Outcast Rpm rear arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
I put the rpm rear arms on to match the front today and I notice that the car cannot get its rear all the way to the ground. Runs out of suspension travel. No issue with the front. Anyone have this?

That usually has to do with shock travel. I have RPM front and rear with no issues. Push it right to the ground.

Can you post a picture of the rear with the suspension extended and also bottomed out?

I can't get photos now. There are smaller tires from racing tonight. It went all the way down with those. Believe it went all the way down with stock arms

15250166962902053296303.jpg

tried the different mounting holes at the top. still will not sit all the way down in back.

What's the difference in tire diameter vs the back flips? Dogbone looks like it's bottomed out and the shocks appear there as well.

They are the tires people mentioned on here, they are a little taller but not much.

Duke is right. The dog bones are digging in to the drive cups and creating notches. Good eye Duke.

Thats an RPM arm issue I believe, they seem okay, I took it apart to sand that but its not a huge problem right now.

I have rpm from and rears on my outcast and have no problem getting the chassis in the ground can I ask y decided to mount the shocks in that mounting position on the towers. In the first pic the shocks are mounted in 2 different positions on the towers.

Screenshot_20180515-233624_Gallery.jpg

And that's alot of preload you have there any reason your collars are down so low when the truck is on the ground you want you a arms to b level also what are your grubs set like in the a arms

I was experimenting with the holes in the shock towers to see if that would help, it didn't and I moved the shocks back to the stock holes after I took the picture.

I'm guessing the preload is because of the 6S battery? The front is all the way down and the arms still don't sit level, they are slightly lower than I'd like. I will need to pickup some stiffer springs eventually.

I only run 6s kn mine and have no issues getting the a arms parral to the ground. u may just need heavier shock oil not springs I run team losi 45wt in mine and I can keep my preload basically at the stock settings. I had no need 2 change the springs the heavier oil will compensate for the un needed preload you have what weight shock lil arr you running.also how far are your drupe screws set
20180515_211025.jpg

I replaced stock a-arms today for RPM arms front and rear.
I was looking forward to see how much of improvement it would do and i was very happily surprised! The amount of slack it took away in the a-arms is amazing!
Maybe nothing you mind that much on a car like the Outcast but feels alot better in my mind! The slack in all kind of directions espacially front end is all gone with RPM arms.
No problems with interfering anywhere in travel like above. Maybe RPM have fixed this now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back