RPM Typhon 3S arms warped on first use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How hot is it where you are? We all know RPM are made with a more pliable plastic. Maybe better to run stock arms in the summer and use RPM when it cools down. I've noticed my stock front arms are going strong this summer, but they snapped like twigs from November to April. Harder plastic in the spring/summer and softer in the fall/winter. Either way, it sucks to deal with it right now when you should just be worried about bashing. I'd go back to RPM one more time and push the case. You'll have to cover the costs to ship them back and the cost for new ones to be shipped back though. Not even sure if the math works in your favor.
I’m in Northern Ohio, which is 4 hours south west of the 6 ?

It was upper 80s to low 90s that day. My rigs park in my garage which is usually a little hotter than outside, but not by much. So at worst 95F that day.

I have been popping so many stock arms during the last few months when it’s been warm to hot, so not sure what the answer is. Maybe a thinner hinge pin and thicker arms?

So, what yer say'n is, these shouldn't look like this? lol First image below is RPM arm on the left, stock Arrma arm on the right....because I broke that one, I just haven't mailed it in for warranty....yet.....ever?
full

Yeah, there's a chunk missing from that shock mount.
full

Both rears are this way, too. Hmmmm Boiling water you say? lol
full

Right rear seemed a bit more bent than the left.
full

So, instead of just one arm being broken all 4 are bent. My car is never stored with anything on top of it in a hot car etc so that's not a valid explanation, IMO.
Cost of arms shipped to my door is about $11. I haven't gone to the actual post office yet but online to ship one of these in a bubble envelope was going to cost $7. That pricing could be wrong but that's definitely not worth it, for $4-5 more I can get 2 arms.
I have video of a particular landing where these guys twisted to the extreme and I swore up and down something broke but nope. Nada. They just flexed. Very pleased with that aspect compared to the brittle stock arms, which I broke on day 1.
As you can see, my Typhon is a basher so the flexibility is actually preferred over thick and brittle. But now what? Become a better driver, I guess. Don't wreck....ever?

Racers and most crawlers wouldn't think of storing their vehicles on tires... Just saying.

Racers and most crawlers wouldn't think of storing their vehicles on tires... Just saying.
I never store any of my cars on the wheels, it also puts flat spots in the foams when you do that.

Rpms warranty is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen. You must send all and any parts back into them, so best bet is to wait until you have a big pile of parts to send back to save money on shipping, doesn't make sense to spend $6 to ship back a $10 part................ Then once you send them in you have to hope that they will approve your warranty(9 times out of 10 they don't).

I said this in another thread but I have not been impressed with Rpm since starting in this hobby.

Having to modify their rear a arms so they do not rub on the rear diff case https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-rear-a-arms-binding.4730/

The excessive amount of slop in the hinge pin bosses on the front upper and lower a arms and the rear a arms.

The front bumper that broke after a few weeks use on my Outcast.

Their wing mounts that just snap off. The stock one at least turns into a noodle before it breaks.

The front a arm that lasted 1 pack on my Typhon.

The front bumper that snapped in half on my 2wd Stampede.

The front a arm for my Ruckus that snapped off randomly.

Rpm is supposed to be the best, but in all honesty all I have seen from them is junk.

20190617_120552.jpg

wy33PxL.jpg

20170430_105205.jpg

1AVwEap.jpg

I never had a problem with the one pair of rpm arms I have but they're on a light SCT. Seems like you can't just use the same design and material for a 4 pound 3s vehicle and a 12 pound 6s missile. ??‍♂️

The pick above is where I broke my stock arms on my 3S. So far no probs with the RPM arms, they must send their good stuff down under:)

The first one on my Typhon 3S sat overnight on tires. The only thing I can say is that the Chinese ebay shocks I had at the time we’re a little stiff, but then why did only one side warp?

Clearly you didn't store your truck in a zero gravity chamber as per RPM guidelines. Warranty denied!
That response from Rpm was seriously the biggest load of crap.

I never store any of my cars on the wheels, it also puts flat spots in the foams when you do that.

Rpms warranty is the biggest bunch of crap I have ever seen. You must send all and any parts back into them, so best bet is to wait until you have a big pile of parts to send back to save money on shipping, doesn't make sense to spend $6 to ship back a $10 part................ Then once you send them in you have to hope that they will approve your warranty(9 times out of 10 they don't).

I said this in another thread but I have not been impressed with Rpm since starting in this hobby.

Having to modify their rear a arms so they do not rub on the rear diff case https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-rear-a-arms-binding.4730/

The excessive amount of slop in the hinge pin bosses on the front upper and lower a arms and the rear a arms.

The front bumper that broke after a few weeks use on my Outcast.

Their wing mounts that just snap off. The stock one at least turns into a noodle before it breaks.

The front a arm that lasted 1 pack on my Typhon.

The front bumper that snapped in half on my 2wd Stampede.

The front a arm for my Ruckus that snapped off randomly.

Rpm is supposed to be the best, but in all honesty all I have seen from them is junk.

Odds are, if you send them a bag of busted parts like that, they will just say you are exceeding reasonable use. Then your also out the $12 to ship.

Personally, I buy RPM if I break stock pretty easily and if they don't work out, I go back to stock. In some instances, RPM works better. In others, not so much. Like on my savage flux. It came with RPM arms as I bought it used. The truck ran a 4 big bore shock setup vs the typical skinny 8 that the older savages have. The RPM arms were built for 8 shocks, one on the leading edge and one on the trailing edge of the arm. In a 4 shock setup, the arm would twist on landings which snaps the shock ends off, bends the shock shaft. After the 4th or 5th shock end broke, I ordered a set of stock arms off ebay. To be honest, on a savage, I have rarely broken an arm... but that was before I started running electric and before I got my first arrma and really started airing things out. I've broken 2 or 3 arms on my flux over the past year, which is more than I broke on my nitro savages the past 15 years. Regardless, I'm sticking with stock arms on that.

I run RPM on my stampede 4x4, ejato, outcast and my 2 nitro revo's, did run on my e-revo v1, but now running stock after converting to a v2 as the v1's aren't compatible and I figured I'd stick with stock until they broke then decide then if I'll go with RPM or not. On all of those, the RPM arms have worked better/lasted longer than stock. I do notice they have bent a little on my stampede, so when it gets too bad, I replace them. Usually by then the hinge pin holes are sloppy anyway and that tends to make steering sketchy. For as much as I drive it, spending $22 on arms every year isn't that bad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back