Ruh oh! Motor spins, car doesn’t move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Importphd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I’m new here and to the RC car Hobby. I was running my granite, accidentally caught some air of a berm. Car went end over end then rolled to a stop. Car’s wheels still turn, the motor spins up but car doesn’t move. I took the motor and housing out, tightened the small screw in the slipper plate. The car worked then had the same issue after starting and stopping about four times. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

I’m new here and to the RC car Hobby. I was running my granite, accidentally caught some air of a berm. Car went end over end then rolled to a stop. Car’s wheels still turn, the motor spins up but car doesn’t move. I took the motor and housing out, tightened the small screw in the slipper plate. The car worked then had the same issue after starting and stopping about four times. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!

Slipper loose again or pinion came loose. That's my guess.

lol...i just fixed mine...happened first run on the senton...

Now that I read what I wrote, that’s about right Mongoose. So I tightened mine back up and work for a few more runs then stopped again. I noticed on the exploded view there’s a tiny spring in the slipper. I don’t have that. Hmmm.

Last edited:
I didnt even look at mine that well..I just cranked it down hard and put back in...did a little test in basement so idk how long its even gonna last... did you tighten it a lot the first time?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back