Mojave Rtr or exb? I’m not sure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cal.t

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
I’m looking for buy a Mojave. I’ve been into rc since January and have a couple rigs but never installed electronics myself. Would It be a good idea to go for the exb, or just buy the rtr. I’m not sure?

The rtr is a capable rig and solid. What types of driving do you plan to do? Are you into upgrading a lot? Things to consider. Rtr is great but the exb is better. If you are in this hobby installing electronics and general wrenching are things you will need to learn and know going forward if you plan to stay long. It is mostly pretty simple.

Installing electronics actually is way easier than you may expect. Plus lots of help on this forum in case you may need it😉. All Mojaves are very solid, whether RTR or EXB.
I ended up buying the EXB since I liked:https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car...lack-Bead-Lock-Wheels-Hex-24mm-Rear-L-T3280B/
a. EXB body;
b. The nice looking EXB parts😎
c. The stronger diffs
d. The fact that I don’t like the stock servo and remote anyway, plus you can buy whatever electronics you want👌. Plenty of info on electronics, but may I recommend the Hobbywing Max6/4985 combo? Yes I may😂

You’ll end up having a great time anyway, whether you go for the RTR or EXB👍

The rtr is a capable rig and solid. What types of driving do you plan to do? Are you into upgrading a lot? Things to consider. Rtr is great but the exb is better. If you are in this hobby installing electronics and general wrenching are things you will need to learn and know going forward if you plan to stay long. It is mostly pretty simple.
Few mud jumps just general bashing about . I do like upgrading my rigs almost all have been upgraded in some sort of way. Like you said I’ll need to know how to do all that stuff eventually, so why not start now. Maybe the exb will be the one then. Cheers buddy

Installing electronics actually is way easier than you may expect. Plus lots of help on this forum in case you may need it😉. All Mojaves are very solid, whether RTR or EXB.
I ended up buying the EXB since I liked:https://www.louiserc.eu/Pick-by-Car...lack-Bead-Lock-Wheels-Hex-24mm-Rear-L-T3280B/
a. EXB body;
b. The nice looking EXB parts😎
c. The stronger diffs
d. The fact that I don’t like the stock servo and remote anyway, plus you can buy whatever electronics you want👌. Plenty of info on electronics, but may I recommend the Hobbywing Max6/4985 combo? Yes I may😂

You’ll end up having a great time anyway, whether you go for the RTR or EXB👍
Nice one mate thanks for that👍 Yes the max 6 combo is what I have been looking to install. What’s the weak spots for the Mojave?

Nice one mate thanks for that👍 Yes the max 6 combo is what I have been looking to install. What’s the weak spots for the Mojave?
Not much, but stock servo is too weak. Replace it with a DS3225/3230 or 3235, pretty cheap but good.
Weakest points on Mojave are the body posts and front bumper posts if you’re into jumping or crash a lot😄. Can easily be solved with a bit of foam or hot glue.
One thing is a MUST BUY if you will use it for what is built, namely offroading, and that’s the Scorched inner fenders. Without those the Mojave is a sand/grass vacuum cleaner!

Not much, but stock servo is too weak. Replace it with a DS3225/3230 or 3235, pretty cheap but good.
Weakest points on Mojave are the body posts and front bumper posts if you’re into jumping or crash a lot😄. Can easily be solved with a bit of foam or hot glue.
One thing is a MUST BUY if you will use it for what is built, namely offroading, and that’s the Scorched inner fenders. Without those the Mojave is a sand/grass vacuum cleaner!
Thanks for the info mate. I have a few DS 25kg servos sitting about. That fender kit looks good for keeping the crap out. Exb will be the one I think. Nice one bud👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back