S652- decent servo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Horizon warranty just upgraded the servo they’re sending me (granite mega 4x4). Is this halfway decent? Or is it just the 18kg servo that comes on the 3s models that has issues?

B0D9CFC6-BE66-44E3-A962-37E5B71A35DB.png

Horizon warranty just upgraded the servo they’re sending me (granite mega 4x4). Is this halfway decent? Or is it just the 18kg servo that comes on the 3s models that has issues?

B0D9CFC6-BE66-44E3-A962-37E5B71A35DB.png
It just occurred to me to look it up on Jenny’s and it’s a 6S servo. Cool. These any good lol?

Last edited:

View attachment 152744

It just occurred to me to look it up on Jenny’s and it’s a 6S servo. Cool. These any good lol?
The S651 comes stock on the 3s rigs. The S652 is the 6s servo and I haven't heard of any problems with them. At least not like we have with the 3s servos. But most people just upgrade the RTR servos anyway.

View attachment 152744

They are garbage. Causing lots of issues on brand new rigs. Failures out of the box.

The S651 comes stock on the 3s rigs. The S652 is the 6s servo and I haven't heard of any problems with them. At least not like we have with the 3s servos. But most people just upgrade the RTR servos anyway.
Yeah…but it was free lol. So I gotta try it out on something 🤪
Thanks!!

They are garbage. Causing lots of issues on brand new rigs. Failures out of the box.
I don't read the 6s forums as much so I haven't been keeping up on the problems with the RTR rigs. I guess the S652 is no better than the S651 that comes on the 3s rigs.
Yeah…but it was free lol. So I gotta try it out on something 🤪
Thanks!!
Hell with it. Free is free. Run it til it dies.

23 spline servos……wish the manufacturers could just settle in on 25. Would make life much easier. Free servo go with it. 650/651 are known garbage but i don’t have knowledge on the 652.

23 spline servos……wish the manufacturers could just settle in on 25. Would make life much easier. Free servo go with it. 650/651 are known garbage but i don’t have knowledge on the 652.
On 6s rigs?
Are you referring to 3s or 6s rigs?

On 6s rigs?

Are you referring to 3s or 6s rigs?
It is the stock 6s servo. Honestly in my 5 rigs 4 are 6s I run 3 of them and haven't had issues in well over 6 months with mine. For the 3s rigs it is great and should last a good long while for sure👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back