Kraton Running Trencher X's on 6s...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to attempt it. Might be needing to gear up a little though, don't really know what to expect running the stock gearing at 15/46. I'm seriously hoping the Trencher X will get 12" tall. My Monster Revo was running 17/56 & the first generation Trenchers would get 12" tall, unless only one side would unload. Then I think it's closer to 15" and about 1/8" wide FB_IMG_1457285287838.jpg

I am going to attempt it. Might be needing to gear up a little though, don't really know what to expect running the stock gearing at 15/46. I'm seriously hoping the Trencher X will get 12" tall. My Monster Revo was running 17/56 & the first generation Trenchers would get 12" tall, unless only one side would unload. Then I think it's closer to 15" and about 1/8" wide FB_IMG_1457285287838.jpg
FB_IMG_1457287711119.jpg

I am going to attempt it. Might be needing to gear up a little though, don't really know what to expect running the stock gearing at 15/46. I'm seriously hoping the Trencher X will get 12" tall. My Monster Revo was running 17/56 & the first generation Trenchers would get 12" tall, unless only one side would unload. Then I think it's closer to 15" and about 1/8" wide View attachment 9528

View attachment 9529
Haha looks like saw blades. Are you worried about them blowing apart? Are you going to tape them? I'm wanting more traction but don't want to blow apart $80 tires lol.

Haha looks like saw blades. Are you worried about them blowing apart? Are you going to tape them? I'm wanting more traction but don't want to blow apart $80 tires lol.
I was testing them to see if I could kill them, and I failed! Those are pretty tough tires!!! I will try the new X versions and get back to ya

Ive heard about people putting them in the oven for a bit. Not sure what temperature or how long. I've also read about people using braided fishing line on the outside to help prevent ballooning.

I'm going to buy the Fazon rear body mount. Gonna builda plate for the GoPro, I really want to see the tires ballooning. Up close!!!

I run trencher x on my Kraton with 6s and I run the 14t pinion with the stock spur gear. Haven't had any issues with my tires yet. I vented them to allow the water out. They have recently developed a slight wobble at the upper 15% of the throttle range, but I don't usually go that fast anyways.

The guy at the hobby store I bought them from said not to run them on 6s but I'm thinking it's all about throttle control. Maybe there is an over heating issue to worry about as well with running trenchers x's on 6s?

I've been running them on my Kraton for a while now. They get MEGA grip and balloon a lot on 6s so you'll want to add some thicker center diff fluid to balance out the power. Throttle control is key!

full

Yep got 50/100/7 lol haven't changed out the back diff fluid yet lol

I've been running them on my Kraton for a while now. They get MEGA grip and balloon a lot on 6s so you'll want to add some thicker center diff fluid to balance out the power. Throttle control is key!

full
Any issues with the motor getting hot?

I'd just watch them a bit closer when running these massive tires. A larger rotating mass and much better traction will add more load to your stock electronics, diffs etc.

Thanks for the input. I'll be keeping a closer eye on it. Not trying to fry anything just yet lol. My kraton is only 2 months old so I'm trying to take it "easy" lol?

Thanks for the input. I'll be keeping a closer eye on it. Not trying to fry anything just yet lol. My kraton is only 2 months old so I'm trying to take it "easy" lol?

My last run i had the big fat mx38, 14t, front dirt guard and tall sidrguards and shroud cover....not insane bashin mostly just driving around maybe half throttle...burned melted destroyed esc anf some other plastics too

My last run i had the big fat mx38, 14t, front dirt guard and tall sidrguards and shroud cover....not insane bashin mostly just driving around maybe half throttle...burned melted destroyed esc anf some other plastics too
Ouch stock esc? Man that's what I don't to have happen lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back