RPM seems wrong in Castle log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Anyone know why it shows RPM over 70K? This was a 1550kv motor on 6S, which should be under 40K RPM.

1657029699926.png

I am not 100% sure,
But maybe the motor Pole is not correct

Question:

in the above

Question:

In the above setting, is that the default Spec. Gear Ratio in the 1:1?
Selecting "No Gearing/Direct Drive" would be the same as 1:1??
Wouldn't it???:unsure:
Affirmative on both questions.
The RPM logging is only somewhat accurate. I never enter any gearing into it. I always leave it on 1:1.

I don't own a CC ESC ...yet.
I really should have one by now. I know.;)
TY.
Anytime :)
And yes...you should. If you're doing anything performance oriented, be it drag racing or speed running, the data logging will be an essential puzzle piece to understanding what is going on and optimizing your setup.

Changed the pole count. Thanks guys.

I don't own a CC ESC ...yet.
I really should have one by now. I know.;)
TY.
I recently bought my first and the best feature is temperature cutoff. I hate that the XR8 only has two settings for motor temperature limits and they're really high - 221F and 257F if my memory serves me correctly.

With castle, I can choose any of the below cutoff temps. I also have it set to emit an error beep if the sensor cable breaks contact.

So I never have to monitor temps while pushing the car hard. It's great. It's the main selling point for my needs.

1657032685246.png

Changed the pole count. Thanks guys.

I recently bought my first and the best feature is temperature cutoff. I hate that the XR8 only has two settings for motor temperature limits and they're really high - 221F and 257F if my memory serves me correctly.

With castle, I can choose any of the below cutoff temps. I also have it set to emit an error beep if the sensor cable breaks contact.

So I never have to monitor temps while pushing the car hard. It's great. It's the main selling point for my needs.

View attachment 227919
Rezus, 221°F is already way too high for my liking as you're already really close to, if not, hitting temperatures damaging to permanent magnets. 257°F isn't even debatable, you're definitely ruining motors with temperatures like that. That's nuts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back