Outcast Rpm parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanr205

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I'm looking threw rpm and see they make suspension arms for the outcast, does anyone have these in their rig yet? I've had great luck with them on my monster slash but with the warranty from arrma do I need to worry about these parts?

@Tanr205 RPM makes amazing products that are highly durable. If RPM a-arms are available for any of my RC's I buy them no matter the warranty. Mostly because I'm lazy as RPM arms, while breakable, are much less likely then most any stock arms I've used.

I'm running Rpm arms all around and they are holding up great.
The Arma warranty does cover broken a arms, unless you can prove that the breakage was caused by a manufacturer defect.

20171029_012814.jpg

Yet to drive since fitting the arms all round.. very happy . Can see/feel the difference and improvements over stock . You also gain a extra shock mounting position on the lowers :)
20171029_012825.jpg
20171029_012841.jpg

Do your rear arms rub on the bulkhead at all? Mine were rubbing pretty bad and I had to sand them down quite a bit.

That looks really sick. The only thing stopping me from running rpm arms is that they are known to flex under load which causes inconsistent handling. Please report back on how they feel when you drive them after you a few packs. Thanks

Do your rear arms rub on the bulkhead at all? Mine were rubbing pretty bad and I had to sand them down quite a bit.
I have just double checked . Its close for me but looks to have 1mm of gap towards the front and its completly fine at the rear of the bulkhead .
Its movimg freely for me.. but i will monitor this for sure !!
That sucks you had to shave yours down a bit :( .
20171029_141102.jpg
20171029_141113.jpg

That looks really sick. The only thing stopping me from running rpm arms is that they are known to flex under load which causes inconsistent handling. Please report back on how they feel when you drive them after you a few packs. Thanks
If your worried about flex bro i would go straight to the RPM arms .. they are much less flexy compared to the stock ones .. i could really see and feel major improvements with stiffness over the stock arrma arms.
I will keep you posted for sure :).
Im trying to edit a vid reguarding the arms .. i did a bit of a flex test and the rpm won by a long shot :)
If the vid works out ill upload it to the Rc Anonymous youtube channel :)

I have just double checked . Its close for me but looks to have 1mm of gap towards the front and its completly fine at the rear of the bulkhead .
Its movimg freely for me.. but i will monitor this for sure !!
That sucks you had to shave yours down a bit :( . View attachment 13057 View attachment 13058

If your worried about flex bro i would go straight to the RPM arms .. they are much less flexy compared to the stock ones .. i could really see and feel major improvements with stiffness over the stock arrma arms.
I will keep you posted for sure :).
Im trying to edit a vid reguarding the arms .. i did a bit of a flex test and the rpm won by a long shot :)
If the vid works out ill upload it to the Rc Anonymous youtube channel :)

Mine would bind and the arms would stick.

A0xyoYAl.jpg

nPEk9KNl.jpg

I have had no problems with my a arms flexing, they actually feel beefier than the stock a arms.

Owww wow .. thats real close !!! .
Is that a hot racing tower brace i see also :)

Oh yeah I have both the front and rear chassis braces.

I had the same issue with my V2 Kraton. I guess Arrma has changed something since RPM designed these.

Rpm told me "While we haven't heard of this issue with the Outcast prior to your e-mail, we suspect it might be because of the new manufacturer ARRMA is using to build their vehicles. We tend to take up as much room as we can to help improve the strength and durability of our products. They may have used up more of the spacing tolerance we allowed when we built those a-arms. The good news is that it will not void your warranty if you decide to sand the inside edges of the a-arms slightly to improve that issue. Try using 220 - 320 grit sandpaper and hit only the high spot on the inside hinge pin boss. That should take care of the issue while still giving you the strongest possible a-arms available. I hope this helps.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail."

Oh yeah I have both the front and rear chassis braces.

Rpm told me "While we haven't heard of this issue with the Outcast prior to your e-mail, we suspect it might be because of the new manufacturer ARRMA is using to build their vehicles. We tend to take up as much room as we can to help improve the strength and durability of our products. They may have used up more of the spacing tolerance we allowed when we built those a-arms. The good news is that it will not void your warranty if you decide to sand the inside edges of the a-arms slightly to improve that issue. Try using 220 - 320 grit sandpaper and hit only the high spot on the inside hinge pin boss. That should take care of the issue while still giving you the strongest possible a-arms available. I hope this helps.
Take care and thank you for your interest and support of RPM products. If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail."
Owww WOW thats awesome !!! GO RPM !! still warrantys after sanding back arms .. thats backing a product for sure :)

good to know that the rpm arms don't sag over time or flex under the weight of the truck like they do with the e revo.

Owww WOW thats awesome !!! GO RPM !! still warrantys after sanding back arms .. thats backing a product for sure :)
I love rpm I wish they would come out with more upgrades for the kraton and arrma there parts scream quality and precision!!!

I love rpm I wish they would come out with more upgrades for the kraton and arrma there parts scream quality and precision!!!
What other parts for the Arrma 1/8 scale vehicles could they make?

Hmmmm . Gearbox housings !!!! :) :) :) .. servo tray by rpm would be HOT also
Idk about you but I don't know how well Rpm plastic would work for a gearbox housing. And an rpm servo tray would be just like the stock one, remember rpm plastic is meant to be flexible.
Only things I can maybe see are rod ends and axle carriers.

So I just got my rear arms on and mine are Super tight I sanded them down just a bit to add some clearance but dang first set of rpm parts I've had that I had to do that to! Other then the arms being tight the mud flaps and skid plate and wing mount bolted up very nicely and look great!!

So I just got my rear arms on and mine are Super tight I sanded them down just a bit to add some clearance but dang first set of rpm parts I've had that I had to do that to! Other then the arms being tight the mud flaps and skid plate and wing mount bolted up very nicely and look great!!
Oww wow so thats 2 people now im hearing have had their RPM arms to tight.. hmmmmm .. mine are close but everything is moving freely .
Nice score bro :cool::cool::eek::D:D !!! I need to get the wing mount :cool::cool:. But i have just replaced my stock wing mount with the HD option :(.. lol .
Mud flaps would be a sweet edition also :cool::cool:.
The plasitcs do look and feel amazing:cool::cool:

Oww wow so thats 2 people now im hearing have had their RPM arms to tight.. hmmmmm .. mine are close but everything is moving freely .
Nice score bro :cool::cool::eek::D:D !!! I need to get the wing mount :cool::cool:. But i have just replaced my stock wing mount with the HD option :(.. lol .
Mud flaps would be a sweet edition also :cool::cool:.
The plasitcs do look and feel amazing:cool::cool:
What hd wing option? Are you talking about the stock wing that comes on all of the V2 models that is listed as "HD"?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back