S905 kraton 8s servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodaggy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
I know the servo is 15t spline, but is it savox style? My savox style horn don't fit it.

(y) Large Scale servos like most standard servos may require a spline specific horn. Spline counts can vary. Not new. Spektrum and others use differing spline counts. Count the splines. Get the correct horn for the S905.;)

(y) Large Scale servos like most standard servos may require a spline specific horn. Spline counts can vary. Not new. Spektrum and others use differing spline counts. Count the splines. Get the correct horn for the S905.;)
They are both 15 spline that's why I'm asking. The spektrum is listed as a standard mega spline output, the horn is a savox style. The servo for that horn wouldn't fit the stock servo saver, but everyone claims it fits on Facebook. So I am trying to verify what the actual spline type is before I buy another servo. So there is more to it than tooth count. Nothing new.

I know the servo is 15t spline, but is it savox style? My savox style horn don't fit it.

There is no Savox style that I've heard of. 15t spline is 15t spline. The stock saver should work with a Savox large scale servo. It's a very tight fit but its supposed to be so you will have to use force while installing it.

They are both 15 spline that's why I'm asking. The spektrum is listed as a standard mega spline output, the horn is a savox style. The servo for that horn wouldn't fit the stock servo saver, but everyone claims it fits on Facebook. So I am trying to verify what the actual spline type is before I buy another servo.
There is no Savox style that I've heard of. 15t spline is 15t spline. The stock saver should work with a Savox large scale servo. It's a very tight fit but its supposed to be so you will have to use force while installing it.
Ok. I bought a hobbystar servo, it's spec is "15t savox style" and it was a tight fit with the stock servo saver, really tight. So I tried the aluminum horn that came with the servo and it fit the hobbystar servo, but not the stock servo. So when I started looking it up, spektrum lists their servo as a standard mega spline 15t, and the hobbystar was listed as a 15t savox style.

That's when I got lost and couldn't find different servo spline types for 1/5 scale servos.

So all 15t 1/5 servos should fit the stock servo saver?

Yep. Tightly. They are supposed to be. Remember taking the saver off the stock servo? It was really on there. Same thing putting it back on a new servo.
To be honest I didn't think it was that bad coming off. Not as hard as it was trying to put it on the other servo. My next question is then, why does my aluminum servo horn fit the hobbystar servo just fine but will not fit the spektrum servo at all?

Every manufacturers spline can be a few microns off from one another. It would be as simple as aluminum not having the same give/flex as plastic. Just a tad different tolerances could be the meaning of a lose fit but still works to a super hammer on tight fit and it still works. I bet if you muscled the aluminum horn on the lip, screwing it down would suck it in. Don’t try it though, you want that stock saver.

Every manufacturers spline can be a few microns off from one another. It would be as simple as aluminum not having the same give/flex as plastic. Just a tad different tolerances could be the meaning of a lose fit but still works to a super hammer on tight fit and it still works. I bet if you muscled the aluminum horn on the lip, screwing it down would suck it in. Don’t try it though, you want that stock saver.
I'm going to order a new servo. I don't think I can find replacement gears for this hobbystar. I'll grab that primal servo everyone likes. I'll compare the horn on that one too.

Thanks for all your help.

The Primal is what most go for. In demand too. 1/5 crowd.

I am running the hobbystar and works fantastic. You do have to add some washers on the special screw so you can fully tighten the servo savor. Most people don't even do this. Non of the o rings should be visable after installation.

I am running the hobbystar and works fantastic. You do have to add some washers on the special screw so you can fully tighten the servo savor. Most people don't even do this. Non of the o rings should be visable after installation.
I emailed rcjuice about replacement gears for that hobbystar servo Sunday night. Didn't hear back from them so today I ordered the primal servo. Literally the same time I get my order confirmation through email, rcjuice replied and let me know they just got the gears in stock. So I bought those too! Haha. Crap.

Ok. Got my primal servo. Got some pics while I had it apart. These teeth are clearly different. The dull silver is the primal, copper colored is spektrum, and shiny silver is hobbystar. Primal and spektrum are the same, while the hobbystar is clearly different. Meaning there is more than one style 15t servo.

Attachments

• 20200703_191034.jpg
    20200703_191034.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 20200703_190936.jpg
    20200703_190936.jpg
    338.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 20200703_191005.jpg
    20200703_191005.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200703_190913.jpg
    20200703_190913.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 58
Ok. Got my primal servo. Got some pics while I had it apart. These teeth are clearly different. The dull silver is the primal, copper colored is spektrum, and shiny silver is hobbystar. Primal and spektrum are the same, while the hobbystar is clearly different. Meaning there is more than one style 15t servo.

Where is the screw hole to mount the saver on the hobbystar?

My Banggood spt 70g servo is not the same as the spectrum either. The servo saver was a little tight and the tapped hole shallower. Works superb though...

Where is the screw hole to mount the saver on the hobbystar?
It has a screw broke off in it. I polished the end smooth, because I chewed the tip up trying to get the screw out.
My Banggood spt 70g servo is not the same as the spectrum either. The servo saver was a little tight and the tapped hole shallower. Works superb though...
Yeah it's a different pattern. My aluminum horn for the hobbystar isn't even close to fitting the stock or primal servo.

It has a screw broke off in it. I polished the end smooth, because I chewed the tip up trying to get the screw out.

Yeah it's a different pattern. My aluminum horn for the hobbystar isn't even close to fitting the stock or primal servo.

So the splines are not cut as far down as the others which would make the saver not go on as tight...

So the splines are not cut as far down as the others which would make the saver not go on as tight...
The servo saver would go on, but very tight. It would disfigure the spline material in the servo saver. On the opposite, the servo saver fit just fine on the primal, slid on like all other servo horns do when they match up.

The screw broke off because you over tighten it. Like i said, yiu need to add 3-4 small washers and than assemble it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back