Rumour mill: what's Arrma's next 1/8 car gonna be like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will without a doubt be a Marauder.

marauder.jpg

1/5 scale 8s Kraton wearing bigger version of the Backflips and enough room to shoehorn a 58x113 behind the motor mount

I'm in a bad mood, so my guess -

They will call it the "Typhon DB BLX3s" - a Desert Buggy style - 2.2 Unlimited racer body on the plastic MEGA 4x4 chassis. This is my "Bad Mood" prediction, because I would much rather see in on the Senton 6s chassis to make it a competitor to the AE Nomad or the Tekno - conversion DB410... But I kind of expect they will go the low cost route and use the Senton 3s platform - to make it compete against the Losi Tenacity DB instead.

Tekno SCT to DB conversion -

The hope that'll be a DB is the only thing keeping me from buying an Outcast. I really want a car with a cage around it ;-)

Yeah, I have been lusting after a SCBE from the first day they were announce. The newer Tenacity DB, not as much, but it still has that same GREAT body. A good Arrma DB would be the same, so long as the body looks good. If it looks like the HK Desert Fox, - well, that would suck.

There are not many holes in the line up, so what would they add? Plus there are rumors of a BLX3s version of the Typhon - I really don't see Arrma just slapping a Typhon body on a 3S Senton can calling it good - so a Typhon DB BLX 3s "kind of" makes sense...

I guess the other option would be a Gen2 Nero - a true beastly MT. But I think Arrma lost even the Nero name in the lawsuit (Maybe I'm wrong).

Yeah, I have been lusting after a SCBE from the first day they were announce. The newer Tenacity DB, not as much, but it still has that same GREAT body. A good Arrma DB would be the same, so long as the body looks good. If it looks like the HK Desert Fox, - well, that would suck.

There are not many holes in the line up, so what would they add? Plus there are rumors of a BLX3s version of the Typhon - I really don't see Arrma just slapping a Typhon body on a 3S Senton can calling it good - so a Typhon DB BLX 3s "kind of" makes sense...

I guess the other option would be a Gen2 Nero - a true beastly MT. But I think Arrma lost even the Nero name in the lawsuit (Maybe I'm wrong).

I'd rather have a wingless design like the yeti, db8 etc.

Do they make an on-road or rally car?
Not that I know of, so that is another direction they could go. Typhon with low profile GT8 style shock towers, give it a new spur (45t?), install a pinion that will hit 60, optional pinion that will hit 100mah. Then Traxxas can sue because they hold a patent on 100mph cars. LOL

Not that I know of, so that is another direction they could go. Typhon with low profile GT8 style shock towers, give it a new spur (45t?), install a pinion that will hit 60, optional pinion that will hit 100mah. Then Traxxas can sue because they hold a patent on 100mph cars. LOL
Then Arrma will just have to shoot for 110mph. LOL

Are you in a better mood today? I think that if it's based on their 1/8 vehicles that they should really work the Granite name into it. We don't have a 1/8 Granite yet and it would really broaden the range for the Granite name.

Are you in a better mood today?
LOL, yup. Family drama yesterday, sky is falling, bla bla bla...

1/8 Granite would be the Outcast? Or are you thinking the V2 Nero should be called Granite BLX6s? That would add to the confusion, and fit the Arrma naming Schema perfect. LOL
I wonder how a V2 Nero would work... Keep the TVP, ditch the exo-cage and laydown shocks( :( ) add traditional upright shocks. Beef up the driveline, give it the ThomasP chassis stretch, MAX6 and 4092 1400kv motor, call it the Granite BLX8S.

LOL, yup. Family drama yesterday, sky is falling, bla bla bla...

1/8 Granite would be the Outcast? Or are you thinking the V2 Nero should be called Granite BLX6s? That would add to the confusion, and fit the Arrma naming Schema perfect. LOL
I wonder how a V2 Nero would work... Keep the TVP, ditch the exo-cage and laydown shocks( :( ) add traditional upright shocks. Beef up the driveline, give it the ThomasP chassis stretch, MAX6 and 4092 1400kv motor, call it the Granite BLX8S.
I was thinking the 1/8 on road or desert buggy would be the Granite haha. But I really like where you are going with the BLX 8S.

*arrma z-02 101.2 mph

What ever came of the Kraton and Outcast BLX4S stuff? Tower had all those parts listed for those 2 vehicles. What was it wing and wing mount, wheels and tires and a few other odds and ends.

*arrma z-02 101.2 mph
It makes too much sense. We need to have either Senton or Granite in the name. LOL

What ever came of the Kraton and Outcast BLX4S stuff? Tower had all those parts listed for those 2 vehicles. What was it wing and wing mount, wheels and tires and a few other odds and ends.
I almost forgot about those. I wonder when those will be officially announced so that we can add more confusion into the mix?

Yeah, I wonder too. But there is still time before the holiday season for another product release.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back