Typhon RWB Porsche Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230127_005645.jpg

I'm going to just stake a big sheet of plastic across the belly. It's a Rough World etc

That Delta 911 body looks way better mounted up on your car than it does on their website. Can't wait to see where this goes! (y)
I totally agree. I wanted a pre-‘94 911 body for what eventually became my Bug bodied Typhon but the pictures on the Delta Plastics site looked…wrong. Maybe just the photos messing up the proportions? This one looks great, I might just have a go at it!
Nice build, man. Street Typhons are the schizzle.

View attachment 273305

I'm going to just stake a big sheet of plastic across the belly. It's a Rough World etc
Damnit. Now I want to buy these parts for my typhon. The SWB with the infraction parts looks amazing just sitting there

I totally agree. I wanted a pre-‘94 911 body for what eventually became my Bug bodied Typhon but the pictures on the Delta Plastics site looked…wrong. Maybe just the photos messing up the proportions? This one looks great, I might just have a go at it!
Nice build, man. Street Typhons are the schizzle.
IKR? I always thought the 911 looked hideous and misshapen on the Delta page. You know what? Perhaps @Relimar is using a tele lens. I hear that those have a slimming effect on the hips which is why they're popular with the ladies.

Nah man, that thing just looks good as it sits there. I was thinking I might have to have a go at it too sometime.

Last edited:
IKR? I always thought the 911 looked hideous and misshapen on the Delta page. You know what? Perhaps @Relimar is using a tele lens. I hear that those have a slimming effect on the hips which is why they're popular with the ladies.

Nah man, that thing just looks good as it sits there. I was thinking I might have to have a go at it too sometime.
If you did, what livery would you use? I’m thinking Martini or Rothmans. I’d probably go Rothmans.

Intended for Senton mounts for some unknown reason. Senton mounts attach directly to the diff housing and don't work with a Typhon, so that will need to be sorted.
meh, I already ordered a set of these hoping I could use them on a Typhon with one of the DP bodies. I will have to follow along and see how you sort this out.

meh, I already ordered a set of these hoping I could use them on a Typhon with one of the DP bodies. I will have to follow along and see how you sort this out.
As an owner of a pair of Senton body mounts, I also wish they fit. lol

Some progress on the base plate.

Heated the tabs on the limitless front underbody brace to get it to fit. Drilled new holes and mounted.

20230205_161536.jpg

20230205_151202.jpg

Not actual Carbon Fiber, patterned Kydex. Nice easy formable plastic, we'll see how well it holds up to pavement.

20230205_162515.jpg

Template tracing
20230205_164754.jpg

20230206_203036.jpg

Sides are long to reach the Delta body, planning to curl them into air ducts

Some progress on the base plate.

Heated the tabs on the limitless front underbody brace to get it to fit. Drilled new holes and mounted.

View attachment 276207

View attachment 276208

Not actual Carbon Fiber, patterned Kydex. Nice easy formable plastic, we'll see how well it holds up to pavement.

View attachment 276209

Template tracing
View attachment 276210

View attachment 276211

Sides are long to reach the Delta body, planning to curl them into air ducts
I’m excited to see your next steps. I got some Kydex as well but I’ve never worked with it before. Do you use a heat gun to form it, or are you using the oven method? I’ve also seen people using boiling water in a pan, but it looks like it would be too easy to distort the flat bottom.
Nice job implementing the front splitter and rear diffuser to a chassis that really wants to fight your efforts, especially in the rear.
Great build and super interesting!

I’m excited to see your next steps. I got some Kydex as well but I’ve never worked with it before. Do you use a heat gun to form it, or are you using the oven method? I’ve also seen people using boiling water in a pan, but it looks like it would be too easy to distort the flat bottom.
Nice job implementing the front splitter and rear diffuser to a chassis that really wants to fight your efforts, especially in the rear.
Great build and super interesting!
Thanks! I mainly use a heat gun to form Kydex, try to be even with it and quick. I have a vacuum former, but for short run or odd pieces, hand forming is easier. No idea how it's going to hold up, it's relatively soft. Yes, fitment is challenging, I am routinely surprised at how interchangeable the parts are, hoping the Kydex just sort-of ties the underside together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back