S.S.T.Y.H.D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sitting in a deer stand 90 plus degrees for countless hours waiting on nothing
And you know you can't wait!! A couple more weekends until bow season!!
I'll be out there sweating with my bow, wondering what I'm doing, and looking forward to general season when i can still hunt in cooler weather.

And you know you can't wait!! A couple more weekends until bow season!!
I'll be out there sweating with my bow, wondering what I'm doing, and looking forward to general season when i can still hunt in cooler weather.
Our season opened sept 7

I bought a bunch of parts from Jenny's and never checked the delivery address when I checked out. A few days later @Mr.Duke had a package ? Oops!

Some dumb stuff I've done wouldn't be that big but still annoying. Rebuilding my rustler transmission I took it all apart and got it into a hot racing case new hardened gears. Got it all back together to realize the case with the gears was right next to me and not where it should have been. Also have a bad habit of eating spur gears because I forgot to check my mesh.

Then there are all the times I let my drunk friends use my rcs (the ones I don't care to much about) that usually leads to a night of dumb stunts and broken parts.

Then there are all the times I let my drunk friends use my rcs (the ones I don't care to much about) that usually leads to a night of dumb stunts and broken parts.
You shouldn't let the friends you don't care about use your rc's. ?

Haha, sounds very familiar. I once installed a diff the wrong way so the front wheels turned backwards and the rear wheels opposite. You should have seen my face with a huge AHU?-look when i hit the throttle o_O

I did the same thing with a Losi mini8 ?

Last night (Thursday), i put not one, but three different front diffs together backwards(DHK Hunter, Redcat Blackout XTE, HobbyKing Quanam Vandal), which makes me very happy my Arrma's (Granite, Senton, Fazon) are dummy proof, although, i recently ordered the parts to widen my Granite, and, then found out i mixed up part numbers, and ended up with 2 Granite front lower arms, and 4 Typhon rear arms, then, forgot the pillow balls, and realized it after the truck was gutted (i also changed to a full Jims bearings kit), and, again, ordered the wrong part number, and ended up with aluminum 1/16 pillow balls. I finally got it all back together (by putting 2 of the Typhon arms backwards on the front), only to have it go 6 inches and stop dead with a fried motor. Its the original Brushed motor, that, in its defense has been buried multiple times above the body in water and snow, so im surprised it lasted 5 months. Now im bouncing between just swapping to a BL system, or just replacing the stock motor, since, for what i use it for, it was plenty quick enough. My only issue is i have bad luck breaking in new motors (ok so they were 3 different Traxxas 12T motor's), but they didnt last 5 minutes, so, either im doing the water break in way wrong, which is possible, or something else is going on.

S.S.T.Y.H.D

Upgraded the Arrma 7kg servo in my new BRCC to the 15kg from my 6s Kraton. All went well and took it for a run and thought it wasn't much of an improvement but didn't think too much of it. Later that night was proudly showing my wife what work I'd done to my new Rocky. Picked up the removed servo off the bench to show her, looked at it for a second...... then realized it was the 15kg. I had refitted the same 7kg back into the Rocky. Doh ?‍♂️

I'll blame it on night shift brain ??. No biggy I guess. Lucky its easy to replace. Still, I hate rework.

My Losi Black Rhino Baja Rey I've put the rear diff in backwards, my face was probably funner to look at as I'm just watching the truck dig 4 holes in the dirt and never moving forward/reverse!! Other one I do most often is, forgetting the bearings on the diff cups and even get them all back together and wondering why I'm having so much of an easier time putting the diffs back in...? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ?‍? ?‍? ?‍?

The first time I took my Granite (only 2nd time running it) to a BMX track I sunk it in what I thought was just a shallow puddle and being a noob I never taped the rims or vented the tires. In the end everything was fine and it still runs like a champ.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back