Kraton RPM or T Bone front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also use the Typhon10007 front basher bumber on the Krate and OC. Like the looks better with its minimal size compared to the larger one.

I cant read all this

Is there any super good bumber now today ? = that is super durable
Need order them soon to one 2019 S6 Talion Truggy and also one 2019 S6 Outcast truck. Both is the latest versions As we speak here.
Something big and good that protects the front like awsome. Alot Backflips they must take some NOSE diving because of BEER sometimes.

I have RPM in other brand cars. Very happy with them.
If you are in Europe @hoonigan, you might want to check out https://www.pos-modellbau.de/shop/

Do you use basically the typhon rear on the rear and typhon front on the front? Any modifications needed or direct fit?
The front 10007 is a direct fit, no mod.
Don't use a rear so can't comment.

Do you use basically the typhon rear on the rear and typhon front on the front? Any modifications needed or direct fit?
Attached is what I use and it is a direct fit. Ignore that I still have the rubber block from the V4 bumper on. The only reason it is on is that I couldn't find my original little bumper at the time and have just never bothered to switch them around.

The front 10007 is a direct fit, no mod.
Don't use a rear so can't comment.
Attached is what I use and it is a direct fit. Ignore that I still have the rubber block from the V4 bumper on. The only reason it is on is that I couldn't find my original little bumper at the time and have just never bothered to switch them around.
View attachment 43919View attachment 43920

You know how the t-bone front bumpers for the kraton come with the brace, the Typhon ones do not. Doesn't that make it less durable?

Not at all the Tyhon bumper is very durable. I haven't hit anything head-on with it, however, some of my cartwheels have been spectacular! I also have the V4 Tbone bumper and while I think it is a cool looking bumper and offers a bunch of protection, they screw into the front bulkhead and flog out the holes that they screw into (the ones that go through the rubber block), to the degree that the front screws just start falling out. That is why I'm waiting to hear some longer-term reports on the HR all aluminium bulkheads. Arrma released the aluminium diff casings, I wish they would do the same for the bulkhead. GP have them as well but their stuff is hit and miss and for the price, I don't want to miss. If the aluminium bulkheads prove a success them I will probably buy at least one for the front and reinstall my V4 bumper.

Some people run the RPM bumpers but I don't find them to be quite as ridged as the Tbone ie there is more flex than I would like. The Tbone flexes which is good as it absorbs much of the impact, it's just the RPM flexes even more which is not to my liking. it is a personal choice thing again as many run the RPM and have had success. I have their A-arms and am very happy along with their wing mount, but for me Tbone is a better plastic for bumpers.

Not at all the Tyhon bumper is very durable. I haven't hit anything head-on with it, however, some of my cartwheels have been spectacular! I also have the V4 Tbone bumper and while I think it is a cool looking bumper and offers a bunch of protection, they screw into the front bulkhead and flog out the holes that they screw into (the ones that go through the rubber block), to the degree that the front screws just start falling out. That is why I'm waiting to hear some longer-term reports on the HR all aluminium bulkheads. Arrma released the aluminium diff casings, I wish they would do the same for the bulkhead. GP have them as well but their stuff is hit and miss and for the price, I don't want to miss. If the aluminium bulkheads prove a success them I will probably buy at least one for the front and reinstall my V4 bumper.

Some people run the RPM bumpers but I don't find them to be quite as ridged as the Tbone ie there is more flex than I would like. The Tbone flexes which is good as it absorbs much of the impact, it's just the RPM flexes even more which is not to my liking. it is a personal choice thing again as many run the RPM and have had success. I have their A-arms and am very happy along with their wing mount, but for me Tbone is a better plastic for bumpers.
Hmmm, i thought that with the design change of the 10074 front bumper mounting to the hinge pin block it would have solved the problems caused by mounting directly to the gearbox housing. Oh well, I'd rather destroy a bumper than my gearbox so I can see the appeal of just throwing the Typhon bumper on the Kraton that mounts only to the chassis.

I’m looking for a front bumper as well. I’d like something that’s a direct fit for the V4 Kraton. But I don’t want to break other parts other than the bumper in a crash. Anything has to be better than the non existent stock bumper.

I’m looking for a front bumper as well. I’d like something that’s a direct fit for the V4 Kraton. But I don’t want to break other parts other than the bumper in a crash. Anything has to be better than the non existent stock bumper.
T-bone bumper for the Typhon 6s is a direct fit. Super easy to install. I just installed it right on top of the stock bumper. No issues.
https://tboneracing.net/products/10007-tbr-1-8-basher-front-arrma-typhon-6s
Or this one. Either is fine :
https://tboneracing.net/collections/typhon/products/10054-tbr-bastion-front-bumper-arrma-typhon-6s

Last edited:
I got the t bone Typhon bastion bumper. Looks sweet and already took a few hits. But how do you keep the hinge pins from moving.

Attachments

• 154CBF4C-5E14-4158-B3B9-97B71FF8AC5A.jpeg
    154CBF4C-5E14-4158-B3B9-97B71FF8AC5A.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 2CC788CA-B2EC-4942-A04C-0C832C4C8FF6.jpeg
    2CC788CA-B2EC-4942-A04C-0C832C4C8FF6.jpeg
    221.1 KB · Views: 51
I left my stock bumper on
Can you break down how you used the stock bumper and the T-bone?
Would think double protection is good (that what she said) ?
Pics please..... And is yours a v3 Kraton? What version stock bumper?

Appreciate

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back