Rumour mill: what's Arrma's next 1/8 car gonna be like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we all like new stuff, but I don't get a the negativity. I do agree this was over-hyped, but ya'll are acting like this is a sign Arrma is going down the toilet. Over on FB, there are some guys really losing their s**t over this NOT being a 1/5th scale... Common, guys, get real!

Yeah, so it is a Outcast with a new body. Yeah, it was over-hyped. But it is still a (known) bad-arse truck, with a new cool body. How is this a problem?

I actually agree that we shouldn't be pissed, but it takes time to advertise and hype something. I know the follow-up to that comment will be it wasn't much time, but still release several new bodies or that new paint scheme on the whole line of basher bodies (which I notice is 'patent pending', so 'F' off Traxxas!) Also, it's been mentioned before, but the names are getting extremely confusing. I have a 2wd Granite and the 4wd is so different. Now are we going to make a new category on here for Notorious? Or will we hope that all Outcast models and Notorious models will share parts? And keep all that talk on that section of the board?

I guess what I'm saying is people are going to be venting a lot for a couple days. I have a feeling a bunch of us we're hoping to spend money on another vehicle and now it seems there isn't a 'new' vehicle.

I know we all like new stuff, but I don't get a the negativity. I do agree this was over-hyped, but ya'll are acting like this is a sign Arrma is going down the toilet. Over on FB, there are some guys really losing their s**t over this NOT being a 1/5th scale... Common, guys, get real!

Yeah, so it is a Outcast with a new body. Yeah, it was over-hyped. But it is still a (known) bad-arse truck, with a new cool body. How is this a problem?
I wasn't trying to be negative, just stating that I was kind of let down. Yes, it is a sweet looking body and the real steel feature is pretty sweet, I had actually talked about and discussed on here awhile ago painting the outside of my body flat black and painting the inside neon green so that it showed through as it got roughed up. So that's cool that they are doing that.

The two things that were a letdown for me were 1. they did a teaser video/photo for this. Had they not done that and just announced it I would have been happy as hell. 2. They gave this a new name when it is 99.8% the same as the Outcast, when they could have called it Outcast Remix or something, but then they reuse other names on 100% dissimilar vehicles.

Like I said, not negative just kind of like "what the hell?" Hopefully we get a Siren or Kraton XL in the future sometime. Regardless, something fresh and new is something fresh and new and we have more than what we did before, so I am happy that they are still working on new stuff.

Last edited:
I agree the reaction from some is a little over the top , all this really shows is Horizon marketing is a little more, hmmm, inclined to over hype releases. ARRMA can't win it seems with naming , people were pissed the Mega 4x4 / BLX were called a Senton/Granite as they shared no lineage to the prior, now people are pissed that they renamed a truck with an identical prior lineage. It is confusing for those new to ARRMA , but personally I couldnt care less what they call the trucks, I just want some bloody spares to get the broken Senton 4x4 rolling again..., I digress..

I don't facebook so I haven't seen what's all the hype on there so I can't comment what has or hasn't been said.

As for here on ArrmaForum. Maybe I've missed it but I haven't seen any major negativity here either and nor have I see anyone here say it's a sign that Arrma is going down the toilet. Again maybe I've missed it.

I think most everyone here is saying exactly what you just said and that this has been greatly over-hyped. Further it's a new "name" for the exact same RC with a different body and as already pointed out here there are models that share the exact same name but nothing else is related. Just makes you go "huh?".

Not to be a jerk, but man, I'm super glad it is what it is. After buying my first Arrma a few weeks ago being an Outcast, I was going to be annoyed if they came out with a new version now.

Kind of like the brushless revo all over again. I guess I had it for over a year before they revamped the stupid thing. They did so much to the core of it that you would spend nearly full price piecing a V2 together... and now that I have an outcast and savage flux hp, I really have no need for the brushless revo. Don't have the heart to tell my wife as she got it for me as a Christmas present. :( Still looks nice sitting on the shelf... lol!

I am kind of wondering if all of the 2019 versions of their vehicles will add the "real steel" bodies? That would be kind of cool to see them use that inside and outside painted bodies on all of their vehicles.

Yes! That's what I'm hoping too! And what I wished they originally did with such a hyped promo.

I agree. But just a question to play devils advocate. What would you change and/or improve? Maybe better electronics (servo included)?

Servo and mount, rear CVD design so dirt doesn't kill bearings so quickly, motor mount, shock ends (the v3 are weaker than v2...) , Sway bar supports. Maybe the braces too. Nothing major actually.

So there is the option to pre order. Does anyone know when will they be available?

Was looking forward to something big...but at least we all saved some coin...
Hmm might go toward the next dji drone

So there is the option to pre order. Does anyone know when will they be available?

I don’t but I think I am going to get one. I’ve been wanting and Outcast and I like this body better, especially in black.

IMG_7410.PNG

Here in Europe you can only start finding the 2018 cars, it's only 2018 outcast and Talion in the shops. Soooo yeah.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back