Typhon Running 3s lipo on 6s vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi everyone,

I just bought a new Typhon 6s BLX 4x4 v3, and I bought 2 new 3s lipo's. Now was I wondering, is it okay to run a 4s-6s vehicle on a single 3s battery?

I have the stock BLX185 motor set.

The batteries are both the same:
-gensacearespammers Bashing
-5000 mah
-50C continous discharge rate
-3s LiPo

Thanks!

Last edited:
EDIT: The esc says it can according to the blx185 spec page BUT not sure about the motor though. it might try to draw too many amps and the esc may struggle to keep up with it and you'll damage something. Hopefully some else more knowledgeable can chime in but I wouldn't try it until I was sure.

BATTERY USAGE3S LiPo (11.1), 4S LiPo (14.8) or 6S LiPo (22.2V) Stick Pack

Last edited:
@Sledgehog

Thank you for your reply!

I also have read that the esc can take a 3s, but i just wanted to make sure it can, because i can't find anything about 6s vehicles running on single 3-cells.

If someone knows more about this, please reply!

Thanks!

Run a loop plug on one of the escs battery plug then run a single 3s pack. The esc is spec'd for a single 3s but the motor will just run slow. It won't draw a lot of amps with a single 3s. You run two batteries in series for 6s so you don't double the mah or the C rate the amps that can be supplied on a single 3s are the same when two are ran in series for 6s.

Run a loop plug on one of the escs battery plug then run a single 3s pack. The esc is spec'd for a single 3s but the motor will just run slow. It won't draw a lot of amps with a single 3s. You run two batteries in series for 6s so you don't double the mah or the C rate the amps that can be supplied on a single 3s are the same when two are ran in series for 6s.

@Cheapbastard

Alright! Thanks for your quick reply!

Will the speed drop by half or will it be faster than half? I don't really want to spend even more money on RC related things, but if it is super slow, i'll buy a 4s or 6s as an extra battery.

@Cheapbastard

Alright! Thanks for your quick reply!

Will the speed drop by half or will it be faster than half? I don't really want to spend even more money on RC related things, but if it is super slow, i'll buy a 4s or 6s as an extra battery.

I don't own a 6s rig but I have run 1/10th scale on 4s (two 2s) same thing really (running in series just two 2s instead of two 3s). The thing is when you run two packs in series or even parallel you want them be not only be the exact same in rating plus brand but also age.

Speed can't really say for your case as I don't have a Typhon. I say run one 3s for a few minutes if you feel it's not for you fine but if it's something you feel is ok for running every now and then get another single 3s battery then save the other two you already have for 6s running.

I don't own a 6s rig but I have run 1/10th scale on 4s (two 2s) same thing really (running in series just two 2s instead of two 3s). The thing is when you run two packs in series or even parallel you want them be not only be the exact same in rating plus brand but also age.

Speed can't really say for your case as I don't have a Typhon. I say run one 3s for a few minutes if you feel it's not for you fine but if it's something you feel is ok for running every now and then get another single 3s battery then save the other two you already have for 6s running.

Okay!

Thank you for your help!

@Sledgehog

Thank you for your reply!

I also have read that the esc can take a 3s, but i just wanted to make sure it can, because i can't find anything about 6s vehicles running on single 3-cells.

If someone knows more about this, please reply!

Thanks!
My daughter runs her talion on 3s daily at least a pack a day for a couple months now and my son ran his outcast on 3s for a few dozen packs before he moved up to 4s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back