Notorious Running in sand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run it wherever you like, but you better be happy with dismantling and cleaning it after. This applies to any rc. First thing I would do is replace the bearings with rubber sealed ones. This includes the eight at all four corners, four on each gear box, and the two for the center dif. The steel shield stock bearing will get eaten up in no time if you run in the sand. Sand will also likely get into the gear boxes as the chassis flexes, so that's another area of concern.

Sand is fun but a nightmare to keep clean and hard on everything!

Sand is fun but a nightmare to keep clean and hard on everything!
I always drive in loose sand and actually it is very easy on your drivetrain, it works like a slipper clutch.
And landings are much softer. So it has advantages. Use a lot of grease as shown in the video @Notorious J posted and you will be fine.

Last edited:
I always drive in loose sand an actually is very easy on your drive train, it works like a slipper clutch.
And landings are much softer. So it has advantages. Use a lot of grease as shown in the video @Notorious J posted and you will be fine.

It was actually @crimsonfancy that posted @Primarrma's video.

Seal everything up with some Red n Tacky and you should be better off. Yes there will be more cleaning, but it is honestly a part of the hobby.

Sand is more forgiving then any other surface to run on. I run on it any chance I get

Attachments

• IMG_20200421_193131_01.jpg
    IMG_20200421_193131_01.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 34
One thing to note is @Khaos is from Florida so he is most likely talking about running on a beach somewhere and beach sand contains a lot of salt and is oftentimes wet. Normal water on an rc makes things start to rust now add sea salt into the mix and that can be very bad in the long run.

Aww hell naw sand you serious bro haha ? By all means do as you do but get ready for a complete mad tear down, one exception don’t have to do center diff I haha have fun with that make sure you have simple green and 3 hrs to spare if you haven’t already went just my sense but who am I

Aww hell naw sand you serious bro haha ? By all means do as you do but get ready for a complete mad tear down, one exception don’t have to do center diff I haha have fun with that make sure you have simple green and 3 hrs to spare if you haven’t already went just my sense but who am I
It's not that bad. Grease is your best friend, NOT simple green, that makes things worse.
I put grease on all arms at the points were they move against other parts and the bearings. It will form a protective layer.
It looks like the picture below.

DON'T clean it with any fluid because it will get dirt into the bearing. Just leave it this way, everything will last longer.
Clean your front and rear diffs regularly (i do it per 8 runs)

1588707797912.png

thank you all for your replies yes i do live in Florida running on the beach wasnt in my thought but living near the coast sand is everywhere just ripping in the grass field behind my house ive notice it. I do plan on doing a bearing upgrade but noticed 2 different sets maybe pre V4 and V4 shrugs.

thank you all for your replies yes i do live in Florida running on the beach wasnt in my thought but living near the coast sand is everywhere just ripping in the grass field behind my house ive notice it. I do plan on doing a bearing upgrade but noticed 2 different sets maybe pre V4 and V4 shrugs.
Can you post a link to the 2 sets?

Can you post a link to the 2 sets?
Maybe I miss read lol it happens. i Saw Jim’s has a Basher kit is that overkill or suited for what I need seems along simular pricing as fast eddie and avid. I do know ceramic would be to much trying to upgrade with parts without breaking the bank lol (outcast / notorious same as far as bearings yes?)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back