Senton Runtime(speedruns)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exc3l

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
Hello there I am running a 20 tooth pinion gear on my senton3s. I was lately doing speed runs and the battery only lasted for 10 mins. Slapped some hot racing shocks on there and went jumping it lasted for 1 hour. Is it normal for batteries to go flat that fast when doing speed runs. Also it lasts 10 mins while doing speed runs then I can turn it of then back on the it lasts another 10-15 mins. Is it adaptors that im using or something with my ESC. ANYTHING WOULD HELP Thanks!

A heavy finger on the trigger = amp draw + battery sag.

That lost voltage of battery sag will come back in like 10min, that's perfectly normal. High quality batteries might sag a little less.
If the adapters don't de-solder themselves, you should be fine. Even T-plugs can handle way more than they are rated for.

Batteries do not recover like that.
Your ESC is overheating and going into thermal shutdown, that's all.
If you can cycle power and it works again, it's a sure sign of thermal shutdown.

Careful, if the ESC overheats it's almost a given that the motor overheats as well.

Give it a break between runs, jump a little, speed a little and avoid overheating. It will kill your motor as it has no thermal protection.
Or you have to add both motor fans and upgrade your ESC fan.

If you can cycle power and it works again, it's a sure sign of thermal shutdown.

Careful, if the ESC overheats it's almost a given that the motor overheats as well.

Give it a break between runs, jump a little, speed a little and avoid overheating. It will kill your motor as it has no thermal protection.
Im sure as it doesn't overheat. It gets warm but it goes into limp after 10 seconds it cuts off. I turn it off and back on and it fine

Obviously it's all guess work. He didn't mention anything about heat. And batteries do recover like that. Most voltage sag returns. It's more noticeable with low capacity packs, it all depends on quality and capacity. Anyone flying drones(as example because of the extreme low capacity) knows that returning home after an afternoon of flying most lipo packs have at least 30% of their capacity recovered.

Obviously it's all guess work. He didn't mention anything about heat. And batteries do recover like that. Most voltage sag returns. It's more noticeable with low capacity packs, it all depends on quality and capacity. Anyone flying drones(as example because of the extreme low capacity) knows that returning home after an afternoon of flying most lipo packs have at least 30% of their capacity recovered.
I will test both of your answers on this situation. Next time I go for speed runs, after school this Friday I will bring a laser temperature tester thing And I will see the temp to make sure it not over heating. I will also buy a a lipo voltage check and see if its sag or a have a lipo on the way out.

Stock equipment has thermal cut off? If so, how do you know what the thermal cut off temp is?

Interesting and good to know.

I’ve got a Kraton 8s and big rock v3. I’ve def over heated my ESC and motor on my K8S, but no thermal cut off. I’m not expecting to run my big rock that hard, but doubted there was any thermal cut off features based off the experience with my K8S

For the BLX100, the ESC thermal protection kicks in at 105 ÂşC:

BLX100 Temp.png

The Kraton 8S manual doesn't specify thermal limits for cutoff, but it has two thermal cutoffs, one for ESC temperature and another for capacitor temperature.

Hello there I am running a 20 tooth pinion gear on my senton3s. I was lately doing speed runs and the battery only lasted for 10 mins. Slapped some hot racing shocks on there and went jumping it lasted for 1 hour. Is it normal for batteries to go flat that fast when doing speed runs. Also it lasts 10 mins while doing speed runs then I can turn it of then back on the it lasts another 10-15 mins. Is it adaptors that im using or something with my ESC. ANYTHING WOULD HELP Thanks!
My senton blx100 did same thing on 20t or bigger.i started using blx185 an a h-wing 150a,hasn't happened since.bigger esc solved it for me,even running on 3s.
My senton blx100 did same thing on 20t or bigger.i started using blx185 an a h-wing 150a,hasn't happened since.bigger esc solved it for me,even running on 3s.
also got rid of the horrible 20t COGGING

While using cheap batteries (no adapter) I was experiencing similar issues when running a 26t pinion in my typhon. Got an SMC Graphene and I can now hold full throttle long enough to get an accurate GPS reading without LVC kicking in from the excessive voltage drop. Hope you get it figured out.

I now your young an I know how expensive this stuff can be and I know you want to go faster I got an old blx185 ESC sitting that I'll give you you can find out how much it cost to ship from St Louis Missouri to Canada if that's where you're at if it's no to much I'll send it to you can have it.for goood speed #'s you'll get better results above 3s.

I now your young an I know how expensive this stuff can be and I know you want to go faster I got an old blx185 ESC sitting that I'll give you you can find out how much it cost to ship from St Louis Missouri to Canada if that's where you're at if it's no to much I'll send it to you can have it.for goood speed #'s you'll get better results above 3s.
I will check!
I will check!
currently in school lol
Its $10-25 USD.

Last edited:
Check with your parents an make sure it's okay to give me your address,and I'll send it to ya.40$ 4068 high kv motor an you'll have so fun with that.3,4,an 6s will get you some better speed #'s an it should prevent the problems your having.

I'll give you esc,an pay to ship it.u buy your own motor.you could still run stock motor on 3s with blx185.maybe 4s on short run.hard on blx100 motor.if I was you I'd spend 40$ on a 4068 2650kv motor.thats what I run an love it.lots torque an high rpms.you'll no problems running a 26t with this setup.on 4s I got 62mph.on 6s I got 78mph then senton would go airborne. Keep it on the ground and 80ish mph.the esc I'm giving you is in this pic

20200920_100936.jpg

It's got xt90 plugs.i have ic5 batteries,the ic5 batteries plug into xt90 plugs on esc thou

Ok @K-BASH . I always loved this forum. But NOW I LOVE IT EVEN MORE. Every one like U and @jondilly1974 are always the first ones to respond with my newbie questions. But don't forget the other people that always come in and help!
Ok @K-BASH . I always loved this forum. But NOW I LOVE IT EVEN MORE. Every one like U and @jondilly1974 are always the first ones to respond with my newbie questions. But don't forget the other people that always come in and help!
is that battery covered in duct tape. If so why and should I do it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back