Kraton Rpm wingmount sucks!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkawa28

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
RPM states that their parts are of good quality... But their wingmount isn't!! Really terrible quality! I really thought it was indistructable..
I jumped with the Kraton and landed on the back of the car and the mount just snapped...?

I already had the bumper, skid plate, front upper and lower arms from RPM and I am happy with these upgrades. Reason why I chose RPM is because of their warranty. And that was also the reason why I chose the RPM wingmount. But now this happened and i am really not happy!

When you have warranty issues you need to reach out to RPM directly! I am living in the Netherlands and RPM headquarters are in the US. So I contacted them and I had to explain what happened. Where did I drove, what temperature, did I modify the car, what speed, when did it happen etc etc. I also provided them pictures of the place where I drove and how my car looked liked. After long discussions per email they wanted to send me a new one but then I have to pay for the shipping costs. Normally I have no problem with that but in this case it is not worth it. I am living in the Netherlands so shipping will cost me $13,-. This thing cost me €17,-....

This is the first RPM wingmount and again the last one!!!

Attachments

• 871C09CB-6FBF-4B47-88C8-85488D26E46A.jpeg
    871C09CB-6FBF-4B47-88C8-85488D26E46A.jpeg
    330.2 KB · Views: 66
  • B96BC2EA-CD7A-44F5-A5F2-4D9489D65660.jpeg
    B96BC2EA-CD7A-44F5-A5F2-4D9489D65660.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 61
  • E7C7F8D8-3D03-42D2-9015-7F2543675689.jpeg
    E7C7F8D8-3D03-42D2-9015-7F2543675689.jpeg
    446.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 102FFB7E-499C-42F4-B999-E2F89589BFFD.jpeg
    102FFB7E-499C-42F4-B999-E2F89589BFFD.jpeg
    317.6 KB · Views: 54
I too was disappointed in rpm. I broke one too. Not worth it for me. They wanted the old one mailed to them. Then I needed to pay shipping back to me. I could buy two new ones. Instead I won’t buy rpm again. Their wty is crap. And it’s Luke that in purpose. They can stuff their crap.

There are a couple of hobby shops that carry POS in Europe.

RPM wing mount is meh, but their 6s line bumper kicks ass.

That it also what I mentioned in the thread. I am happy with the bumper etc but definitely not with the wingmount!!!

RPM states that their parts are of good quality... But their wingmount isn't!! Really terrible quality! I really thought it was indistructable..
I jumped with the Kraton and landed on the back of the car and the mount just snapped...?

I already had the bumper, skid plate, front upper and lower arms from RPM and I am happy with these upgrades. Reason why I chose RPM is because of their warranty. And that was also the reason why I chose the RPM wingmount. But now this happened and i am really not happy!

When you have warranty issues you need to reach out to RPM directly! I am living in the Netherlands and RPM headquarters are in the US. So I contacted them and I had to explain what happened. Where did I drove, what temperature, did I modify the car, what speed, when did it happen etc etc. I also provided them pictures of the place where I drove and how my car looked liked. After long discussions per email they wanted to send me a new one but then I have to pay for the shipping costs. Normally I have no problem with that but in this case it is not worth it. I am living in the Netherlands so shipping will cost me $13,-. This thing cost me €17,-....

sometimes they just brake other times can be on there for a year and just bend and not brake . I like stock one best seems like a better part to me

https://www.toemen.nl/pos-bulletproof-wingmount-arrma-kraton-outcast-p-43597.html

I've broken 3 stock ones and a couple RPM ones on my outcast. The last one I installed was RPM, but I boiled it for 15 minutes or so. It's been holding up for quite a few bash sessions. I have 2 stock ones NIP in case it breaks. Will try boiling those too and see if it helps if mine breaks again.

I broken over 7 rpm wing mounts I normally will send in all the mounts and about 4 arms at a time to make it all worth while one thing I started doing now is Soak them in wd40 for a day before installing but guys nothing is indestructible just buy 3 of them and have them handy on the parts wall easy fix and done have 3 on my trucks 4 broken sets and 3 more hanging up will never need to buy any more

Driver says RPM Wingmount sucks. :mad:
RPM says the driver sucks! ?

Couldn't help myself :giggle:

Yes these will break and I couldn't tell the difference between stock and RPM wingmounts. My last RPM set has been holding up for a while though, biggest difference being improved driver skill. Consider it cost of education, if you don't break it you have less incentive to improve!

I would rather break a wingmount or 2 then have the rear diff break in half. You could make a strong enough wing mount that would not break , but the forces have to be dissipated somewhere so something else would break.

I use Brass bolts which is a soft metal to secure the Wingmount/ Wheelie bar. I’ve sheared 3 pairs of bolts since iv mounted the bar with no diff issues. Before this i snapped 2 lots of stock wing mounts and probably would’ve snapped another 5 if this wasn’t on the vehicle.
Some say “land on the wheels” and you won’t have an issue which is easy to do when you’re going over speed bumps at 30k/hr, but when you’re having a decent crack there’s not too many products out there that will last especially if they cop it flush.
This is working for me ATM. Cheaper to replace bolts than the wing mounts.

Attachments

• 6D323D1E-8263-4CB5-9C16-45D228F47244.jpeg
    6D323D1E-8263-4CB5-9C16-45D228F47244.jpeg
    199.7 KB · Views: 36
  • E4C8AD3F-ADF0-4193-9FC7-D2F020C0062B.jpeg
    E4C8AD3F-ADF0-4193-9FC7-D2F020C0062B.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 39
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back