Big Rock Running a 3S battery on a 4S system?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Wanting to put a 130a Firma ESC and a 2400kv BLX motor in my BR v3 but still only run my 3s batteries for the time being. My question is will I still at least achieve the same proformace that im currently getting on my stock 3s setup?

The reason I'm wanting to do this is so when I run a larger pinion gear in the summer time my hopes are that the electronics will run cooler., Also it gives me the ability to run a 4s battery in the future if I decide to.

You will need to run a higher tooth pinion to compensate for the lower kv. Besides that, I think you should be fine.
You might even get more performance than before if you can gear up enough.

Instead of the stock 4s motor, get a 4068 2400kv motor. It will heat up less and have more torque.

You will need to run a higher tooth pinion to compensate for the lower kv. Besides that, I think you should be fine.
You might even get more performance than before if you can gear up enough.
Do you think I will get less runtime on the battery with this set up compared to the 3S

3s LiPos aren't expensive, so that shouldn't be a problem. I don't think it would reduce runtime by a lot anyway. A few minutes at most

Wanting to put a 130a Firma ESC and a 2400kv BLX motor in my BR v3 but still only run my 3s batteries for the time being. My question is will I still at least achieve the same proformace that im currently getting on my stock 3s setup?

The reason I'm wanting to do this is so when I run a larger pinion gear in the summer time my hopes are that the electronics will run cooler., Also it gives me the ability to run a 4s battery in the future if I decide to.
did exactly what you are asking in a senton. Mamba X/2400, I’m geared with a 25t pinion runs cool on 3s handles 4 as it should. Didn’t notice any less run time coming from stock blx gear. I run 8k mah Zeees 30+ Min run time a pack every outting

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back