concrete and asphalt bashing. RPM are a better price point, but have to be replaced more often. Hot Racing were recommended by someone here on the forum, as they are steel, not aluminum. Hoping they have better life. As a different option, I've been re purposing old T Bone bumpers as skid plates. The material is much more dense than the RPM plastic, and as long as you use the screw head spacers between the plate and the chassis, they hold up very well. Kind of expensive way to go, but since they replace stuff under warranty, I figured why let the broken stuff go to waste.

@Notorious J - That's my point!

Anyone try a block of HDPE? Seems like it would make for a decent skid. If you take an old butcher board or even a full sheet from a hardware store you could make yourself quite a few for very little money ??‍♂️

A full sheet of HDPE cost me $50 at Menards and you could make hundreds of them from a 4’x8’ sheet.

Anyone try a block of HDPE? Seems like it would make for a decent skid. If you take an old butcher board or even a full sheet from a hardware store you could make yourself quite a few for very little money ??‍♂️

A full sheet of HDPE cost me $50 at Menards and you could make hundreds of them from a 4’x8’ sheet.
But...... work... lol

O

Okay cool. On the m2c website it mentioned that their skid plate went on top of the tbone bumper front and rear so I assumed that this was additional protection to the chassis.

I would think a CNC could make quick work of this. You’d have to do the tooling once and hit go. Not a very difficult job I would think.
I really do want to make RC parts... I’d love to supply the community with them at cheap prices. Just recently started to look into it actually. Really seems like it would be fun to do. Just don’t have the funding for startup??‍♂️ Story of my life ??

I really do want to make RC parts... I’d love to supply the community with them at cheap prices. Just recently started to look into it actually. Really seems like it would be fun to do. Just don’t have the funding for startup??‍♂️ Story of my life ??
I don’t have the space right now. Working on that tho as soon as the market tanks again.

What's a Menard? Interested in high density plastics...

It’s basically a Home Depot or Lowe’s with the redneck turned up to 20 ??

https://www.menards.com

View attachment 100166
Gotcha. One of the drawbacks to living the suburban life is we don't get all the redneck bells and whistles. Our Walmart doesn't even carry rifles! :eek:

Yet if I drive two hours out of Dallas in any direction (but east) I can buy an arsenal at a Walmart...need consistency and large sheets of high density plastics!

Last edited:
Gotcha. One of the drawbacks to living the suburban life is we don't get all the redneck bells and whistles. Our Walmart doesn't even carry rifles! :eek:

Yet if I drive two hours out of Dallas in any direction (but west) I can buy an arsenal at a Walmart...need consistency and large sheets of high density plastics!
I would have assumed Menards was a southern based business but it seems to be Midwest based

BD657314-1288-4C98-9068-656B9632325D.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back