Running in the grass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kisco

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I have just ran my Arrma Fury Mega in the grass for about 30 seconds and all of a sudden it stopped and made a weird noise, I could see some little some coming from it and it did smell. Apparently it falls under the warranty, but how would I get a replacement or what do I need to do? I am new to the Arrma and how they work.

Indeed contact Arrma.
But the MEGA brushed motor is a cheap one, and notorious for burning out easily.

That said, grass for non-monster truck 1:10 scale vehicles is often too much!

Think of driving a Honda Civic into a corn field. That is the scale equivalent for your RC.

So next time, unless it is maximum an inch tall, do not drive through grass ;)

I have just ran my Arrma Fury Mega in the grass for about 30 seconds and all of a sudden it stopped and made a weird noise, I could see some little some coming from it and it did smell. Apparently it falls under the warranty, but how would I get a replacement or what do I need to do? I am new to the Arrma and how they work.
Hey! I see you came here from the goforit! welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay here :)

oh yeah, here is the link, just follow what is says to where you are located and you should call that number: http://www.arrma-rc.com/support/contact

I too burned up the stock 15T Mega motor by running in grass (mowed lawn). It took all of 2 battery packs. Arrma sent me a new motor under warranty but I never installed it. I don't fully agree with the "Civic in a corn field" analogy because the Fury is a SCT, not a Civic. I think we can agree that a real-life SCT would have no issues driving in a corn field. Plus, R/C rigs are way over-engineered vs their 1:1 counterparts. I have run my Tamiya Grasshopper and Frog (both much smaller than my Fury) in my yard for years with stock "silver can" 27T brushed motors with zero ill effects.

I think that Arrma has geared the Mega Fury for speed runs on pavement or hard packed dirt. 35+ MPH! makes for a nice graphic on the box to sell kits. So if you elect to use the replacement 15T Mega motor that Arrma sends you, I'd suggest lowering the gearing a bit for more torque and less speed. If you don't want to mess with buying a new pinion, you could always stop running in the grass as Unusual suggests. ;) A third option would be to ditch the stock motor. I know for a fact, from personal experience, that both the Tamiya Dirt Tuned and the Tamiya Super Stock BZ motors will work quite nicely in the Fury.

If you want to keep the speed you feel with the 15T Mega motor but gain reliability I suggest you upgrade to the Castle Sidewinder SCT 3800kV combo with 3.2mm shaft. IMHO that is one of the best bangs for the buck you can get and it works a treat in my Fury.

I'm glad that's worked out for you. Personally I'm not a fan of no-name electrics but who am I to judge? If it's working well for you, kudos!

I never used to be a fan of the no-name stuff either,but I've since learned that there are quite a few gems to be found there. Having quite a large family,two children,three step-daughters and three grand-kids,money is shall we say 'tight',so I've had to cut my cloth accordingly,hence the looking into the no-name brands.

Li
Indeed contact Arrma.
But the MEGA brushed motor is a cheap one, and notorious for burning out easily.

That said, grass for non-monster truck 1:10 scale vehicles is often too much!

Think of driving a Honda Civic into a corn field. That is the scale equivalent for your RC.

So next time, unless it is maximum an inch tall, do not drive through grass ;)
Litterally laughing over here! :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back