Kraton RPM vs Tbone bumpers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
so i see many people using both brands I am going to buy bumpers day one so i wanted some input
I see tbone makes a basher and then a wide basher and a 3rd called TBR XV4 2.0..
Kraton_XV4_2.0_2_2400x1800.jpg

I have heard complaints that this one acts like a shovel on nose dives etc
Kraton_2018_Thrasher9_2400x1800.jpg

I know some people swear by rpm's
81472_1.jpg

also do i get a rear bumper or wheelie bar??
just trying to spend my money right the first time etc

On my Kraton I have the RPM and on the Noto and Talion I have TBone. All of them are good for me. I only have a rear bumper on the Talion so far and really don't miss it elsewhere. Probably doesn't help your decision but just want to say that I like both manufacturers in my experience. If I had to choose, I like TBone for the variety and I like their material a bit more. The RPM is a great value and does the job well but wish they offered more of a selection.

It's like asking which is best, Kraton or Outcast. Personal preference.
Ok how about im a new driver and don't want to smash my truck and flip over? :) which of the 3 bumpers is best for a noobie
I was thinking tbone front bumper and wheelie bar (has skidplate also)

Ok how about im a new driver and don't want to smash my truck and flip over? :) which of the 3 bumpers is best for a noobie

Both brands will be equally good and why guys here aren't choosing sides. I have all three you've shown in the photos above and all work just the same and very well.
I don't think you'll need the wheelie bar. Just my opinion.

Both brands will be equally good and why guys here aren't choosing sides. I have all three you've shown in the photos above and all work just the same and very well.
I don't think you'll need the wheelie bar. Just my opinion.
but a rear skid plate is a good idea right? maybe the tbone rear basher bumper? sorry just paranoid im gonna hit a fence or something hard at 50mph
Kraton_Wide_Basher_Rear1_2400x1800.jpg
Kraton_Wide_Basher_Rear4_2400x1800.jpg

but a rear skid plate is a good idea right?

I have aluminum rear skids on Talion and Noto and full skids on my Mt10E. I like them. The Arrma ones came from Voltage but M2C have some as well. I can't say they do me good or not but they don't hurt. I'd buy more if I noticed that I was wearing them out.

Just like crimson said above, you'll be ok with any one of them. I like the looks of the rpm the best, but really don't care for the looks of any of them. I went with the tbone typhon front bumper because I caught a sale at the time, the larger tbone for the Kraton looks hideous IMO. The smaller typhon bumper looks a little better, your choice.

Just like crimson said above, you'll be ok with any one of them. I like the looks of the rpm the best, but really don't care for the looks of any of them. I went with the tbone typhon front bumper because I caught a sale at the time, the larger tbone for the Kraton looks hideous IMO. The smaller typhon bumper looks a little better, your choice.

The Typhon bumper does look like it fits the size of the vehicle most. I don't have one yet but may pick one up.

The Typhon bumper does look like it fits the size of the vehicle most. I don't have one yet but may pick one up.
Fits better and looks better, even on the Outcast.

I have the RPM on my Kraton. It's taken some hard hits including some lawn darts. Not only held up but still looks new. Fits well, designed well. Can't say the same for the rear T-bone wheely bar.

20191113_081954.jpg

edit: the RPM skid plates are great too, maybe a bit fast wearing but also cheap.

Last edited:
but a rear skid plate is a good idea right? maybe the tbone rear basher bumper? sorry just paranoid im gonna hit a fence or something hard at 50mph
Yeah it's a good idea, get you one. I did.

Last edited:
My tbone has taken a literal beating on my Kraton. I snapped a rpm front bumper, but I guess that’s better than damaging the actual machine.

I had the TBone on my Kraton and swapped it out for the RPM Typhon bumper. Rear bumpers don’t make a lot of sense to me, plus I think they look stupid....just my opinion

I have the tbone typhoon bastion bumper on my Kraton. It fits well and doesn’t look bad. It was a direct fit. I got the recommendation from some members on here. It’s taken a few good hits and tumbles so far in freezing temperatures without issue.

Attachments

• C1790AD8-1DB1-4FEB-B720-A3E2EB120BAB.jpeg
    C1790AD8-1DB1-4FEB-B720-A3E2EB120BAB.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 59
I posted on another thread, T-Bone is much better in lifetime warranty compared to RPM.

Attachments

• 20191230_202951.jpg
    20191230_202951.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 20191230_202916.jpg
    20191230_202916.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 52
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back