Rubber seals motor bearings ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevenj76

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
I’m struggling to get decent quality metal shield bearings for kraton 4s motor , is it ok to use rubber shield abec 5 rated

generally speaking rubber sealed are better than steel shielded bearings. Most guys replace the metal shielded bearings for rubber sealed from fast eddys etc.

You can still use them for the motor (I have for my 3s Typhon with no issues), however, metal shielded bearings are a little more efficient and so are better suited for the motor. Rubber sealed bearings are a little less so and are preferred for the drivetrain. Keep in mind when RPMs are too high and temps get too hot, the rubber seals could potentially fail

You can still use them for the motor (I have for my 3s Typhon with no issues), however, metal shielded bearings are a little more efficient and so are better suited for the motor. Rubber sealed bearings are a little less so and are preferred for the drivetrain. Keep in mind when RPMs are too high and temps get too hot, the rubber seals could potentially fail
Okay I did not know that. Listen to Yas he knows his sh*t ?

Okay I did not know that. Listen to Yas he knows his sh*t ?
Still learning ? mostly from the advice from the more experienced people on here ? I don't know too much on bearing ratings, but the higher the ABEC the better

Just to add to the topic - the most efficient for motors are ceramic hybrid bearings but they're marginally more expensive. They don't (really) require maintenance, have high heat resistances and are essentially frictionless. They're more of a fit and forget solution (providing your pinion mesh is fine), although I've yet to try them myself

Thanks for the replies , the ones I’ve coming are abec 5 but it didn’t say whether they are contact or contactless seals I believe contactless supposed to be ok for motors , if you’re using them in the 3200kv motor I should be fine in the 2200 Kv , mine runs a lot cooler than my typhon motor

Bearing came and I fitted them but there was still a knock on the shaft when installed , when I took the rota out again the front bearing came out on the shaft again . Supposed to be abec 5 too. Back on the hunt again it looks like. Not easy here in the uk to buy some good motor bearings

Not sure what size you need but I ordered a 2 pack of TRB 5x16x5 hybrid ceramics from Amazon for $14.

Mine has the 5x13x4 , I’d be happy to pay good money for the original ones that were in

As they seem to be hit and miss I’m really only looking for uk based . But thanks

NP. If I happen to come across one I will let you know.

Ceramic seem to be "the way" but for the whole truck, pretty expensive. For the motor I think its a no brainer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back