Running (2) 3s or (1) 6s pack?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aneft

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
Hey all! Does anyone know if it is better to run two 3s packs in series as opposed to one 6s pack? Seems to me that a single pack would be more efficient. Any performance differences?

Most of the time 2 3s lipos cost more than 1 6s does and they also weigh a bit more.
Case in point $75 for 1 6s. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy...RGjboZniAWIOmDREYSRoCr88QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

$90 for 2 3s https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-heavy-duty-5000mah-3s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90.html

Yes for turnigy that is correct..?

I run zeee batts.. 2 3s 6000mah 60c is $70

1 6s 6000mah 50c is $70 as well, (but for 50c)..

in zeee's case, you get more battery cheaper in 2 3s packs than you do in one 6s pack...✌

Yes for turnigy that is correct..?

I run zeee batts.. 2 3s 6000mah 60c is $70

1 6s 6000mah 50c is $70 as well, (but for 50c)..

in zeee's case, you get more battery cheaper in 2 3s packs than you do in one 6s pack...✌
Not really C Rates are at the end of the day just a marketing gimmick. I bet you dollars to donuts they use the exact same cells between their 3s and their 6s packs(actually for all of their batteries). I am willing to bet that if you bought 1 of the 3s and 1 of the 6s lipos and load tested them they would be very close in amp output.

Last edited:
^^^This (y)
Between 50C and 60C. You are just splitting hairs. Insignificant difference even if they are accurate C's, they are the same.
Concentrate on Mah.

Not really C Rates are at the end of the day just a marketing gimmick. I bet you dollars to donuts they use the exact same cells between their 3s and their 6s packs(actually for all of their batteries). I am willing to bet that if you bought 1 of the 3s and 1 of the 6s lipos and load tested them they would be very close in amp output.

Ok, since we will disregard c rating... my point still stands.. it can be cheaper to acquire 2 3s packs than 1 6s pack...??..

Screenshot_20201226-184607_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201226-184914_Samsung Internet.jpg

i use two 3s so i can share with my 3s rigs (all hardcase) but next battery i get will be a 6s.
ive used Zeee, Hoovo, Powerhobby and Spectrum. I rank Zeee the lowest, no testing just by running it, it always seems to give me the least run time/power. the most has been Powerhobby and Spectrum

Back