Typhon RWB Porsche Build Log

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relimar

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Decided to start a build log to keep this project moving forward.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 223857.jpg

Bought a used Typhon 6S V5 off reddit to turn into a parking lot basher. I have a truggified Typhon and frequently drive around and around looking for dirt/grass without luck, but do find a million empty parking lots... so here we are.

Step 1, disassemble, clean and inspect the goods:

20221016_204557.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to start a build log to keep this project moving forward.

Bought a used Typhon 6S V5 off reddit to turn into a parking lot basher. I have a truggified Typhon and frequently drive around and around looking for dirt/grass without luck, but do find a million empty parking lots... so here we are.

Step 1, disassemble, clean and inspect the goods:

View attachment 272594

Nice. đź‘Ť

I recently got a pre-owned Kraton..
Yours looks 100X better!

Progress so far, new chassis (stock). Limitless shock towers and shocks. rebuild the diffs F->R 60-500-30. Car wasn't too bad, stock esc had the tabs filed off for some reason. Diff fluid was black and low, surface rust pretty much everywhere. Taking full advantage of take-off parts from the other car and misc odds and ends.

20221021_032726.jpg

Front, rear and center rebuilt. Infraction and Limitless front bumper parts arrived and started figuring out what I need for a splitter and body mounts.

20221025_212410.jpg

Body arrived, 911 from Delta Plastiks, looks decent, not as crisp as a 1:10 drift body, but thicker and should work. BIG gaps everywhere, front 4", rear 4" sides 2" or so. Intended for Senton mounts for some unknown reason. Senton mounts attach directly to the diff housing and don't work with a Typhon, so that will need to be sorted.

20221023_011022.jpg

Ridiculous mish-mash of Typhon, Mojave, Infraction, Limitless and Notorious parts to make up the Front Splitter. Managed to add the Notorious brace and start figuring out the body mounts.

Tires arrived: PowerHobby 1/8 Gripper: 42/100 Front, 54/100 Rear

20221030_233216.jpg

Lined up just before the nerve-racking cuts, body posts first then wheel arches
20221028_190847.jpg

Realized the limitless towers and shocks are far shorter than the Senton/Typhon expectation from Delta. The lowest mount I could find spread them pretty far to the sides of the hood, but the height looks good.
20221029_151843.jpg

Last edited:
Back and forth trimming the wheel arches to clear the wheels. At this point it's obvious I'm going to have to channel Akira Nakai and cut at least the rear fenders and build custom ones.
20221031_101533.jpg

Solid 4" space from the end of the Typhon to the body in the rear, bought an infraction? rear fin thing to try out. 3D printing a porsche engine is still floating around in my head. I have to balance what would look sweet af vs what will tear to shreds on the street :/
20221102_234018.jpg

1674532494021.png
1674532603476.png

Fits...sort-of
20230123_225835.jpg

Flares down pretty badly without the infraction chassis to knit it.
20230123_225856.jpg

Whole underside:
20230123_225845.jpg

3D printing a rough draft of that crazy Porsche wing to see if it fits/how it mounts and what I need to add to not have this thing die in a rollover. -old af filament at a .030 step height, don't judge my print :p

20230123_230550.jpg

20230110_014324.jpg

So... this is where it sits at the moment. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Great build!! I'm about to turn one of my stretched typhons into a corvette, hope it goes as smoothly as yours! I think using the wing mount and body post mount from the limitless/infraction is a good option too.

Great build!! I'm about to turn one of my stretched typhons into a corvette, hope it goes as smoothly as yours! I think using the wing mount and body post mount from the limitless/infraction is a good option too.
Thanks! Still a ton to do and fit and balance between the look I'm attempting and something that won't fall apart on the pavement! I was surprised how many parts were interchangeable, all my spare parts are basically a big bag of legos at this point haha
Love this build keep it coming!
Thank you!

Last edited:
Looking good, most important question what color is it going to be?? :cool:(y)
Lol, just about the toughest part of the build!
Could you use senton rear arms and axles to get the rear to tuck in enough?
I believe its only 10mm, but over fenders sounds great too.
Oh no no, the wide hips are a key feature! I'm going to build fenders, just need to pass the bravery test to cut the body haha

Oh no no, the wide hips are a key feature! I'm going to build fenders, just need to pass the bravery test to cut the body haha
Are you willing to try the 42s on the rear and 54s on the front? Or maybe do 42s all around? The body looks narrower at the rear for some strange reason...

Here's a slightly different take...to accentuate the wideness of the hips, what if you were to go slightly slimmer at the front on the suspension arms? It looks like you have plenty of front fender to work with. Yes, it may entail a bit of customization but you're already doing that anyways. Just a thought.

At any rate, I dig what you have going on here. That Delta 911 body looks way better mounted up on your car than it does on their website. Can't wait to see where this goes! (y)

This entire thread is epic. This was s a badass rig, looks phenomenal and with support from the community. Well done.

Are you willing to try the 42s on the rear and 54s on the front? Or maybe do 42s all around? The body looks narrower at the rear for some strange reason...
The body is actually the same width front/rear. I think it was designed with a street Senton in mind, so wheels and tires would be the same. My intention is to have the wider tires in the rear and modify the body to accommodate, while giving it the widebody kit, screws around the perimeter of the fender look
Here's a slightly different take...to accentuate the wideness of the hips, what if you were to go slightly slimmer at the front on the suspension arms? It looks like you have plenty of front fender to work with. Yes, it may entail a bit of customization but you're already doing that anyways. Just a thought.

At any rate, I dig what you have going on here. That Delta 911 body looks way better mounted up on your car than it does on their website. Can't wait to see where this goes! (y)
Much appreciated! I hadn't thought of narrowing the front, not sure which arms I would use to do that (limitless maybe?) The front lining up with the 42 tires was a happy accident, so not sure how much modification to the front fenders will be needed if any, but will (at minimum) put another fender layer over it or create a seam to give it the widebody kit look at all 4 corners

The body is actually the same width front/rear. I think it was designed with a street Senton in mind, so wheels and tires would be the same. My intention is to have the wider tires in the rear and modify the body to accommodate, while giving it the widebody kit, screws around the perimeter of the fender look

Much appreciated! I hadn't thought of narrowing the front, not sure which arms I would use to do that (limitless maybe?) The front lining up with the 42 tires was a happy accident, so not sure how much modification to the front fenders will be needed if any, but will (at minimum) put another fender layer over it or create a seam to give it the widebody kit look at all 4 corners
Yeah, maybe narrowing the front is making more work than need be. Having taken another look at it, if you can manage rear fender flares that properly frame those Grippers, she should look a right treat.

If you did want to pursue the front narrowing...I'm not sure what the next size down would be from what you have, but I'm sure there are some fellow travelers that know this stuff by heart. Maybe they'll be kind enough to drop a line. :)

I feel you and like your idea a lot. Nothing better than a nice fat rear end!! What material would you use? I'd think it would have to be flexible enough to go around the wheel well...maybe a 1mm plastic or get something 3D printed?

I feel you and like your idea a lot. Nothing better than a nice fat rear end!! What material would you use? I'd think it would have to be flexible enough to go around the wheel well...maybe a 1mm plastic or get something 3D printed?
Lol! It was a massive "female dog" (lmao forum auto-censorship) to find 1.5mm polycarbonate sheet (the same material and thickness Delta used for the body) in something less than a $150 4x8 size. Finally found it in like 8x10 hobby sheets on Amazon, so ... that's the plan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back