Ryobi One Rotorary tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimbobjr

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Home Depot still has the deal where you buy two 3amp Ryobi one batteries and you get to choose a tool for “free”. I chose the Rotor tool. It’s really nice. My dremel is on its last legs so I hope this will be a good replacement. It has a flexible shaft and the motor is in the stand where the battery lies. I will take some pics tomorrow or over the weekend. Here’s a link to it.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-18-Volt-ONE-Cordless-Rotary-Tool-P460/308176530

(y)I eat Dremels for some reason. I've had them all the past 30 years. They are costly too. I have all the accessories. Drill press, flexible wand etc. And I don't really use them much or abuse them at all. They just fail. And it never fails because of the brushes. And Dremel charges an arm and and a leg to repair them. Did that once. A mistake. I have spare brushes lying around and never needed them. The board fails always This a great option especially for the price. And I also have an 18v "One" Ryobi leaf blower and charger. Thanks for the heads up.:)

I mounted it today on the back of my bench. Use right there or pull it off and use it anywhere. The flexible drive shaft as apposed to an electric cord takes a little getting used to but should be just fine. With the motor contained on a dremel debris get sucked in there and eventually cause trouble. With the motor away from it this one will not have that trouble. Also comes with an assortment of wheels and even some polishing compound.

Isolating the motor and even its weight is a plus. Motor and "board" may not crap out. I like the flex wand on my Dremel. It' easier to do detail work. Lighter and more pencil like. I hope my LHD has it still. I have a X-mass gift card there to use. It just may be my first Present for the holidays.:LOL: Thanx.

edit: I find that Dremels boards fry because working on metal, it's dust gets sucked into the Dremel and short out the board. That's what the compnay told me when I paid to service the last one. Makes sense. It also bricked a short time later. :unsure: They should be made better for the price point. They are not disposable tools.

Isolating the motor and even its weight is a plus. Motor and "board" may not crap out. I like the flex wand on my Dremel. It' easier to do detail work. Lighter and more pencil like. I hope my LHD has it still. I have a X-mass gift card there to use. It just may be my first Present for the holidays.:LOL: Thanx.
Mine was a GC purchase as well from my inlaws. My HD has a ton of Ryobi one stuff left over from the holidays. Thinking about getting two more of the batteries and getting a "free" brushless jigsaw or the brushless 7 1/4 circular saw. Hope they have the rotary tool for you. They may have it in a different part of the store as to where you think it should be. Mine was in the leftover Christmas tool area and not in the tool crib.

Heres a picture. Mounted it under a shelf with enough length to use it near by. Easily removed to use everywhere else.
20200110_145657.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back