Kraton RPM wing mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I have an RPM wing mount on my Kraton. My wing is angled so that the front of it hits the top of the shock mounts and it drives me nuts. I also run an RPM wing mount on my Typhon and noticed I don't have the same problem. So I decided to compare them. This is the Kraton:

20180924_131351.jpg

And here is the Typhon:

20180924_131415.jpg

See how nice and flat the RPM wing mount is on my Typhon? Why isn't the Kraton one the same way?

It's worth noting that the RPM mount didn't quite fit the Typhon without me shaving down the body post mounts.

I have an RPM wing mount on my Kraton. My wing is angled so that the front of it hits the top of the shock mounts and it drives me nuts. I also run an RPM wing mount on my Typhon and noticed I don't have the same problem. So I decided to compare them. This is the Kraton:

View attachment 22410

And here is the Typhon:

View attachment 22411

See how nice and flat the RPM wing mount is on my Typhon? Why isn't the Kraton one the same way?

It's worth noting that the RPM mount didn't quite fit the Typhon without me shaving down the body post mounts.
Something is messed up I have rpm on my outcast and it sits level. Maybe bent chassis in the rear?

Could be the plastic deforming. My rpm wingmout is deformed but bends to the right. I warmed it up and tried to straighten it but its slowly moving back

I swapped the wing mounts. Now the wing sits right on top of the shock mount. Not sure if I like this either.

20180924_164601.jpg

Attachments

• 20180924_164221.jpg
    20180924_164221.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 51
Dude that is weird as hell, send RPM a picture of the one mount, maybe they will send you a new one.

Dude that is weird as hell, send RPM a picture of the one mount, maybe they will send you a new one.

How is the wing supposed to look compared to the top of the shock mounts? Does anyone have a picture?

It’s a defective mount I’d just buy a new one and send that one back. Rpm has lifetime warranty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back