Rubber absorber for under the motor in a 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tire idea is brilliant. Thanks for the tip Not J. Not familiar with 3 D printers or if the plastic would hold up but seems like someone could design a wedge that would fit. Till they come out with a fix I have an old Slash tire I’m cutting up. Seems fitting.

I will work on a 3D printed block that could work for the 6S motors. I’m thinking a wedge under with zip ties or stainless banding straps. Does anyone know the peak temps I should accommodate for? 200C 250C? At what point is the motor cooked anyways?

Heat. this might be a problem for my tie wrap. I put in the back up motor last night, cut the piece of tire so it's two treads deep and wide enough to cover a third of the circumference of the can. Now you all got me worried that my tie wrap will melt and snap. Oh well, just another day in the life of "I'll test it so you all don't have to". ?

If you're going to attempt to make something like that @jondilly1974 I'd say make it to withstand the highest temperatures you can (within reason obviously). ;)
I only have PLA filament on hand, which deforms at 55C and melts at around 200C. I could anneal the prints, but that shrinks them at an uncontrolled rate. They could probably withstand up to 150C before deforming and 300F before melting. I just don't think a 3D printed part is logical at this point. It is good for prototyping and design, but I think the finished part needs to be CNC machined metal.

Here's are some shots of it being modded up for a Hobbystar 4092, in my V2 Kraton. The waterjacket was cut & notched out to get a better grip on the motor. I did some more file work on the chassis since then to get it to work better with the adjustable motor mount.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back