Kraton RPM or T Bone front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@bicketybam I did try their T2T. It mounts to the shock towers. You have to have stock shock towers or the mounting brackets will not work, since they are molded around the stock tower. When I first mounted it I had to push the front tower towards the rear tower to make it sit flush against the towers. The screws had so much tension on them.. when I took them out to access my center diff (Have to remove T2T to get to it) and put them back in the holes, both the front and rear screw holes in the mounting brackets were stripped. Just from screwing them out. I did everything by hand too so I knew I wasn't going to over torque them with the drill.

Anyways, I Jerry rigged the mount so I was able to get the T2T back on (had to shove the towers toward each other again like the first time). Well.. the screws were so tight when I had to take it off again that the hexes on the screw stripped out, and I use MIP drivers - Tbone screws are awful.

Long story short, I run without the T2T now. I am out almost $100 on plastic trash. I now run voltage hobby F&R shock towers (went through like 4 stock rear towers) so I can't use the Tbone T2T even if for some god awful reason I wanted to. . . I figure I will bite the bullet when my stock chassis bends to the point of not being able to run and purchase the M2C chassis.

@bicketybam I did try their T2T. It mounts to the shock towers. You have to have stock shock towers or the mounting brackets will not work, since they are molded around the stock tower. When I first mounted it I had to push the front tower towards the rear tower to make it sit flush against the towers. The screws had so much tension on them.. when I took them out to access my center diff (Have to remove T2T to get to it) and put them back in the holes, both the front and rear screw holes in the mounting brackets were stripped. Just from screwing them out. I did everything by hand too so I knew I wasn't going to over torque them with the drill.

Anyways, I Jerry rigged the mount so I was able to get the T2T back on (had to shove the towers toward each other again like the first time). Well.. the screws were so tight when I had to take it off again that the hexes on the screw stripped out, and I use MIP drivers - Tbone screws are awful.

Long story short, I run without the T2T now. I am out almost $100 on plastic trash. I now run voltage hobby F&R shock towers (went through like 4 stock rear towers) so I can't use the Tbone T2T even if for some god awful reason I wanted to. . . I figure I will bite the bullet when my stock chassis bends to the point of not being able to run and purchase the M2C chassis.

Sounds about right, lol! That brace was almost $100??? Dear God. You are getting close to M2C territory at that point. With the new Arrma's having a top brace, T-bone is going to be sitting in a lot of plastic braces ?

Hearing you re the front screws.
Sadly bumpers are one area in the trucks where I just don’t see a good option. Sometimes I think it is more about going with option that has the problems you’re more willing to accept

@bicketybam bumper plus T2T was around $100, even with the new arrma brace I'm sure it would still take them 3 weeks to get it to someone.
Now @bicketybam knows that I usually come to the rescue for T Bone in situations like this, but not this time. Here's the problem. Some of their products are great, some good, and some are just sh!t. The crap shoot of what you are going to get is just that, a roll of the dice. In their defense, they warranty every product for life. In opposition, what good is it if you can only use it once or twice before having to wait weeks, or in some cases longer, to get a part that you now need to keep your truck going. RPM offers great products, and in many cases even better. Their problem is the warranty, good luck with that. But as my good buddy @bicketybam tells me all the time, why should plastic parts that are designed to protect the rest of your vehicle from being damaged, be warrantied for getting damaged themselves? You break it, you buy a new one. No waiting. Now I'm heavily invested in bumpers with T Bone right now, so I have to stick with them until the waiting game makes me switch over. I had been waiting a month for some braces and a replacement bumper. When the package arrived, it was the wrong bumper. I ended up using the wrong bumper anyways, and it didn't make it through one pack :(. Even worse, some of the braces I "bought" were for the bumper I was waiting for. On the other hand, the T Bone wheelie bar I use seems indestructible. I didn't use the hardware they shipped with it though, because of a warning I read about here on the forum. So I'm 50/50 in my love/hate relationship with them, but if they don't smarten up, my love affair might soon come to an end, and I might be trying to figure out how to get some of those great POS parts that all our UK friends keep raving about. Ok, maybe I'll have a fling with RPM, but she's the smart, less attractive girl waiting in the wings.

Now @bicketybam knows that I usually come to the rescue for T Bone in situations like this, but not this time. Here's the problem. Some of their products are great, some good, and some are just sh!t. The crap shoot of what you are going to get is just that, a roll of the dice. In their defense, they warranty every product for life. In opposition, what good is it if you can only use it once or twice before having to wait weeks, or in some cases longer, to get a part that you now need to keep your truck going. RPM offers great products, and in many cases even better. Their problem is the warranty, good luck with that. But as my good buddy @bicketybam tells me all the time, why should plastic parts that are designed to protect the rest of your vehicle from being damaged, be warrantied for getting damaged themselves? You break it, you buy a new one. No waiting. Now I'm heavily invested in bumpers with T Bone right now, so I have to stick with them until the waiting game makes me switch over. I had been waiting a month for some braces and a replacement bumper. When the package arrived, it was the wrong bumper. I ended up using the wrong bumper anyways, and it didn't make it through one pack :(. Even worse, some of the braces I "bought" were for the bumper I was waiting for. On the other hand, the T Bone wheelie bar I use seems indestructible. I didn't use the hardware they shipped with it though, because of a warning I read about here on the forum. So I'm 50/50 in my love/hate relationship with them, but if they don't smarten up, my love affair might soon come to an end, and I might be trying to figure out how to get some of those great POS parts that all our UK friends keep raving about. Ok, maybe I'll have a fling with RPM, but she's the smart, less attractive girl waiting in the wings.

Good evening Noto J,

I am like 5 beers deep so my rants are even better. I had a similar situation with their warranty on my BRCC. I demolished their questionable hinge pin block. I emailed them and asked for a new one. In total, their warranty service took 4 days from email to replacement part at my door. But, they also sent the wrong part. I was pretty pissed off when they sent me something that wasn't a direct replacement. However, I was able to fix it by heavily shimming the hinge pin block (I had to get creative with a bag of extra screws from Jennys) to cover the hinge pins. The replacement they sent me functions better than the original. . .At least two runs deep of constant double backflips.

Attachments

• E6594710-B69A-4530-9D46-3354ABCB177B.jpeg
    E6594710-B69A-4530-9D46-3354ABCB177B.jpeg
    165 KB · Views: 55
  • E471DF25-6A75-496A-8D3B-72A333578A30.jpeg
    E471DF25-6A75-496A-8D3B-72A333578A30.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 55
Good evening Noto J,

I am like 5 beers deep so my rants are even better. I had a similar situation with their warranty on my BRCC. I demolished their questionable hinge pin block. I emailed them and asked for a new one. In total, their warranty service took 4 days from email to replacement part at my door. But, they also sent the wrong part. I was pretty pissed off when they sent me something that wasn't a direct replacement. However, I was able to fix it by heavily shimming the hinge pin block (I had to get creative with a bag of extra screws from Jennys) to cover the hinge pins. The replacement they sent me functions better than the original. . .At least two runs deep of constant double backflips.
This is why we can still call it a hobby! In fairness, the mistakes shouldn't happen, as many people aren't as capable as yourself. Thank heavens for that extra set of Jennys screws though! Not sure I could survive without them.
Good evening Noto J,

Apologies. I forgot to say cheers!?

I've got the T bone T2T and having it does come with sacrifices. I had to Dremel it before even putting it in and a couple screws started stripping shortly after. I upped the screw size on the rear twice already. Taking the center diff out requires the T2T to be removed but having the V4 motor mount has been a savior for changing pinions.

Has it kept my chassis straight? Yes.
Would I buy it again? No.

After I upgrade to the m2c chassis I'll throw that T2T in the trash and be happy about it. For now though, I'll deal with it.

I've got the T bone T2T and having it does come with sacrifices. I had to Dremel it before even putting it in and a couple screws started stripping shortly after. I upped the screw size on the rear twice already. Taking the center diff out requires the T2T to be removed but having the V4 motor mount has been a savior for changing pinions.

Has it kept my chassis straight? Yes.
Would I buy it again? No.

After I upgrade to the m2c chassis I'll throw that T2T in the trash and be happy about it. For now though, I'll deal with it.

Exactly how I feel.

@Notorious J cheers to you sir, my wallet is crying though lol.

I'm about 8 shots into the evening, so I'll post my most recent front bumper destruction.

TBone Typhon bumper on my Outcast with the front 2 screws pulled through.
IMG_0069.JPG

I did the same thing to the stock bumper and 1 RPM bumper over the course of a year.

IMG_0093.JPG

IMO the tbone and rpm are close in durability with the rpm looking more refined while the tbone wears the "raw basher" look a little better than the rpm.

I already had a spare TBone Typhon bumper so that's what's back on the Outcast at the moment.

IMG_0094.JPG

My Talion V3 is still sporting the TBone XV4 2.0 installed Dec '18, after having to redrill 2 of holes in order to get it to fit properly. Still going strong though.
IMG_0095.JPG

I'll be purchasing a another new TBone Typhon bumper along with a new RPM bumper to have for spares in the next few days.

It's about time for the Talion to get a complete tear down for cleaning, maintenance and a M2C chassis upgrade so I may switch things up and put an rpm front bumper on it for awhile

I'm about 8 shots into the evening, so I'll post my most recent front bumper destruction.

View attachment 39627

I did the same thing to the stock bumper and 1 RPM bumper over the course of a year.

View attachment 39633

IMO the tbone and rpm are close in durability with the rpm looking more refined while the tbone wears the "raw basher" look a little better than the rpm.

I already had a spare TBone Typhon bumper so that's what's back on the Outcast at the moment.

View attachment 39629

My Talion V3 is still sporting the TBone XV4 2.0 installed Dec '18, after having to redrill 2 of holes in order to get it to fit properly. Still going strong though.
View attachment 39632

I'll be purchasing a another new TBone Typhon bumper along with a new RPM bumper to have for spares in the next few days.

It's about time for the Talion to get a complete tear down for cleaning, maintenance and a M2C chassis upgrade so I may switch things up and put an rpm front bumper on it for awhile

Cheers to #6

Excellent post Duke man. I really wish I would've gotten the same wear out of the tbone stuff I bought. I may order the tbone typhon bumper since it is cheap and it looks it sticks out enough to protect my front end on the V3 Kraton. The only issue that I have with the stock Kraton bumper is dirt getting jammed in the holes at the bottom of the stock bumper.

Attachments

• 467265A9-3CE2-499C-BD10-DACEC27B39BB.jpeg
    467265A9-3CE2-499C-BD10-DACEC27B39BB.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 56
  • 8108E7EB-3479-4949-8E70-A50D92A7FDDA.jpeg
    8108E7EB-3479-4949-8E70-A50D92A7FDDA.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 51
Ok, I'm in. Here's what's left of an assortment of TBone front bumpers. Note, I never ordered anything red, it's what I received on warranty replacements. Good news is, the left over pieces make great skid plates like the one you see on the truck. Oh T Bone, I've been there for you since day one..........

Attachments

• 20190529_224222.jpg
    20190529_224222.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20190529_224051.jpg
    20190529_224051.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 57
Neither, both are designed wrong.
The Rpm bumper just attaches on the bottom of the truck so any time you hit nose first it turns into a shovel and snaps off right at the front of the vehicle.
View attachment 34893

The T-bone Racing one has an upper support however it bolts to the gearbox case but it can strip out the holes in the gearbox case, the screws going into the bottom pull through the bumper and the top brace likes to pull out screws or break.
View attachment 34894

Get the POS Racing V3 front bumper It is a much better design. https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/bumper/arrma/
Ship to US?
Tbone front and rear work for me View attachment 34964
Did you paint those rims red?

Ok, I'm in. Here's what's left of an assortment of TBone front bumpers. Note, I never ordered anything red, it's what I received on warranty replacements. Good news is, the left over pieces make great skid plates like the one you see on the truck. Oh T Bone, I've been there for you since day one..........
As someone who can appreciate the effort that goes into destroying parts, I applaud your dedication to the cause J ???

As someone who can appreciate the effort that goes into destroying parts, I applaud your dedication to the cause J ???
Thank you Mr Duke. I consider it a well honed craft, and only a few could where the coveted "ring of wrecking" that is worn by our members. To the trees we go!

View attachment 39627

View attachment 39633

View attachment 39629

View attachment 39632

MrDuke, I might have a solution to the screws pulling thru. I take a 4mm flat head chassis screw and either put threaded part in the vise on a drill press or chuck it in the lathe and drill through the head with a #20 drill. the head breaks off the screw and stays on the drill. You are left with just the flat head and no screw. make up 4 of those and stick them in the countersinks in the chassis and screw your t bone on over it. Now the plastic has some support behind it. I haven't pulled any out since I've done this. Can't post pics atm because I'm at work but I think you get the idea.

Hi @Dakota. The design shown here has been modified. The new @T-Bone Racing bumpers do not attach to the dif case anymore. The new design is much better. Check the XV4 2.0 ones for the Kraton. Good looking and solid protection. I put the Kraton one on my Notorious and it's a lifesaver. The brace attaches to a separate block bolted to where your hinge pins are. Great warranty and customer service as well.
WTH is that black fabric thing wrapped around your tower??? LOL. ;)
Tbone front and rear work for me View attachment 34964
Damn that looks sexy in Red like that!
I've had nothing but good luck just running the Typhon 6s T-bone bumper on all my rigs. Just enough protection without snagging dirt or breaking off. If you heat them and bend them slightly upward, You won't shovel either. They work great! ?
I happen to have a spare set of the Typhon ones. Think I'll just throw that on my outcast thank you very much.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back