RX Box for the Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redferne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
If anyone is up to the task to design a receiver box for the Infraction it would be greatly appreciated. I'm tinkering with a DIY telemetry solution and do need a slightly bigger box and a lid which can also house a small GPS. I basically only need a very crude design with matching screw holes for the chassis. The details I'll be able to finish in Tinkercad ?

A simple box could be made to sit in the stock esc location and ESC could be mounted on top of it. Because of the servo horn the existing box can't be made taller, maybe just wider but not sure if that works for your project.

I do have a center plate design for the infraction using the limitless front body mount hole and the rest sits along the tower to tower brace secured to the brace with zip ties. It could easily be adapted to mount a receiver box near the middle of the car where it sits inside the cab area under the body. I used it to mount a cap pack and sound unit in my application.

Attachments

• 20200701_195639.jpg
    20200701_195639.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I would prefer using the space where the original RX box is located, to reduce the wire-clutter. Just make it a few millimeters longer (chassis wise). I think its 48x55mm inside, but not rectangular and there are some weird angles in there :) , would be great to get it rectangular and a few mm bigger I need to house the SR6100AT receiver and my custom telemetry board using a Teensy3.2+PropShield, preferably in the same box. On top, on the lid, where the power button is, I would cram a small GPS antenna like in the attached picture. So I would need to customize the lid a bit. The servo horn only uses about 20mm of the 60mm wide lid so there is plenty left for the Antenna and more + power button. Have not checked the maximum height of the lid, but I guess there is plenty of space beside the servo horn? I'm a Blender-beginner and would rather spend time on the electronics and code, which is almost done :)
1593727939915.png

So the Infraction ESC/receiver box/servo plate bottom isn't flat because of the center channel groove of the chassis so measurements may be a bit tricky. Next time I take out my receiver/ESC tray I may try to see what I can do about making one bigger. I still like the idea of using the stock esc location for a second box. Snip the wall out that separates the esc side from the receiver side, make a box that matches the 4 holes for mounting hobbywing escs to the bottom of the box, then have an opening for wiring to cross between the two boxes to get to the receiver. Then mount the esc on top of the second receiver box lid as there is vertical room. Being that the stock receiver box is integrated with the servo mount and the esc mount making a new box means throwing all those out or making them all together or separately etc so from a design/functionality standpoint using the stock esc location for a second box with esc on top is waaaaayy easier.

For the gps I actually have a beitian-220 that is basically the same as the gps you pictured. I am pretty sure I can come up with a lid mount adapting existing gps antenna mount designs and my receiver power switch mount design I have for hobbywing pushbutton power switches.

Could this be your fix? Easy fitment too. Only $10
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320604
Maybe it won't easily fit the Infraction. I don't have the vehicle but I do know this box showed up available today with the new roller

Ahh. So that's the option rx box for the 6S series? A little bigger than the original. Probably won't fit the Infraction, and it's much cooler to have your own 3d printed one ;)

Next time I take out my receiver/ESC tray I may try to see what I can do about making one bigger.
For the gps I actually have a beitian-220 that is basically the same as the gps you pictured. I am pretty sure I can come up with a lid mount adapting existing gps antenna mount designs and my receiver power switch mount design I have for hobbywing pushbutton power switches.
Anything you can come up with is very very welcome. I might be able to cram everything inside the standard rx box X and Y wise, but I definitely need to get a custom lid design going, which gives me more Z (height) inside the box and mounting and cover for the GPS antenna (to the right of the servo horn).

Anything you can come up with is very very welcome. I might be able to cram everything inside the standard rx box X and Y wise, but I definitely need to get a custom lid design going, which gives me more Z (height) inside the box and mounting and cover for the GPS antenna (to the right of the servo horn).
I'll see what I can come up and share if I make any sort of meaningful progress

So I just had to Tinkercad a bit :ROFLMAO: And no I have not printed it yet. It will be difficult, but with supports it should be OK. Not sure if it will even fit :LOL:
Edit: Printed OK with Adura-X @ 270C (Carbonfiber infused nylon). Will do some test-fitting soon.

1593810586724.png

1594082060616.png

Attachments

• Infraction_RX_Box_GPS_testprint.stl.zip
    125.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back