Kraton Runaway Kraton - Radio interference or faulty electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes!...This should be the place for a nice get together...BBQ, beer, bashing...Oh wait, I don't drink...What do you think @WoodiE and @Unusual RC ?...Should be do able?...Just a itibity drive to the Airport... :D

Haha I don't drink either. Gave up 5 years ago , thats why I can afford to run 15 RC cars. No beer = RC parts haha

On another note, I got my Savox 1268 today. Installed it in the Kraton with a Castle 10amp BEC. As soon as I connected the batteries and switched it on, the ESC started smoking so I diconnected the battery and the earth wire on the ESC to RX plug was fried and the plastic coating on the wire melted within seconds. I can assume this stock ESC is now toast. In the meantime, I need to get a new ESC that will work with the stock motor. The Quicrun 8BL150 seems the go but I'm worried the stock motor may pull too many amps.

Here's a PIC of my fried esc:
hdr_1444043518926.jpg
hdr_1444043467791.jpg
hdr_1444043417625.jpg

Does anyone know what could've caused this? I guess this is why my stock servo fried first? It's a costly upgrade that's for sure. Half the price of the new Kraton in upgrading the ESC and servo, not to mention a new motor most likely soon after the stock motor fails. What next? The diffs? It's gonna get expensive and if it keeps happening, I'm gonna sell it as a roller.

Does anyone know what could've caused this? I guess this is why my stock servo fried first? It's a costly upgrade that's for sure. Half the price of the new Kraton in upgrading the ESC and servo, not to mention a new motor most likely soon after the stock motor fails. What next? The diffs? It's gonna get expensive and if it keeps happening, I'm gonna sell it as a roller.

That looks like it was caused by a short. Possibly internal to the esc, but my money would be on the external wiring. Check the red and black wire on the Rx lead off the esc right where it exits the receiver box. I have pinched those there before but thankfully not bad enough to cause a short. If this is what happened, there is an outside chance that esc is still good once those wires are repaired.

That looks like it was caused by a short. Possibly internal to the esc, but my money would be on the external wiring. Check the red and black wire on the Rx lead off the esc right where it exits the receiver box. I have pinched those there before but thankfully not bad enough to cause a short. If this is what happened, there is an outside chance that esc is still good once those wires are repaired.

Im not sure what it was but the last time I ran it, the servo got fried. Then a week later, I replace the servo and the ESC got fried. I had never even opened the receiver box prior to changing to the new servo. The odd thing is, I never even put the receiver box lid back on but I connected two batteries (4s) just to centre the new servo and this fried within seconds of switching it on. The only wire to get fried was the brown earth wire. If you look at the other wires, they look fine. I wonder now if the RX has also sizzled and will be of no use? I will have to test it with some old 1/10 esc's I changed out of my crawlers to see if it's any good. I've contacted ARRMA about it because my Kraton is still only 20 battery runs old or less. They are gonna contact the local distributor and work something out for me. I appreciate their quick reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back