Kraton Rpm parts for arrma kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy90210

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Anyone else wish rpm made diff housings for our vehicles? I feel like that would be better than an aluminum one say from hot racing or something. I feel like if we got enough people interested they would make the part. What's everyones thoughts on this and what about the people running the hr one how does it hold up?

What is the main issue you're having with the stock one's, what is it that you want addressed? Will another type of plastic fix this?

Yeah breaking the ears off where the screws mount to for the turnbuckles and the tabs on top that the screws that go through the wing mount go into, they break off sometimes and I wouldn't mind spending 50 on the hot racing one if I knew they wouldn't bend easy but I bet they are just 6061 aluminum so not super tough

RPM likes using Nylon for one thing. That is their material of choice for 99% of what they mfr. Not good for a Diff housing at all. Diffs can run very hot. Nylon would not be a great material. I believe that the OE housing uses a metal sleeve in the molding process at the input gear/bearings. I don't feel RPM would duplicate or improve on that. Cust. support is not all that. RPM makes some stuff that is ok. However, I don't like to rely on them as an upgrade option. Have used so much of their stuff over the past 30 years. I learned that they are not the best alternative most of the time. Some of their stuff appears less breakable than OE. But because their Nylons are very pliable yet to the point that they can stretch out and that becomes an issue. Some parts need to be more rigid.
HR, produces some decent products, But I've had QC issues in the past. Cust supp. is not there. They denied a long drawn out claim process in the past that was an obvious QC issue. They blamed incorrect OE fit on the rig I was using it on.:((n) HR diff housing is expensive as an option in my opinion. An Al. diff house housing is costly to CNC, but may serve a purpose for some. I don't feel the need to use it though. But others may have experience to share. I would rather focus on metal diff cups.
If you are breaking ears, you may have to rethink how you run, and other related parts aside from the Housing/bulkhead. But breaking ears do happen I agree. Never with mine, at least yet.
Hard Delrin may be a good material to CNC. Got me thinking. :)

Last edited:
I agree with the stripped threads etc. I just haven't yet felt the need to spend $100.+ on 2 Al. housings yet.

Some good info! Makes sense to me , I don't bash hard probably jumped mine 20 feet a few times. Most of the time I run in my back yard and have a jump set up that gets me like 20 foot distance but maybe like 8 ft high. Just sometimes I land all messed up or hit the jump wrong and it's all over lol

I find myself also doing 20ft dist. and 8 ft high on average. I have that down. I would like more big air, but there are too many people at the parks where I go. Many onlookers watching, Just too dangerous though. I don't have Public liability Ins in effect. When I raced as a sanctioned member years back I did. It was a requirement.

The tower, diff case, and chassis brace need to be tied together with something other than the silly wing mount. I made these in my shop. Top is outcast bottom is kraton. They both are super tough with the oc being superior.
20190709_033116.jpg
20190402_020943.jpg

The tower, diff case, and chassis brace need to be tied together with something other than the silly wing mount. I made these in my shop. Top is outcast bottom is kraton. They both are super tough with the oc being superior.
View attachment 45991View attachment 45992
Looks clean! Nice job. M2c is supposed to be coming out with something similar but I have no idea how long until they make it. For now I've drilled the holes out on the diff case used longer screws and put a nut on the backside. Haven't ran it yet but seems like it's gonna help.

Looks clean! Nice job. M2c is supposed to be coming out with something similar but I have no idea how long until they make it. For now I've drilled the holes out on the diff case used longer screws and put a nut on the backside. Haven't ran it yet but seems like it's gonna help.
It's out already. $25.

It's out already. $25.
They look very nice, however they are not up on the site anymore. Maybe sold out. I’m almost as excited about the new M2C stuff coming out as I am about new Arrma rcs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back