S.S.T.Y.H.D.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
This is the thread where you post the (S)tupid (S)h!t (T)hat (Y)ou (H)ave (D)one. RC related of course. I don't want you to hear about the time you drank a 5th of Jack and drove your Harley down the freeway at 120 with no helmet.

I'll start. I've done this at least twice. Reassembled my truck without putting in the center dogbones. What makes this especially stupid is that I did it with a truck that had the Markhor top plate which meant disassembling the wing mount and chassis braces to get them back in. Man, was I pissed!

Sorry ..., I’ve only had my Typhon for about a month... So I haven’t had time to do any SS. But I’ll be back soon I’m sure....

Haha, sounds very familiar. I once installed a diff the wrong way so the front wheels turned backwards and the rear wheels opposite. You should have seen my face with a huge AHU?-look when i hit the throttle o_O

I did that with the front diff of my Rock Rey and it takes 30 minutes to get that f@#king thing out! Nice one!

Sorry ..., I’ve only had my Typhon for about a month... So I haven’t had time to do any SS. But I’ll be back soon I’m sure....
It's only a matter of time......

I don't know if it's stupid or not seen many people do it but I don't know why I constantly feel like it's ok to drive my r/c's directly back straight toward my legs and body. Never seriously hurt myself but have a couple scars I am almost like a deer in the headlights.

Haha, sounds very familiar. I once installed a diff the wrong way so the front wheels turned backwards and the rear wheels opposite. You should have seen my face with a huge AHU?-look when i hit the throttle o_O
Yep, did that a few times with a t-maxx. Put it on the ground, start it, rev the engine and it just sits there and smokes... pick it up, rev the engine, wheels spin... the really stupid is then I put it back on the ground and rev'd it again! I'm like GO! PIck it up, rev it... then notice how stupid I was. lol!

My first drive with my baja 5B had a steep learning curve. Was my first 1/5th scale. I was breaking it in and towards the end of the tank I was getting up in speed. It was winter, so the ground was wet/cold with snow around (the whole reason I bought the thing). I had it coming straight at me and a pretty good clip. Hit the brakes... it didn't even start to slow down until it ran into my leg. Ripped my jeans, cut a chunk out of my shin and I fell down.

Wasn't until the next bash that I realized my first mistake was buying a really heavy 1/5th scale with 2wd and not much ground clearance to run in the snow...

The very first lesson it taught me was to not hold onto something while your drilling it... especially when your drilling the hole with your hand behind it. I was drilling a large hole in a piece of wood so I could pop the big ball end in the A-Arm for the front axle carrier. It was 3AM... I had been building the 5B SS Kit since 10PM after working all day... so my judgement was a bit askew. The drill I was using was a new lithium 12V a coworker of mine bought me for Christmas after helping him install his surround sound, this was the first thing I drilled with it. It had way more speed/torque than my old 7.2V unit it replaced. Cost me a trip to the ER, a piece of bone it shaved off my finger, 16 stitches and an achy finger with limited mobility every time it gets cold.

I was taught many lessons by that 5B. :)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's stupid or not seen many people do it but I don't know why I constantly feel like it's ok to drive my r/c's directly back straight toward my legs and body. Never seriously hurt myself but have a couple scars I am almost like a deer in the headlights.
Driving a 6s 1/8 scale rig straight at yourself qualifies! I've only hit myself with the 1/10 scale stuff.

Forgot the put grease on the ring gear....twice both front and rear! Luckily I remembered before I was completely done but not before buttoning the cases back up.

Swapped in new servo, attached the servo arm, ready to go....only I didn’t center it before attaching the arm.

When I was assembling my Tekno at 3 in the morning, tired, had been a long day, I finally completely assemble the front and rear clips, I bolt them to the chassis and for some reason I thought I had the front diff in the rear bulkhead and rear diff in the front bulkhead. SO, I tear down the rear and crack it open to find the rear diff is in the right place lol. I stopped and went to bed afte that lol.

No 1/8 scale stuff but 1/10 scale and smaller and mostly in smaller areas like my backyard. I can be stupid but I hope I am not stupid enough to drive a 50+ mph r/c back at myself.
Never underestimate the effects of alcohol.

A couple year's back i jumped a traxxas bandit and hit my 6 year old daughter square in the forehead. She was playing right by my ramp. Felt stupid but luckily she just got a knot on the head. No real damage.

Not just stupid, but posted it like I was a champ. Charging batteries while in the rig. Also left batteries connected on the rc while stored in the trunk of the car. Got lucky that I caught it in time that nothing catastrophic happened, but had to defib the batteries to bring them back to life. So much more, but I just started with the light stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back