Kraton S N O W. !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
In the past I've always just staired at my collection of rigs during the winter , this year I'm building snow jumps and pathways to drive in , we just got 8 inches of snow , it's 7am and I'm building a track n jumps in the snow , I'm not just sitting n looking and getting board this winter

We have snow coming down today as well, but not as much as you’re getting.

E651B81B-B193-4B15-82E8-2B14AB8C67E5.jpeg

We Just get the odd snowfall in the UK and everything comes to a halt and everyone panics! How do you lot prepare your rigs for the snow?

We build last year a "ramp" on the top of this igloo and kids have broken a couple of pieces, especially at -15 Celcius...

Attachments

• IMG_1678fdfffffffffffffffff.jpg
    IMG_1678fdfffffffffffffffff.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1680 (2).JPG
    IMG_1680 (2).JPG
    268.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I've also hibernated and put the rc stuff away for the winter in previous years, but with a new Kraton purchase on Black Friday, I couldn't just stare at it all winter. I never thought about building a track, that's a great idea (but all that work will go down the tubes with the first thaw). You should post a pic when it's done!
We Just get the odd snowfall in the UK and everything comes to a halt and everyone panics! How do you lot prepare your rigs for the snow?
All I do to get snow ready is waterproof the balance leads using the cut off fingers from nitrile gloves. When I'm done running, I let the truck warm up upside down so all the snow falls out. Screws seem to rust pretty quick with all the water, but it beats the alternative of letting it collect dust.

Snowblower , two passes , shoot the snow right at the edge of the track , where I build a jump to keep the snow where I need it , but jeeeeeze ! Here we are two days later and it's all dgone ! Oh well , time to tear up the lawn again , since I didn't get yelled at last time ??

Snow is a bast with the right tires. Paddles are best but Trenchers served me well last year after the mid January snow storm. Still waiting for something significant this year unfortunately. A quick spray with WD40 prior to and then blow all the snow off afterwards and re-oil . Keep in mind between the cold and excessive wheel spin that the run time will drop significantly.

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_164731333.jpg
    IMG_20190113_164731333.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20190113_164744228.jpg
    IMG_20190113_164744228.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 48
Snowblower , two passes , shoot the snow right at the edge of the track , where I build a jump to keep the snow where I need it , but jeeeeeze ! Here we are two days later and it's all dgone ! Oh well , time to tear up the lawn again , since I didn't get yelled at last time ??
Right, a snowblower would make it much easier. Too bad I spent my snowblower money on a Kraton! ?

Snow is a bast with the right tires. Paddles are best but Trenchers served me well last year after the mid January snow storm. Still waiting for something significant this year unfortunately. A quick spray with WD40 prior to and then blow all the snow off afterwards and re-oil . Keep in mind between the cold and excessive wheel spin that the run time will drop significantly.

Love the pics, so I want to run my new , first rc for me, Senton in the snow and from the looks of yours it seems it would be ok.

As long as I blow of the snow with air and dry it out in front of the heater should all be ok???

Love the pics, so I want to run my new , first rc for me, Senton in the snow and from the looks of yours it seems it would be ok.

As long as I blow of the snow with air and dry it out in front of the heater should all be ok???
You might want to rub anything metal with WD40 to avoid rust too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back