Senton Rubber woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason537

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Well, was just gonna run my new whip as is,.. Senton 4x4 3s BLX, now looking for a 3rd set of tires. Ran the speed demon though my 2s, then threw my 3s lipo in and tires lasted about 5min,. toast. Bought some 12mm adapters and replacement Duratrax C2 Lockup ST(DTXC3568), they lasted about 15min on my 3s, toasted the glue holding the rubber to the rim.

I'm thinking of trying some on road HS rated tires next, as well as another set of offroad tires,.. does anyone have some suggestions?

Thanks

Proline lp trenchers if you want something a little wider. I’ve had good luck with these so far.

C15D33FB-B052-45F2-AF87-E79EDF570BF7.jpeg

Thanks, do they have much more positive offset compared to stockers? I tried the Duratrax DTXC3566 before returning them and getting the 3568 because they rubbed the upper camber links.

A little wider is okay, don't want to go any taller

Yes much wider offset. No rubbing issues using them with 14mm hex. As for height they were supper close to stock. I just trimmed a hair off the rear arches so they wouldn’t rub on hard landings.

Here’s a senton body for perspective. It handles better with the wider stance but puts more strain on the steering and c hubs. Nothing has broken yet but I can see it happening eventually. Been running it hard since March though. The wheels are proline raids with removable hex adapters so you can put in 12/14/17 to fit your application.

D4AD1B67-FB2B-4B51-8310-7F7788E5F874.jpeg
264B995A-D61E-4B0E-B19F-ACCC7CACD099.jpeg
0EA15EB1-E167-4E88-B4DB-E319D8F35AD4.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes much wider offset. No rubbing issues using them with 14mm hex. As for height they were supper close to stock. I just trimmed a hair off the rear arches so they wouldn’t rub on hard landings.

Here’s a senton body for perspective. It handles better with the wider stance but puts more strain on the steering and c hubs. Nothing has broken yet but I can see it happening eventually. Been running it hard since March though. The wheels are proline raids with removable hex adapters so you can put in 12/14/17 to fit your application.

View attachment 93475View attachment 93476View attachment 93477

Thanks for the pictures,.. i will keep an eye out for these. I am now in the market for new axles as well, fml. Just came inside from blowing the rear left cvd, I guess most have just been going to the upgraded #AR310870.

@Jason537 ouch. I’ve been lucky I guess. No axle issues between my 2 3s cars and 2 4s cars. You can go for those as an upgrade for sure, as long as your wallet can handle it.

Waiting for a couple replacement tires from HH, great warranty with them. Was wondering on the stock Dboots fortress if I can remove the worn tires and replace the rubber with something else, or are the rims strictly for those tires?

Thanks

I run these tires on the street with my Senton 3s. They are cheap and drift great with little to no traction roll.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014GQMFWY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are on my wishlist.

I bought some Pro-line street fighters for pavement, and have some Duratrax Lock up ST for off pavement. I have my original worn Dboots tires and rims,.. I want to put new rubber on the rims and was just wondering if any 2.2/3.0 tire would work.

Thanks

Last edited:
I really like the Street Fighters, the taller sidewall is a plus, the DT Lock up not so much, they had to be reglued and the sidewall folds over because it's not as tall, for the price you pay for them its not worth destroying them so quickly. If I could buy some cheap rubber and swap out on these stock Senton 3s rims, i'll be golden.

Thanks for the reply.
Yea I've learned my lesson on destroying tires. 60.00 dboots for my 6s Senton, gone in 60 seconds lol. Now it's just cheap stuff for the street. Off road is another story. Those goolrc tires fit for sure though.

I finally got the GoolRC tires,.. I really like them for an all terrain tire. I will still use my Street Fighters for asphalt and concrete.

I'm now in the works of swapping my Senton over to the Big Rock CC look, I have the body mounts, and frame side deflectors on order. I don't want to go to a 2.8 MT tire, but might try the Trenchers out for a wider look more stock so I don't have to change the 15T fitted pinion gear. Looking for other body options now other than the Ford looking BRCC. Tired of getting all the crap inside the body, and just looking for a different look.

Blew a rim yesterday morning on my GoolRc tires and rims, got a hold of Amazon customer service and I have 4 new completes coming for free. Overall, I really like these tires.

goolRC rim.jpg

Last edited:
I've been running pre-mounted Proline MX28's (17mm hex) since February. They are almost bald now, but they've held up. To be fair, I rarely run full throttle speed runs, I like power slides and jumps.

17mm proline badlands mx2.ive destroyed them all with 4s senton running 62mph on 22t.good so far bout 10packs.4 packs on notorious on 6s with 20t,they are tough..

20200907_183900.jpg

Blew a rim yesterday morning on my GoolRc tires and rims, got a hold of Amazon customer service and I have 4 new completes coming for free. Overall, I really like these tires.

View attachment 99787

Found another broken rim yesterday after a run. Tires are great,.. but I cannot recommend the rims the GoolRC tires come with. I will be mounting the new tires onto my factory Senton rims when they arrive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back