Safe battery temperature?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeighDay

I came...I saw...I broke it
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Talion EXB
I just got done swapping out my Spektrum 2050kv motor with a HobbyStar 4092 1730 kv motor. 18t pinion. After a hard bash I noticed the battery was pretty warm when I pulled it out. Never noticed it was this warm before with the stock motor.

IR gun read the battery plastic temp at 120. Is this a safe operating temp?

The battery is a PowerHobby 5000mah 100c probably about 15-20 packs through it.

Ambient outside temps are 75.

Motor never got above 110 and same with the esc

I swear I remember reading people around here saying 140f is about as high as you want to go but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else chimes in.

I just got done swapping out my Spektrum 2050kv motor with a HobbyStar 4092 1730 kv motor. 18t pinion. After a hard bash I noticed the battery was pretty warm when I pulled it out. Never noticed it was this warm before with the stock motor.

IR gun read the battery plastic temp at 120. Is this a safe operating temp?

The battery is a PowerHobby 5000mah 100c probably about 15-20 packs through it.

Ambient outside temps are 75.

Motor never got above 110 and same with the esc
That's.. peculiar. I'd keep an eye on your charger next time you charge it up. Don't forget your lipo bag 👍

I swear I remember reading people around here saying 140f is about as high as you want to go but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone else chimes in.
I mean I was giving it hell testing out the new motor but the temps outside were significantly cooler.
That's.. peculiar. I'd keep an eye on your charger next time you charge it up. Don't forget your lipo bag 👍
will do. Have it currently in the garage away from
everything else in an ammo can. (Ammo can has holes in it)

I did solder some 6.5 bullets to my Spektrum ESC. Soldering job is clean and I don’t think that is the issue as the rest of the motor wires and cables are not hot or warm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back