S.S.T.Y.H.D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to remove my bumper, and I didn't realize that there were two screws on the chassis holding the bumper on. I tried so hard for hours to pull it off, when I finally decided to look up a bumper removal video. when I got it off, those two holes were all stretched out.

Worked on my Kraton, front diff was slipping. Thought to myself that I should better take a look at my new Infraction while I'm at it and pulled out the front diff as well, noted it was facing the other way but pulled it out and took it apart. All looked well, sufficient fluid and shimmed. Quite happy at the time with both diff's properly shimmed, installed it in my Kraton, added out-drive shim and got it all smooth, buttoned it up and moved to Infraction, installed as well, added 1 shim just for good measure, all turned smooth and re-assembled. Did a spin up on both sitting on their respective stands, all sounded nice and solid. Happy days! (y)
Fast forward to next day, had my Talion and Infraction for some road bashing.
Talion first, no issues, next the Infraction, it's a beast, so happy to let it run, had 2 onlookers by that time, turned it on, tapped the throttle and WTF:mad:, awful noise, did I break the center diff? Everything going through my head, people tapping the brake and blowing the diff but haven't even used it yet. Tried pushing forward by hand, something is locked, picked it up, wheels turn just fine :unsure:, tapped the throttle, nice and smooth..WTF again..?
What could possibly be happening? oh nooooo..I noticed that wheels turned into opposite direction :rolleyes:
SOMEBODY must have installed that center diff just like in the Kraton...glad it wasn't me and that nobody knows...
Went home, hugged the cat and gave the wife some treats..called it a day. ?
Multitasking is overrated...?

What could possibly be happening? oh nooooo..I noticed that wheels turned into opposite direction :rolleyes:
SOMEBODY must have installed that center diff just like in the Kraton...glad it wasn't me and that nobody knows...
Been there... reminds me of my t-maxx days. Nearly cooked a clutch figuring out how stupid I was!

I did that with my Losi Rock Rey and it was the front diff. If you hand any idea what a pain in the ass it is to remove the front diff in that truck you would really feel sorry for me!

Haha, sounds very familiar. I once installed a diff the wrong way so the front wheels turned backwards and the rear wheels opposite. You should have seen my face with a huge AHU?-look when i hit the throttle o_O
I’ve done that a few times haha I know mark my diff cases for placement Haha
I did that with my Losi Rock Rey and it was the front diff. If you hand any idea what a pain in the ass it is to remove the front diff in that truck you would really feel sorry for me!
Been there before!! Titos and rc car repairs can mess things up ha

First day I got my Granite 3s BLX first run trying to go all out hit a metal fence rail at about 35+ and snapped front A arm bent shock rod in first like 5 mins. So truck was down for another couple weeks waiting on parts. More recently got a new slipper assembly for my Granite was so stoked to get to bash it again didn't make sure to tighten my motor mount screws so ate a spur gear for that one. Thankfully nothing with the K6s yet....

I know this is an older thread but I felt like this was the best place to post this.

So this morning I packed up my truck with 3 rcs, my charger, all my charger cables, some tools, my transmitters, some spare parts and my lipo checker. Then I drove 4 hours up to the lake hooked up my charger then went to grab my batteries....... I forgot to grab my ammo can with my batteries in it 🤦‍♂️

I know this is an older thread but I felt like this was the best place to post this.

So this morning I packed up my truck with 3 rcs, my charger, all my charger cables, some tools, my transmitters, some spare parts and my lipo checker. Then I drove 4 hours up to the lake hooked up my charger then went to grab my batteries....... I forgot to grab my ammo can with my batteries in it 🤦‍♂️
Oh man!! 😔 What a bummer

Age or weed?

Damn that sucks. But a 4 hours drive to bash your rcs's? Or do you have a house by the lake?

I forgot my bodies last weekend, don't ask me how :ROFLMAO: but it's a 15 minutes drive (small country)

Been there done that, used lots of colorful language! I swear I need a checklist before I head out.

Age or weed?
Just forgot to grab it as I had a lot to pack this morning.
Damn that sucks. But a 4 hours drive to bash your rcs's? Or do you have a house by the lake?

I forgot my bodies last weekend, don't ask me how :ROFLMAO: but it's a 15 minutes drive (small country)
My brother has a place out here and I was just coming up for the weekend.
Been there done that, used lots of colorful language! I swear I need a checklist before I head out.
Right?

Luckily my brother has a couple of 2s lipos so I can at least run 1 of them.

Been there, done that, got the tshirt. It sucks, especially when you got no one to blame but yourself.

But a 4 hour drive first, that really sucks man.

Just forgot to grab it as I had a lot to pack this morning.

My brother has a place out here and I was just coming up for the weekend.

Right?

Luckily my brother has a couple of 2s lipos so I can at least run 1 of them.
This is how the hobby shop near where my bother lives did up his battery. They cut the lead off the old battery and soldered it to the new one 🤦‍♂️
20210904_175536.jpg

Sounds like it's time to locate a local hobby store. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back