Rx Tx warranty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*420+3RC*

420+3RC
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
Gonna warranty esc. Got an answer but just in case if others ever need to know.

Does it matter if rx tx are changed if warranty esc?

No shouldnt. Right?

Last edited:
I don't see how changing the TX or RX would void the warranty, unless they determined that the ESC was damaged by plugging it in backwards to the RC or something, but I very much doubt they'd reach that conclusion without you telling them directly if thay was the case.

Also, for future reference this is a vendor part of the forum for 3DRC, this kind of post should probably be in Electronics or General Chaos right @slick2500?

I don't see how changing the TX or RX would void the warranty, unless they determined that the ESC was damaged by plugging it in backwards to the RC or something, but I very much doubt they'd reach that conclusion without you telling them directly if thay was the case.

Also, for future reference this is a vendor part of the forum for 3DRC, this kind of post should probably be in Electronics or General Chaos right @slick2500?
Come to think of it. I don't even remember hitting which group. My bad I had sat the phone down in the whole process. My apologies

I moved it to the electronics section.
As far as I know the only things that void the warranty on the esc are changing the plugs or physically modifying the esc.

Last edited:
Gonna warranty esc. Got an answer but just in case if others ever need to know.

Does it matter if rx tx are changed if warranty esc?

No shouldnt. Right?

⬆️ You should be fine unless you did what he said above And modified the ESC in anyway. I’m going to attempt the same thing with my vorteks. Now that I’m driving it so much more it’s driving me nuts how LVC is set at 3.6-3.8. I’ve heard there is an update for it so I’m going to ask for that first and then push for replacement.

Get luck with your warranty process buddy! I believe you’ve done it before and have the process down, right?

⬆️ You should be fine unless you did what he said above And modified the ESC in anyway. I’m going to attempt the same thing with my vorteks. Now that I’m driving it so much more it’s driving me nuts how LVC is set at 3.6-3.8. I’ve heard there is an update for it so I’m going to ask for that first and then push for replacement.

Get luck with your warranty process buddy! I believe you’ve done it before and have the process down, right?

Batteries determine lvc. The more voltage sag the higher the lvc will kick in. Another user noticed this. He had 3 different batteries from 3 different companies and all 3 triggered lvc at different voltages despite lvc being set the same with all 3 batteries.

No. Was going to b4 but the not so LHS actually fixed me up. Now with out income the extra drive is out. I messaged HH late last night. Idk
^^^ This - as well as any electrical malfeasance (eg, motors outside the spec limit of the ESC)
No sir. Put black tape around wires so they wouldn't flop about. What about if where "some guy I know" may have pinched wires when putting the top of the rx box back on....damn dude lol(me)

No. Was going to b4 but the not so LHS actually fixed me up. Now with out income the extra drive is out. I messaged HH late last night. Idk

No sir. Put black tape around wires so they wouldn't flop about. What about if where "some guy I know" may have pinched wires when putting the top of the rx box back on....damn dude lol(me)
Yeah unfortunately I'd say if that is the issue (broken wire) that would be user error and they wouldn't be liable and it would void said warranty in my understanding. 🤷‍♂️

I remember your thread now. Is this a new issue that you’re requesting a warranty on or the smashed wire? I would agree that smashed wires are oh the user and not a warranty issue but it’s something that’s easily fixed unless something shorted out when the wires got smashed.

Its not all the way thru. And was working b4 I switched rx tx. Ive tried to reset ESC. It won't. Now also when I turn it on it beeps 1 time. Then red LED flashes. And it won't do 💩

20211110_095337.jpg

20211110_095130.jpg

I remember your thread now. Is this a new issue that you’re requesting a warranty on or the smashed wire? I would agree that smashed wires are oh the user and not a warranty issue but it’s something that’s easily fixed unless something shorted out when the wires got smashed.
Kinda all in the same problem. Its honestly more user error. Story of my life.
I noticed the wires when putting it all back together. So now I have no clue

Is it just that one spot or could the problem be another spot (I see a bunch of kinks/crimps on the insulation behind your hand in the first picture)? If the whole cable is of dubious quality, just buy a servo extension , clip the appropriate end and cut the ESC cable to where it's known good and then reconnect the wires. You said you don't have access to soldering equipment - but you can just twist the wires together or use the solder seal wire connectors mentioned in the original thread until you make sure the ESC is good and you can find someone to do a proper solder / heat shrink job.

Its not all the way thru. And was working b4 I switched rx tx. Ive tried to reset ESC. It won't. Now also when I turn it on it beeps 1 time. Then red LED flashes. And it won't do 💩

View attachment 180032

View attachment 180033

I’ll pm ya in a bit. If you don’t see it in the next hour, pm me first. Sometimes there are issues with my pm I’ve been told.

I’ll pm ya in a bit. If you don’t see it in the next hour, pm me first. Sometimes there are issues with my pm I’ve been told.

PM sent, no worries now man! Relax!

So was gonna put 1 more try in to get some diff results. I turned the Tx on then the truck. Immediately nothing happened. But then I sat TX down on the table and the servo centered itself. I checked steering it was responsive THEN BAM!!!! S.O.B goes full throttle on me again!!

Turned it off. Both TX and truck. Started again. TX on. Then truck. Nothing. I tapped the Tx and servo kicked and truck goes full throttle again!! Wtf?
So was gonna put 1 more try in to get some diff results. I turned the Tx on then the truck. Immediately nothing happened. But then I sat TX down on the table and the servo centered itself. I checked steering it was responsive THEN BAM!!!! S.O.B goes full throttle on me again!!

Turned it off. Both TX and truck. Started again. TX on. Then truck. Nothing. I tapped the Tx and servo kicked and truck goes full throttle again!! Wtf?
So I shook the tx just a bit. And I can hear something very small but loose moving around the inside of the controller.

Supposed to be a "new with a rtr Vorteks" but I also found what looks to be battery acid in battery box on Tx.

Attachments

• 16370125534802910822547678214809.jpg
    16370125534802910822547678214809.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Those Tx battery terminal leads are serious weaksauce. Apparently, Spektrum thinks they're toys.

That white wire in the munched up harness pictured is a signal wire. Those kinks are so tight that I'd be surprised if the wire wasn't holding on by a strand. One intermittently contacting strand. Worth learning to solder over in my book. This stuff comes up again and again for the hobbyist, crashing this and breaking that. It would be cheap to get the basics on Amazon. Then you can catch fish for a lifetime.

Those Tx battery terminal leads are serious weaksauce. Apparently, Spektrum thinks they're toys.

That white wire in the munched up harness pictured is a signal wire. Those kinks are so tight that I'd be surprised if the wire wasn't holding on by a strand. One intermittently contacting strand. Worth learning to solder over in my book. This stuff comes up again and again for the hobbyist, crashing this and breaking that. It would be cheap to get the basics on Amazon. Then you can catch fish for a lifetime.
Right on. Thanks for the info. No new anything will be able to be budgeted for a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back