Sacrilege? Don't care!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
I've always liked the look of the traxxas XO-1, but was never willing to jump ship & buy one. Since I now have an Infraction I thought I'd just buy a shell & put it on there since they're so close in size. After very little research I bought one. When I got the clear body in my hands my very 1st impression was what a cheap, flimsy piece of sh!t that it is!!!😆 I had to do some trimming around the rear diffuser & ream 4 new body post holes. Once I got it fitting pretty well I noticed that normal grps don't fill out the wheel wells how I'd like, since the xo wheels are bigger. After conferring w/ @Diem Turner (who was a big help once again!) about bigger tire options I ended up buying a set of XO-1 tires from Jenny's. They look so much better & the rears are wider, but read that they balloon too, so I trimmed a little material around the wheel arches so I hopefully won't slice those $85! (🤨😳) traxxas tires. On to paint, chose tamiya dark metallic blue ps-59 & tamiya bright gun metal again ps-63. Left the windows & "engine" cover clear, did the hood & back deck lid in the bright gun metal. I really like how it turned out, but it's not perfect. This definitely took a lot more paint than the buggy bodies that's for sure, glad I'd bought enough to finish. Anyways, thanks for looking @ the new Chinook, v2😃👍🤘

20230130_175240.jpg

20230130_180301.jpg

20230203_155939.jpg

20230208_202554.jpg

20230209_123114.jpg

20230211_084338.jpg

20230211_084407.jpg

20230211_103206.jpg

20230211_103139.jpg

20230211_103244.jpg

20230211_103359.jpg

20230211_103728.jpg

20230211_103615.jpg

Last edited:
Looks Wickedly Fast just sitting there!

The 'Chinook' decals fit perfectly in the rear deck too. How did that happen?
It was meant to be..

The Splitter & Winglets compliments that body Real Nice 💥👊

Looks Wickedly Fast just sitting there!

The 'Chinook' decals fit perfectly in the rear deck too. How did that happen?
It was meant to be..

The Splitter & Winglets compliments that body Real Nice 💥👊
Yes, huge shout out to you @Tex Koder for hooking me up w/ those decals!!! Got the other body stickered up last night too!! They look awesome!!!!!!😃😍🤩

20230210_221738.jpg

Good gosh Josh! Bought the sweetest color blue I ever seen! Super sweet shell. Well done! ! Now you got 2 super sweet shells for that ride! (y) 💪
Agreed, absolutely LOVE that blue! It's the same as that 1st typhon body
Pretty freakin' awesome for a heretic! :love: that is a real knockout!
Thank you!!🥰☺️ Okay, is it good enough for me to keep my membership then? Am I allowed to hang around for a while longer?🤣

Last edited:
Agreed, absolutely LOVE that blue! It's the same as that 1st typhon body

Thank you!!🥰☺️ Okay, is it good enough for me to keep my membership then? Am I allowed to hang around for a while longer?🤣

You survived this round, but nothing is guaranteed. :p

Nice paint job there.
I know you were driven by the looks of the XO body, but I would have gone with a C8 Vette body instead, which appears to have similar lines.
The XO wheels are not great for speed running at all as you know. Never were. :unsure: Most XO guys were converting over to regular GT belted wheels. The opposite of what you did.:giggle:
Nice unique work there. I really like the paint theme.(y)(y)

Excellent again my friend! 👌 Love the blue!! You are getting so good at this, I see another different version of the Hawkeye theme coming soon!!!! I mean, it's almost March Madness and all! 👍👊😁✌️

Looks great! I'm surprised you wanted that body that badly though. I don't know much about cars but it seems like it would have been 10x easier to just get the proline c8 body, they look similar to me lol.

Looks great! I'm surprised you wanted that body that badly though. I don't know much about cars but it seems like it would have been 10x easier to just get the proline c8 body, they look similar to me lol.
There's just something about that vette body I don't like. I think it's the proportions or something. The front wheel fenders look too short & the a$$ end looks too tall. & there’s 1001 of those bodies on this forum (my ONLY social media!) How many Arrma guys you see rock this body? None. I looked high & low just for ANY info on how it was gonna work, I found 1 guy from 3 years ago who did the same thing. It's nice to have something a little unique. 🙂😉🤷‍♂️

I've always liked the look of the traxxas XO-1, but was never willing to jump ship & buy one. Since I now have an Infraction I thought I'd just buy a shell & put it on there since they're so close in size. After very little research I bought one. When I got the clear body in my hands my very 1st impression was what a cheap, flimsy piece of sh!t that it is!!!😆 I had to do some trimming around the rear diffuser & ream 4 new body post holes. Once I got it fitting pretty well I noticed that normal grps don't fill out the wheel wells how I'd like, since the xo wheels are bigger. After conferring w/ @Diem Turner (who was a big help once again!) about bigger tire options. Ended up buying a set of XO-1 tires from Jenny's. They look so much better & the rears are wider, but read that they balloon too, so I trimmed a little material around the wheel arches so I hopefully won't slice those $85! (🤨😳) traxxas tires. On to paint, chose tamiya dark metallic blue ps-59 & tamiya bright gun metal again ps-63. Left the windows & "engine" cover clear, did the hood & back deck lid in the bright gun metal. I really like how it turned out, but it's not perfect. This definitely took a lot more paint than the buggy bodies that's for sure, glad I'd bought enough to finish. Anyways, thanks for looking @ the new Chinook, v2😃👍🤘

View attachment 277412

View attachment 277413

View attachment 277414

View attachment 277415

View attachment 277416

View attachment 277417

View attachment 277418

View attachment 277419

View attachment 277420

View attachment 277421

View attachment 277422

View attachment 277423

View attachment 277424
Sweeeet bro! 👍💯

There's just something about that vette body I don't like. I think it's the proportions or something. The front wheel fenders look too short & the a$$ end looks too tall. & there’s 1001 of those bodies on this forum (my ONLY social media!) How many Arrma guys you see rock this body? None. I looked high & low just for ANY info on how it was gonna work, I found 1 guy from 3 years ago who did the same thing. It's nice to have something a little unique. 🙂😉🤷‍♂️
It's definitely unique and it looks nice! :cool: (y)

I totally get why you did it and it came great. I always liked the xo1 look but could never get one as it doesn't make sense with all the arrma parts I got scattered about. Gonna be a street bash car?

I've always liked the look of the traxxas XO-1, but was never willing to jump ship & buy one. Since I now have an Infraction I thought I'd just buy a shell & put it on there since they're so close in size. After very little research I bought one. When I got the clear body in my hands my very 1st impression was what a cheap, flimsy piece of sh!t that it is!!!😆 I had to do some trimming around the rear diffuser & ream 4 new body post holes. Once I got it fitting pretty well I noticed that normal grps don't fill out the wheel wells how I'd like, since the xo wheels are bigger. After conferring w/ @Diem Turner (who was a big help once again!) about bigger tire options I ended up buying a set of XO-1 tires from Jenny's. They look so much better & the rears are wider, but read that they balloon too, so I trimmed a little material around the wheel arches so I hopefully won't slice those $85! (🤨😳) traxxas tires. On to paint, chose tamiya dark metallic blue ps-59 & tamiya bright gun metal again ps-63. Left the windows & "engine" cover clear, did the hood & back deck lid in the bright gun metal. I really like how it turned out, but it's not perfect. This definitely took a lot more paint than the buggy bodies that's for sure, glad I'd bought enough to finish. Anyways, thanks for looking @ the new Chinook, v2😃👍🤘

View attachment 277412

View attachment 277413

View attachment 277414

View attachment 277415

View attachment 277416

View attachment 277417

View attachment 277418

View attachment 277419

View attachment 277420

View attachment 277421

View attachment 277422

View attachment 277423

View attachment 277424
My man!! Atta boy! Very nice!!!

Excellent again my friend! 👌 Love the blue!! You are getting so good at this, I see another different version of the Hawkeye theme coming soon!!!! I mean, it's almost March Madness and all! 👍👊😁✌️
Thanks bro!!🥰 I already have a couple new stocker typhon bodies that I got from Jenny's. The Toe Cutter & the Derecho are both getting new lids. I need the Toe Cutter to be really visible @ long distance so my options are a little more limited. I really like the old design, so maybe just a little twist. I'll need more paint & decals tho. I bought like 5 sheets of Iowa stickers & haven't been able to find them after the move!!😆
I totally get why you did it and it came great. I always liked the xo1 look but could never get one as it doesn't make sense with all the arrma parts I got scattered about. Gonna be a street bash car?
Not exactly sure yet!😆 I forgot to mention that I shot 3 coats of 3m rubberized bed liner on after the paint, just to try & stiffen the body cuz it's flopppier than an 80 year old's boobs!!! 🤣 Kinda waiting to get news about a 2nd infraction that I bought before I really decide. But probably yes, street basher. I just don't wanna shred those tires on the body @ 100mph

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back