Kraton Running 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmine

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys new member here. I have a arrma kraton 6s and im interested in doing a motor upgrade. However i seem to find myself always running my 4s battery my question is what kind of motor pinon swap can i do if any that would give awesome power and performance if i were to run just 4s lipo.

Welcome @Carmine if you are just running 4s there's really no need to swop out the blx motor. it is a fine motor for the kratons stock weight on 4s or 6s. if you only run 4s you can up the pinion and try a 16t or bigger. buy a few cheap ones on ebay and try them out and then buy a good one the size you like. you will want to take the temperature of the motor while increasing the size of the pinion. I cheap infrared thermometer will do. Try to cheap the motor in the 170F range.

Welcome @Carmine if you are just running 4s there's really no need to swop out the blx motor. it is a fine motor for the kratons stock weight on 4s or 6s. if you only run 4s you can up the pinion and try a 16t or bigger. buy a few cheap ones on ebay and try them out and then buy a good one the size you like. you will want to take the temperature of the motor while increasing the size of the pinion. I cheap infrared thermometer will do. Try to cheap the motor in the 170F range.
Hey thanks yeah i think your right the stock setup is pretty good using 4s. But im kind of gear head and wanted to change things up so ive decided to say screw it run 6s and i ordered a hobbystar 4092 14
The stock setup is very good indeed but im a gear head that likes to change things up lol. I decided after much research to say screw it I purchased a hobbystar 4092 1480kv motor and a max 6 esc along with some different size pinons ect and im just gonna stick to 6s i hate switching between 4 and 6s i like running one or the other.
Hey thanks yeah i think your right the stock setup is pretty good using 4s. But im kind of gear head and wanted to change things up so ive decided to say screw it run 6s and i ordered a hobbystar 4092 14

The stock setup is very good indeed but im a gear head that likes to change things up lol. I decided after much research to say screw it I purchased a hobbystar 4092 1480kv motor and a max 6 esc along with some different size pinons ect and im just gonna stick to 6s i hate switching between 4 and 6s i like running one or the other.
Sry about that reply it got all messed up its my first day on the forum lol

Last edited:
I don't run that hobbystar but plenty do. some with the hobbywing Max8 and some with the Max6. definitely will make a big difference. you will want to buy a few pinions to try. The 1400kv will be slower with the stock ones. maybe start at 20+, look around on youtube, I think @Rich Duperbash runs the 1430kv with the max8. I'm sure he goes over it in one of his videos. I think @bicketybam runs the higher kv one but I'm not sure. I think he rips it up on his channel with the max6.

I don't run that hobbystar but plenty do. some with the hobbywing Max8 and some with the Max6. definitely will make a big difference. you will want to buy a few pinions to try. The 1400kv will be slower with the stock ones. maybe start at 20+, look around on youtube, I think @Rich Duperbash runs the 1430kv with the max8. I'm sure he goes over it in one of his videos. I think @bicketybam runs the higher kv one but I'm not sure. I think he rips it up on his channel with the max6.
for sure i got a set of pinons i believe 19 -22 if i can remember correctly im super excited thanks for the reply.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back