Rpm rear lower arms not fit v4 talion??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinj7942

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Anyone install rpm rear lower arms on a v4 talion? They don’t seem to have enough clearance between the hinge pin and diff casing for proper fitment. Is that the case here?

Looks like I’m gonna have to put these in a vise and bend some Emory cloth across about 150 degrees of the outer radius and take about 30 thou of material off, anyone else have to do this?

Looks like I’m gonna have to put these in a vise and bend some Emory cloth across about 150 degrees of the outer radius and take about 30 thou of material off, anyone else have to do this?
This is a known problem, Rpm of course blames Arrma.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-rear-a-arms-binding.4730/

4mjuktuh-jpg.11883

Thank you for the Info:) I’ll put them
In my mini Cnc and just make a small radius cut on the outer 180 and they should fit well. Hopefully the strength will not be compromised in any way. I’ll report once I beat the hell out of them.

Thank you for the Info:) I’ll put them
In my mini Cnc and just make a small radius cut on the outer 180 and they should fit well. Hopefully the strength will not be compromised in any way. I’ll report once I beat the hell out of them.
I've been beating on mine for a while that I sanded down, the holes the pin goes through seems to wear out before anything else does.

Actually the more I look, them more I’m thinking of removing a small amount of material from the diff housing not the arm. Probably more productive for strength and longevity.
Probably going to notch the section that protrudes and give it a try. I’ll update once I confirm the idea
Minimally this will make a new arm set fit without modifications in the future so might be the best remedy.
This is a known problem, Rpm of course blames Arrma.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-rear-a-arms-binding.4730/

4mjuktuh-jpg.11883
I’m going to slightly modify the diff housing rather than your product. I feel that strength integrity is compromised far not in the arm than the diff housing as well as replacement arms will not require modification. The required amount for clearance seems to be less than 30 thousandths and is better suited to be removed from there than your product. Simply insight for you guys, not a recommendation for anyone else. Just my two cents.
More, not the word not. Auto correct will
Make us all look like a moron at some point.?

Last edited:
I sanded mine down for my v2 (2018) outcast to get them to fit. I didn't take a photo of it at the time, but you can see the dremel marks here on the broken RPM arm photo I have:
2018-0731-Outcast-BrokenRPMArm03.jpg

Didn't have to take off much.

Actually the more I look, them more I’m thinking of removing a small amount of material from the diff housing not the arm. Probably more productive for strength and longevity.
Probably going to notch the section that protrudes and give it a try. I’ll update once I confirm the idea
Minimally this will make a new arm set fit without modifications in the future so might be the best remedy.

I’m going to slightly modify the diff housing rather than your product. I feel that strength integrity is compromised far not in the arm than the diff housing as well as replacement arms will not require modification. The required amount for clearance seems to be less than 30 thousandths and is better suited to be removed from there than your product. Simply insight for you guys, not a recommendation for anyone else. Just my two cents.
More, not the word not. Auto correct will
Make us all look like a moron at some point.?
Yup the other day I posted on Facebook that I was pimping gas instead of pumping. And it tried to change it again ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back