Kraton RPM Rear Arms Sway Bar Mount Significantly Different?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dom Mazzetti

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I went to go throw on some RPM arms last night and was surprised to see the sway bar end link mounts are about 15mm further out from the hinge pin on each side. For a minute I thought they may have changed the sway bar or arms from V4 to V5, but they look to be the same since at least the Kraton V2.

I'm sure many others have ran into this, but I didn't see any threads on this. What have you done to work with this?

2021-04-06_8-27-14.jpg
2021-04-06_8-27-59.jpg
2021-04-06_8-28-10.jpg
2021-04-06_8-28-27.jpg
2021-04-06_8-28-40.jpg

Ah, I see now. Interesting how arrma says the V5 sway bar is compatible with the V4 (and not vice-versa), but they are clearly different.
It’s because it’ll fit the other way around, it’ll just have some sway bar rod sticking out. The other way around and the bar is too short. :)

The V4 uses narrow sway bar in the front & wide in the rear.
V5 uses the same narrow sway bars both front & rear.

but the other issue you have is with the shock position. on the V5 they narrow the shock tower and the V5 arms have the shock location move more towards the center... so if you were to fit the rpm arms you would also need the v4 shock towers..

In shorts, the RPM are only for v4 and before. RPM didn't yet release a V5 compatible arms.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back