Kraton Runaway Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SniperXx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Was running my Kraton yesterday which I got used but only had a few runs on it. Anyway the radio and esc seem to keep loosing signal with each other at times when they shouldn't have been far enough away to do so. Well after about 30 mins the truck decides to take off. I didn't bother chasing it because I knew I couldn't catch it so I waited to see where it stopped. It hit hard enough to throw out the batteries and bend the front drive shaft. Luckily thats all that I can see that broke.

Anyway are these esc's or radio system known to have issues? Im about to afraid to run it again. Im lucky thats all that broke.

Was running my Kraton yesterday which I got used but only had a few runs on it. Anyway the radio and esc seem to keep loosing signal with each other at times when they shouldn't have been far enough away to do so. Well after about 30 mins the truck decides to take off. I didn't bother chasing it because I knew I couldn't catch it so I waited to see where it stopped. It hit hard enough to throw out the batteries and bend the front drive shaft. Luckily thats all that I can see that broke.

Anyway are these esc's or radio system known to have issues? Im about to afraid to run it again. Im lucky thats all that broke.
I too had a runaway Kraton incident a while back, but was able to get her stopped, still had some steering. I recalibrated the controller to ESC and it's been fine since then. Make sure to always power controller before ESC, then shutdown ESC, then controller. These rigs are weird like that.

I'll try to recalibrate. It took off on me while driving. It stopped for a couple secs on then suddenly took off. Luckily it didn't go full power since I had it on 6s.

BTW the front drive shaft that's bent can it be bent back and reused? Or is that a bad idea? Thanks

Make sure you didn't move the throttle trim setting on the controller too.
I hit my trim setting on my Senton and it shot across my living room and blasted into the wall. My bad for not having it sitting on a stand........ lesson learned in my case.

I'll try to recalibrate. It took off on me while driving. It stopped for a couple secs on then suddenly took off. Luckily it didn't go full power since I had it on 6s.

BTW the front drive shaft that's bent can it be bent back and reused? Or is that a bad idea? Thanks
It is possible to straighten them, I've done it by playing blacksmith with a hammer before on a wood garage counter and small pieces of wood to elevate one end. I will say it's difficult to get them completely straight again. If it's really wobbly despite your best efforts, I'd say replace it. I recently straightened 2 bent rear chassis using a workbench edge and brute force. Seemed to work fine.

It is possible to straighten them, I've done it by playing blacksmith with a hammer before on a wood garage counter and small pieces of wood to elevate one end. I will say it's difficult to get them completely straight again. If it's really wobbly despite your best efforts, I'd say replace it. I recently straightened 2 bent rear chassis using a workbench edge and brute force. Seemed to work fine.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking over the truck it's seems there maybe more damage then I thought. The chassis looks bowed downward where I think it hit so hard. It hit dead center of the front. I'm certain the chassis is suppose to be straight. Guess I'm going to have to do some bending.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looking over the truck it's seems there maybe more damage then I thought. The chassis looks bowed downward where I think it hit so hard. It hit dead center of the front. I'm certain the chassis is suppose to be straight. Guess I'm going to have to do some bending.
The front should bend upwards a bit normally, rest should be flat all the way back. This happens to me a lot, doesn't seem too bad at first, then you start finding/noticing other tweaked or broken stuff as you investigate more.

The front should bend upwards a bit normally, rest should be flat all the way back. This happens to me a lot, doesn't seem too bad at first, then you start finding/noticing other tweaked or broken stuff as you investigate more.

It hit hard then because the chassis is slightly bowed downward. I don't think its bad enough to replace. I bet if it had hit on one of the wheels it would have done some major damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back