RPM Typhon 3S arms warped on first use

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you guys are bitching about. Mine look fine! ?

View attachment 47038View attachment 47039View attachment 47040View attachment 47041
looks-good-to-me.png

Here are the rears after flipping them side to side today. Hoping flipping them flattens them out. I’m going to make a better effort at hanging my rigs when storing them. Bought S hooks and will hang them in the garage from my steel shelving racks.

BB8108A7-A01A-4CB6-A252-D68DEEE9B53F.jpeg

Snapped my first A arm yesterday, and I have to admit I was about to spend twice as much on RPM, but, I decided not to. I think maybe I made the right choice after seeing all this.

Snapped my first A arm yesterday, and I have to admit I was about to spend twice as much on RPM, but, I decided not to. I think maybe I made the right choice after seeing all this.
Both the stock and Rpm a arms seems to be of better quality now than they were initially.

Not a fan of RPM these days at all. They are the" go to", and they know that. Their attitude is that we need them, not that they need us. A warped business model. IMO. All my calls to them contained scripted damage control BS. Basically SOL. Was buying their stuff for 25 years.

Not a fan of RPM these days at all. They are the" go to", and they know that. Their attitude is that we need them, not that they need us. A warped business model. IMO. All my calls to them contained scripted damage control BS. Basically SOL. Was buying their stuff for 25 years.
Yeah I have heard nothing but horror stories of people trying to use the warranty and getting rejected left front and center.

Yeah I have heard nothing but horror stories of people trying to use the warranty and getting rejected left front and center.
RPM uses a one size fits all Nylon. And I feel that their nylon suppliers have changed in quality over the years and are not good enough for a lot of 1/8 applications. RPM has been known for their warranty. Yet they really don't have one at all. They should re-word their marketing hype a bit.(y)

RPM uses a one size fits all Nylon. And I feel that their nylon suppliers have changed in quality over the years and are not good enough for a lot of 1/8 applications. RPM has been known for their warranty. Yet they really don't have one at all. They should re-word their marketing hype a bit.(y)
Warranty about what? Thats you broke the arm in a crash? And rpms arms lead to bended shock shaft if it bends hard enough in the 3-4s models i thinks thats what breaks the shock towers

I would still recommend buying the RPM arms as they just don’t break. I have them on my Kraton now too. Worst case scenario is you have to rotate them when they get warped. But at least they don’t break. I’ve tried. ??‍♂️?

I would still recommend buying the RPM arms as they just don’t break. I have them on my Kraton now too. Worst case scenario is you have to rotate them when they get warped. But at least they don’t break. I’ve tried. ??‍♂️?
Challenge accepted. This was a first batch a arm though.
20190617_120552.jpg

I think “hold my beer” would have been the proper meme here. ??‍♂️??
I'm just going to assume it was a bad batch as like I said. I bought them the day Rpm had them available for sale and the replacement ones have been fine, other than the warping.

I'm on my 3rd rear RPM arm in a bit over a year on my outcast 6S. First one busted inexplicably a few days after installing it. I don't remember breaking the second one, the most recent 3rd took a pretty hard hit and split at the hinge pin seam.

I'm on my 3rd rear RPM arm in a bit over a year on my outcast 6S. First one busted inexplicably a few days after installing it. I don't remember breaking the second one, the most recent 3rd took a pretty hard hit and split at the hinge pin seam.
I feel like the places you run are some of the harshest on rigs. Grassy hills and skate parks. I’ve broken more parts on those two surfaces than I have running on streets or parking lots. Any dirt track has more forgiveness too. Grass seems like it would be gentle, but it just grips so much on landings that it just rips my rigs apart. The same landing on any dirt surface and they seem to survive way better. On dirt parts seem to slide over easier. Now skate parks are an obvious place to break things. Landing on paved surfaces will always be harsh. That’s why a BMX track would be easier on things. I just don’t have access to one locally.

I'm looking at the typhon 3s I was going to get the rpm arms because they had extra shock holes to adjust.cant believe arrma can't make arms to adjust shocks.i know it's a basher but still just like there 2wd cars

2WD cars drive so different than 4WD. If you can develop good skills with 2WD, you are good. 2WD is fun. They are so much easier to wrench also. Don't expect Arrma to have all the adjustments you would find in a dedicated Track rig. The 2WD Arrmas are at a low price point for a reason and wont have many adjustments at all. You can still lean in the shocks at the top of the shock towers on some models to lay down your shocks if that works for you. Not sure of which rig you are specifically speaking of.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back